Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalIs there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:09 pm

judging by the pictures it looks like it was one of ellias's drunken days shaping decks at the bw fun factory.

the decks do get 0.5/1mm thinner at the tail end, but it does look a 'rushed' deck.

i agree you should contact them if you are not happy. i mean they are expensive. id expect a decent consistent deck for the money.

its becoming a regular thing this.....

however bw are great and when made with care like they should be, they are great.

you need to measure it with a digital caliper to be sure on the size also.

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Or you can send it back get your money and wait and buy a proper deck (blosom) very happy
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:08 am

Blackriver is usually really friendly when it comes to customer service. They sent my buddy a free BRT hanger and baseplate happy Just email them, explain your situation, and I'm almost certain they will understand. Especially with Ross(blosom) backing you up. They'd be retarded to ignore his opinion.

Ryan wrote:
"We're havin a little liability issue with the glow sticks....y'all are throwin them and y'all are peggin little kids.."

Click for more
Spoiler:

Danny H wrote:
Gunner's eyebrows are genuinely threatening.

Refs: http://www.fingerboardhq.net/t18128-references-for-gunnerboser#279427
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 am

im not backing no one up. im just giving my opinion....like i said........................ 'judging from the pics'.....

and please dont email brr quoting my name.

your problem not mine. keep my name out of it lol.

Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:27 am

This message was brought to you by Blosom Fingerboards.

"I've progressed so much as a fingerboarder because I learned to stop comparing fingerboarding to skateboarding." —Gary Chin
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 am

i can see the message now.... :roll: :shock: :lol:

FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 am

Lol... you're good man, I appreciate your input.

I've been fingerboarding for years, and have tried many decks, and this is the only deck I've ever gotten that I really hated. It just doesn't feel right to me, it has the same feel as a Tech Deck in all honesty. It's really impossible to get the real shape of it on camera, but it's like the deck gets way thinner as it goes down towards the tail, and the wheels stick out from the sides. I know that there is supposed to be some difference, but the deck is thinner even before it gets to the truck screws... like it seems like it got shaped a mm or two too thin towards the bottom of the deck. It didn't show up on the pic from the top, but when you're riding the board, it feels like it's super thin.

It just made me pissed off to make a 50 dollar investment on a fingerboard deck and getting a product that I hate. I have obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar disorder and get really upset about random things that don't matter, like I stay up at night thinking about how much money I wasted, or how I want to give up fingerboarding because my set-up isn't perfect like the way I wanted it to be.

Thanks for all of the advice though guys.
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

Companies : Snowboarding, Skating
Setup : Emanant
NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:40 am

It looks fine -_-

MaxL
Quote :
How about if you don't have something nice to say; shut the fuck up?

Nedim V
Quote :
watch out for sketch... it's coming for you...
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:43 am

maybe its just me, but i see absolutely nothing wrong with the deck, though i am not a frequent berlinwooder

https://soundcloud.com/skeepsworld
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:43 am

maybe its your wheels that are the problem.

if you had thinner wheels like winklers they wouldn't stick out like that.

bwnm 09 like yours they start to get thinner from the center of the deck going down to the tail. i believe the its .05mm on each side of the deck.....

still im pretty sure they are template cut, so if anything is drastically wrong its the hand finishing afterwards.

didnt you say the holes were off too?

Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 am

I just saw the pics..

you have a 29mm deck, but as its a berlinwood they get thinner to 28mm at the tail end. The trucks you have are 29.5mms, and I don't know what wheels you have but they're not the thinnest wheels out there, so they stick it out to 30mm. I think its just because of the difference that the thin bit feels soo thin, I used a 29mm the other week, its weird how it seems soo much thinner when it actually isn't. Cant complain at an optical illusion though.

Like, I totally sympathise with your situation but thats a totally normal berlinwood. 30mm > 29-28mm, so things will stick out a bit. If you want trucks that perfectly fit a berlinwood, get brr trucks and put brr ed wheels on.

for now, all I can suggest is get some slim wheels or just buy a wider deck happy

My Youtube

UK Fingerboarding - Worldwide.
Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 8aabc2d0f2547e56de8d729fa8c335de
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm

I set up my berlinwood today and It feels weirdd not sure i can use them ever again to skinny.

Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 Element-468x60

Click this.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fingerboardhq
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:42 pm

It looks fine to me,however in all my yrs fingerboarding now I have still not bought a bw, just cant pay 45+ for just a deck,when you can get a Maze,pure,temple,blosom,ect all of these companies are great deck makers and alot cheaper in price but not quality and do just as well with some brr trucks and wheels,plus you can often get them made to your specs,you cant beat that shit.If I were you I would put it on ebay get what I could for it and buy one from temple or pure then u can decide what you want in size LxW and prolly get some extra shit as well afterwards.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:45 pm

^

i play finger skateboards everyday i like photography n doing video art drawing piano singing photoshop graphic design and hitting on btchs at school its my senior year this year so wish me goodluck i love swag and if you're actually readin' dis till the end u are GAY!!!!! i love techdecks. don't hurt me. sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I always thought berlinwoods were CNC cut though?
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?   Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there something wrong with my Berlin Wood?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2