Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalContribution. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contribution.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacko.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jacko.

Setup : Low Pro Family, FBS tape, China Wides, BRR Edition Wheels.

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

So, Birmingham's where I live. My local area, has nothing to do with Fingerboarding, I think 1-3 people Fingerboard here. Tomorrow my school's hosting a kind of 'show&tell' audition to show at a few schools around my area. I'm going to participate. So my hit is, I'm going to write a PDF tonight to take in tomorrow, with a few of my decks/my mini wink. The PDF is going to be about the origin/where Fingerboarding began, It's basically to get more people in the area, to get into Fingerboarding. If they like it I'll be able to show my Presentation to about 10-12 school around the area, If I get this far, I'm going to show how the community of Fingerboarding started, I'm defiantly going to feature some of the websites you can go onto FBHQ/Unite etc. If I do this, It'll get people in my area Fingerboarding. (Hopefully). I just wanted to share with you'll what I'm doing. Don't hate the idea, please. So, I've planned what I'm going to say, and just going to show Fingerboarding isn't about little kids pushing a Tech Deck around, I'm going to show everyone what they're missing, I've wrote up a detailed description of how a deck works/the parts, hopefully It'll be a big hit, and they'll like it. I spoke to the Head today about it, and he agrees It's a great/unique idea, and something that hasn't been done before. Most of the people are using things like Trampolining/Football, whilst I'm going for a totally different approach. The Head allowed me to ask my Woodwork teacher, If it goes to plan, he's going to add Fingerboarding to one of the clubs/lessons! My Headmasters also asked the School Council about ordering a park from Flatface, to use during the club. But only if they like the idea of Fingerboarding. Big day tomorrow, Sorry if it's in the wrong thread, didn't really know what this was classed as.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Wow, amazing idea Jacko!

I'd love for kids around my area to start fingerboarding. There's tons around Manchester, but hardly any around the Greater Manchester area where I'm based.

A lot of kids have found my YouTube, and I get a lot of guys around my school (mainly year 7s) with tech decks in the canteen trying to pull of tricks, Is always entertaining to watch!

It's great that you're braving up to it, and I hope it all goes well! A FlatFace park for a club? Damn, I'd move to Birmingham just for this!

Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Companies : none.
Setup : Homewood New Mold
Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 pm

WOW. How far away is Leamington Spa (i think thats the city's name) from Birmingham?
Cuz my cousins live there.

And I wish I could do something of this nature, but my school doesnt have this kind of stuff :\
Back to top Go down
Jordann <3
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordann <3

Companies : Fingerboarding,Gaming,MX
Setup : Woodguest,Wide Trucks,Close up metal core wheels,Fusion Tape! This is my first setup! Any good? PM!

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 pm

I would love to get people to fingerboard in my area, some of my friends do but its with tech decks and when I told them im getting a wooden board and stuff they were like thats a waste of moneey sad
Back to top Go down
Jacko.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jacko.

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks aha.

It's dead around my area, I'm sure like 10 maximum have heard about Fingerboarding, It's dead, has to be done.

Just getting people involved, getting the scene bigger.

My headmaster said 'It's a great idea, something that hasn't been thought of before, It'd be a great addition to the school'.

Hopefully It'll go smooth!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 pm

KingWoodfbs wrote:
WOW. How far away is Leamington Spa?
My grandma lives about 20 minutes from there! shocked

But this sounds great happy let us all know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Jordann <3
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordann <3

Setup : Woodguest,Wide Trucks,Close up metal core wheels,Fusion Tape! This is my first setup! Any good? PM!

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:20 pm

I might ask my headmaster if we could do this but at the start i'd prob be labled 'uncool'
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Contribution. J9VuKBZ

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Fucking awesome Jacko! I have gotten like 10-15 kids into fingerboarding on the school i work at.. I even heard that some of the girls has gotten Tech Decks for christmas and stuff.. I mean, how many 9 year old girls wants to fingerboard?

Anyway, just keep spreading the love, learn some good show of tricks like FF impossible, or mega high ollies. Thats always a good way to get attention, haha. Then when you are actually able to teach people something, show them what its really about.
Back to top Go down
Jacko.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jacko.

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Just take an opportunity.

I started by writing in my school paper, just a little article. Then I got asked by a few of my teachers to show them what Fingerboarding is. They liked it. I spoke to my Headmaster about the upcoming show, and he had my back all the way.

Just don't storm in there asking if he can spend £130 on a park etc. It won't work, just gradually take it a step at a time.

Goodluck.
Back to top Go down
Jordann <3
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordann <3

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 pm

were u not called like saddo etc?
Back to top Go down
Jacko.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jacko.

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:30 pm

I know most of the people in my school from different years, anyway. They just backed me up, just don't ride a Tech Deck in the canteen.

Haters gon' Hate.
Back to top Go down
Jordann <3
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordann <3

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:40 pm

I do it in forum class tongue
Back to top Go down
lucas
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
lucas

Companies : whut u think bubba

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 am

wow jacko this im not arguing about its AMAZING!! great idea im going to do somthing like this when the film festival comes around :3 thanks for the idea bud!! hope it works out and your school will buy a flatface park.. (that would be heaven)... so i might start a club at my school 2 lol....
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 am

on ffi, I was doing my usual stalking people's setups,

WHEN I SAW some dude request a recreational centre here in Vancouver, Canada.
His letter was convincing.

Every night I go to sleep looking forward to the day the rec centre replies to his e-mail.....
Back to top Go down
Jacko.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jacko.

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:11 am

Nice.

Good luck to him.

Aha.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:01 am

Sick idea man. It might get more people into fingerboarding but at least change people's perceptions of it. Birmingham's a big place, even if you don't know many people that fingerboard, there are bound to be some near you.
Back to top Go down
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:56 am

Most of my family lives in Birmingham, haha. Wouldn't happen to know anyone with the last name 'Merriman'?
Back to top Go down
Jacko.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jacko.

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

TomasM wrote:
Most of my family lives in Birmingham, haha. Wouldn't happen to know anyone with the last name 'Merriman'?

I live around Birmingham, not in it, but no sorry Tom. Aha.

So to get onto the story. I'll post a few pictures I taken during the show when I get time too, &a like to the story in a PDF file when I upload it.

So getting down to it. I had the audition, the judges thought it was a great idea, and I'll get kids interested in the 'sport', They thought it was an good idea, because It was something never to be thought of in my School. They liked the story I wrote about Fingerboarding, and they enjoyed how Fingerboarding started/some company's around, they were inquisitive about how the small parts were made, like the bolts etc. I took a screenshot of UniteFingerboarding, and showed the judges this morning, they loved it. A blog about Fingerboarding, and how it has grown over the years. After a while of waiting around, They loved the idea, and put me through! I was chuffed. In assembly, I had to present the sport again, took a while but I suppose people liked being out of class. It was all good in the end of the day. At 3:00pm I got called into the Head's office, he spoke to me about the idea to invest in the Flatface Park. He's going to ask the council/staff about investing in some ramps, he put me in charge of the club, and is going to put some money into an account the school hosts for me to use, to invest in setups/ramps/tuning for the kids. (Something like £250-£300) to last a few months. I have complete control as long as I keep it safe/don't spend it all at once. It went great! I'm performing the scene to other schools in the 'Finals' next week. It's something like £150 winning prize, so If I do win, I'd put it into the club. As I said I'll post some pictures/PDF if I can later today or something near that.

Thanks for all the support, It payed off.

<3
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:01 pm

WOW. thats fantastic Jacko! I'm glad your school was so supportive, my school's headmaster sucks. She never lets clubs spend money, and she is very old-school, and wouldn't like fingerboarding one bit. awkward
Back to top Go down
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 pm

HarryYeates wrote:
Wow, amazing idea Jacko!

I'd love for kids around my area to start fingerboarding. There's tons around Manchester, but hardly any around the Greater Manchester area where I'm based.

A lot of kids have found my YouTube, and I get a lot of guys around my school (mainly year 7s) with tech decks in the canteen trying to pull of tricks, Is always entertaining to watch!

It's great that you're braving up to it, and I hope it all goes well! A FlatFace park for a club? Damn, I'd move to Birmingham just for this!

I think there's one other fingerboarder in Greater Manchester. I can't remeber his name though I think its like Jacob something... Im probably wrong though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Contribution. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contribution.   Contribution. Empty

Back to top Go down

Contribution.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1