Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalClose Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TobiasSchneider
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Companies : FB (obviously), scootering, skateboarding, violin

Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review Empty
PostSubject: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:16 pm

So the other day I got my Close Up G3 in the mail from Mike, and I was really excited to open it. He put in loads of extra stickers. and the Close Up, and the newly packaged rip. I looked at the Close Up, the trucks were nice, the wheels looked good, but the deck looked horrible. The shape is good, and the pop is decent, but the holes seemed to be drilled by a drunk guy. No countersinks, and they didn't align them at all, so now I kept the wheels and trucks, but I have the deck just sitting around. I can't sell it, no one will buy except maybe collectors, I can't even use it. I would rather use my Fingerdecks D3. I am extremely disappointed, and was expecting nicer quality, and then it hit me: you get what you pay for. And by the way, the wheels are grippy. Too grippy, I can't do bluntslides, or nosebluntslides, and I would rather use TD wheels. The bushings are crap also. So basically, I paid $28 for average trucks that aren't better than TD, but they have the cool closeup hand on it.

Sorry for being so hard, but I have to put my opinion out there.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:38 pm

im sorry to here you dont like it 😢

when i first got mine the holes were the same on mine. i could only get 3 screws in each truck.
i thought the wheelbase was too short too.
i loved the wheels though, they were a big step up from techdeck wheels, they just need some getting used 2, like most things. also if you put a bit of oil in them the spin really good. also the trucks are ok too maybe swap your tech deck hangers, and closeup baseplates about?

after i got my closeup i soon realised there was better out their.... but where else can you get a complete wooden fingerboard of that quality for that money?.....

also ive come across the loads of extra stickers guilt trip.

i could moan about paying 50 euro for a set of trucks, or over 100 euro for a setup, but somehow its justifiable?
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Closeups are hit and miss, My g2 had off holes so i had to leave nuts out.

My g3 deck i got at the ukr was fine though.

Have you tried emailing mike about it?
You might be ablue to get a refund.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Lol I was gonna get one. Do the trucks actually mount I'd buy it if they did lol I really wanna try a closeup
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:18 pm

if your lucky youll get all the screws in all the truck holes, if not only 3 in each truck...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:32 pm

ok ill buy the deck n stuff or i can trade
Back to top Go down
TobiasSchneider
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Companies : FB (obviously), scootering, skateboarding, violin

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:42 am

I put some WD-40 in my wheels, and they roll like bearing wheels. very happy I have the deck sitting around still, and put the trucks on my Toxic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:01 am

Jctankk wrote:
I put some WD-40 in my wheels, and they roll like bearing wheels. very happy I have the deck sitting around still, and put the trucks on my Toxic.

Ill trade or buy the deck
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:51 pm

if you get a product thats defective, like you have, email mike and you'll almost deff get a refund.. I've only had one closeup, but the truck holes were perfect on it : o So, I dunno.. happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review   Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review Empty

Back to top Go down

Close Up G3 (Flatface Edition) written review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1