Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:33 am

That's kind of you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Cole H
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Cole H

Companies : Wave FB
Setup : Berlinwood Elias Assmuth New Mold
Wide Trucks
Flatface G6D's
Riptape

What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:42 pm

my parents think its cool, but at my school lots of kids say its gay and make fun of kids who do it
Back to top Go down
Adnan B.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Adnan B.

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:03 pm

My Mom thinks its retarded and and shee getss so anoyed she drinks like pills to calm down ahahhahaha My Dad kinda supports me.
My teachers get so fucking pissed and my friends think im super retarded being 14 and playing with toys and lame tek deks.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

I forgot to mention:
Once one of my mums friends asked about how to do an ollie and she actually managed to land one in like the space of 2 minutes >< I wish I learnt that easily XD
My Mums friend who is a teacher she always took them off students and started playing around with them at break time Haha.
Also my art teacher despises them he once took one away and was about to snap it and then he noticed I had a sex pistols Pencil case and he gave it back.
My last Maths teacher took my Dv deck with ytrucks and winkler wheels and tried to snap it.
My French teacher took my closeup away for two days sad
And some of my friends are actually decent at fingerboarding. My friend has a china complete but it has absolutely no pop :L and my other friend plans on buying a closeup G4.
Back to top Go down
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 am

If she snapped it then gave it back, at least you would've kept the trucks and wheels.

Also, I don't FB in class, just during breaks and stuff. I'm a good boy that way.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm

( I know I already posted before but this is a bit of an update )

Yeah.

You guys have it way better than me... tongue

If I fingerboard at college people make snide remarks all the time... I usually just throw yoyo during the day (because apparently that's cool and fingerboarding is lame???) and then fingerboard at home. My parents are a little more accepting of it but I'm pretty sure my parents think I have the weirdest interests ever. tongue

My close friends are really good with it and accept as a skill (probably because they all made fun of me when I started yoyoing and then when I got good they were like shocked). I've only got one of my brothers to actually take it seriously and he's trying to get his kickflips down at this point.

Since I have so many decks on the way and I just got paid from Ray I think I might start making completes with bearingless wheels and order in some wides so that if I do meet people who are interested I can set them up. happy
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

Companies : Snowboarding, Skating
Setup : Emanant
NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:25 pm

My parents always support whastever I do. My mum just gets annoyed with the noise as well as my dad and sister lol I dont pull it out infront of teachers or at school usually. My friends have taken a like to it and I have a small group in school so we fb at lunch lol! I dont pull it out other than that. I do get weird looks tho in public lol
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:09 pm

My rents have always loved the idea of it.

Suddenly fingerboarding has become really popular in Year 7 at my school and pretty much all the Year 7s are fingerboarding in the canteen at break and lunch. I'm tempted to whip out something other than the tech decks they're using and start pulling off some sick tricks, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
mitch-03
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
mitch-03

Setup : Blosom 32.5mm <3
Brt Wides,
Oak Roots,
Ace tape.

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Finn S wrote:
Family: Think it's pretty unique but I spend way too much time doing it.
Friends: I have got a few friends into fingerboarding. Most of them don't care but think it's a bit sad.
Teachers: Most hate it. Hence why I don't take a fingerboard to school often.

my mum also thinks its a bit geeky.. and overly expensive.. but like 1 of my mates fbs and the rest think its a bit wierd and sad..

Last edited by mitch-03 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mitch-03
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
mitch-03

Brt Wides,
Oak Roots,
Ace tape.

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:16 pm

my mum also thinks its a bit geeky.. and overly expensive.. but like 1 of my mates fbs and the rest think its a bit wierd and sad..
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Mitch please don't double post, if you have something else to say edit your initial post and add on what you need to say. happy
Back to top Go down
mitch-03
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
mitch-03

Brt Wides,
Oak Roots,
Ace tape.

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:48 pm

oh ok thanks dident know you could do that :s i edited it not how do i delete posts.. :s lool
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks!

Keep posting!
Back to top Go down
Dooreman
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dooreman

Companies : Fingerboarding, Basketball, Gaming

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:57 pm

My parents are good about it, give me some stuff for my birthday. but they think its super expensive so my dad helps me to make some obstacles and rails happy
i dont FB in school,
2 of my best friends just ordered their first wooden board so thats pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:27 am

Parents don't care, my mom buys all my shit, dad doesn't give a shit, just no fingerboarding on the furniture downstairs.

I don't pull out my fingerboard in class. Only at lunch, sometimes.

Friends get interested/ don't really care. I have a few that legit fingerboard at school.

I get insecure when randoms see me fb at school, usually people would say "LOOK AT XAVIER PLAYING WITH TOYS" Or people would just stare, like this short kid that was staring at me do switch flip grinds on my rail one day at lunch.

Yep high school is going great for me.

Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:32 am

xavier l. wrote:
Parents don't care, my mom buys all my shit, dad doesn't give a shit, just no fingerboarding on the furniture downstairs.

I don't pull out my fingerboard in class. Only at lunch, sometimes.

Friends get interested/ don't really care. I have a few that legit fingerboard at school.

I get insecure when randoms see me fb at school, usually people would say "LOOK AT XAVIER PLAYING WITH TOYS" Or people would just stare, like this short kid that was staring at me do switch flip grinds on my rail one day at lunch.

Yep high school is going great for me.

lol maybe do what i did and wait till ur a senior so it looks more respectable tongue
its shitty too because i think our school must have been built by an FBer, because EVERYTHING is skateable.
Back to top Go down
calbob
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
calbob

Companies : fingerboarding and skateboarding , lifes all about doing tre flips
Setup : 4 corner fingerboards - 33mm wide deck
Wide tuned trucks and bearing wheels ,

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

My mum and dad think its annoying and my friend got his brand new berlinwood snapped by my math teacher sad
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Calbob, which Maths teacher? I'll give them a lesson they won't forget! Haha.

Mr Walls by any chance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
calbob
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
calbob

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Haha Harry mate just said 'I think it was a berlinwood' probably a wooden series tech deck know my friend :L oh and Mr swaine
Back to top Go down
calbob
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
calbob

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Oh and harry how do you rank up on this?
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Everyone thinks it's kinda gay but..... whatt can ya do? I whip it out whenever I can. It's more embarassing yo ne a skater in this town. And I am not not embarassed of either. Fingerboarding is fun and a lifestyle. Better than the kida who play pokemon at lunch eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:52 pm

My mom hates the sound, so I put magazines down tongue
My teachers can eat a DICK
My girlfriend thinks it's sick but she just can't seem to do it
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:23 pm

TylerE wrote:
My mom hates the sound, so I put magazines down tongue
My teachers can eat a DICK
My girlfriend thinks it's sick but she just can't seem to do it

My parents are driven nuts by the sound but don't say anything when I do it in my room.

Some of my teachers think it's really cool that finger boarding has evolved into it's own sub-culture of skateboarding and some of them are cool with it.

My girlfriend just thinks it's another toy I play with and just sees it as something I do. She has no patience for skill toys... She can't get it the first time and she just gives up... That's okay we can still play video games together. :B
Back to top Go down
Toby Jones
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Toby Jones

Companies : fingerboard
Setup : Berlin Wood Low Wide, BRT'S wide yellow, winklers brr ed and rip

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:35 pm

parents dont really mind, but i havent told anyone i do it! :/
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Toby Jones wrote:
parents dont really mind, but i havent told anyone i do it! :/

Yeah like if someone knows me I usually let know but I don't go around telling people I am a fingerboarder... It's just something I do, you know? It's like I don't go around telling people I am a yoyo thrower or a trumpet player or graphic designer... Those are just things I do. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?   What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do your Parents/Teachers/Anyone think of you fingerboarding?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2