Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal"Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

"Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 am

HarryYeates wrote:
James, why aren't you allowed to do anything fun? D:
What? Didn't you realise you aren't allowed to have fun at school?
Back to top Go down
drogerija
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
drogerija

Setup : BW wide afrobi lasered
Brt's wide 2.0
tky + o-rings
Winklers green

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:15 am

i prefer to fb indors , coz im 25y old , and some ppl look me wierd when i fb in public,
only when im with a friend who fb too than we fb anywhere and we yust dont care what ppl think ...
(ure too old to be playing with toys they say ... but i say fb isnt a toy, i find it relaxing to fb , and i have fun , and also i say to them if it is a toy why are there world championships of fingerboarding... than ofc they dont belive , but i still dont care)
i love fb-ing... and i yust dont care ,
Back to top Go down
Jon P.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jon P.

Companies : TRADECRAFT

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:59 am

drogerija wrote:
i prefer to fb indors , coz im 25y old , and some ppl look me wierd when i fb in public,
only when im with a friend who fb too than we fb anywhere and we yust dont care what ppl think ...
(ure too old to be playing with toys they say ... but i say fb isnt a toy, i find it relaxing to fb , and i have fun , and also i say to them if it is a toy why are there world championships of fingerboarding... than ofc they dont belive , but i still dont care)
i love fb-ing... and i yust dont care ,
yeah man that whole thing is weird, technically it is a toy. technically a skateboard is a toy, but grown ups can play with toys too. the people who condemn those who play with toys are probably obsessed with their model cars or their guitars. it's that thing that makes them happy when they're not working. i think people need to realize that and not look down on other people for how they spend their leisure time you know?

schwag
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
schwag

Setup : Quit

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 am

I got 4 kids into fingerboarding at my school and all the time people come up to me like "How old are you?" and "You're in high school aren't you?", and then I tell them the deal and they say "Well shit, you paid how much for that?, your stupid as fuck!"..

I simply don't care anymore because it's my hobby and I have fun, if you stop just to slander me then it must have meant something to you.
Back to top Go down
mellowyellow
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
mellowyellow

Companies : guru fingerboards
Setup : DECK:GURU FB 32.5
WHEELS:G4 D'S
TRUCKS:CHINA WIDES
TAPE:CHAPE TAPE

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:16 am

i have a group of fbers

and yes i drive a prius
Back to top Go down
drogerija
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
drogerija

Setup : BW wide afrobi lasered
Brt's wide 2.0
tky + o-rings
Winklers green

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 am

Jon P. - jea definetly tons of ppl spend their time playing childlish games ... doing things that are similar to fb ing ... but thing is that fb- ing is still kinda new to the world.. thats why they find it wierd.. becouse they aren't used to it..
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 am

I'm a teacher and I cruise into my college on my skateboard all the time. Students see me and think skateboarding is cool, especially as the skate scene is so much smaller in China. I do bring a fingerboard into college all the time but I never actually sesh it because I'm busy or I don't want to make huge noises disturbing people. A couple of my colleagues know I fingerboard but I don't really like to show off or anything.

I never brought out fingerboards when I was attending college though, I was quite focused on listening in lectures or working in practicals. Those classes pretty much needed all my attention.

"I've progressed so much as a fingerboarder because I learned to stop comparing fingerboarding to skateboarding." —Gary Chin
Back to top Go down
Jordann <3
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordann <3

Companies : Fingerboarding,Gaming,MX
Setup : Woodguest,Wide Trucks,Close up metal core wheels,Fusion Tape! This is my first setup! Any good? PM!

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:53 pm

I get called gay and stuff when I fb in school but it doesnt stop me and wehn I spent like £20 on a setup they were like who that was a waste and I was like no your just poor!
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

hmm I know all those feelings here.. :\
I did it last year, some guys said it was childish. And this year, people were like DAFUQ when they saw my fingerboard.. :\
And a "friend" (sometimes is he nice, sometimes is he a bitch.. ) says it's gay and stuff..
I quitted skating for like a year (bad grades) and he ALWAYS says that I can't skate and stuff and that's why I'm fingerboarding -.-
Meh that's my story..

Click the FS overcrooks and subscribe! very happy
Please do it!

MY REFERENCES!
CLICK FOR EPICNESS:
Back to top Go down
Liam__King
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Liam__King

Companies : Skateboarding
Setup : One of those new TD Wooden Concave boards. Standard TD trucks and wheels.

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Jordann <3 wrote:
I get called gay and stuff when I fb in school but it doesnt stop me and wehn I spent like £20 on a setup they were like who that was a waste and I was like no your just poor!
You sound like a tool.
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 am

Lol. Wait till ur 30 years old and have a career,family,and such if you still fb by then. Some of the guys think its cool manly the ones around my age,but then the older guys are like why do you play with toys and shit a brick when I say ya I just dropped $140.00. On a setup and make another comment like you have a family to take care of,my answer is I do take care of my fam, and I'm a fucking engineer dick head that's y u work for me and ur 60 years old and spend the same amount on a golf club,you do ur shit ill do mine difference is I can afford it cause I made something of myself and didnt drop out of high school. There will always be haters.
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 am

Me and my friends got made fun of and than I switched schools (for separate reasons) and somehow people still figured out and kinda teased but whatever dun care

Mikkel S

Setup : "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 am

When i walk around in school with a fingerboard in my hand, people ask for autographs cool

Must be the beard..

All the haters wanna be me
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am

I never got made fun of honestly. I even started people bringing in Tech decks and they started trading them in class :shock:

But yeah I usually try to hide it on my facebook tongue. But some people think it's cool.

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Everybody thinks its super gay in my grade.

kerryDETH wrote:
If you don't like what you do enough to wear a tshirt you brought about it in public I don't see why you'd wear it at all? Fuck the haters. Live life how you want to happy

My mother told me that the key to life is happiness. My teachers at school asked me what I wanted to be when I was older, i said happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment. I told them they didnt understand life. - John Lennon

Cartledge: Just because every other 'scene' has let China stuff into their market, doesn't mean that we shouldn't have the pride to stamp it out of ours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"   "Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Dont look at me! I'm.... Fingerboarding?"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2