Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 Empty
PostSubject: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:29 pm

I honestly am not sure i am doing this in the right area. If its wrong, please scold me some other time and move this to where it belongs, please. afro

So right. School is starting for everyone, or, has started for most people.. which means this is likely the worse time to do a meet. BUT OH WELL. Lets try it. There is a center near my house with a gym type area. I am fairly sure, 80% sure, that i can reserve it for like a Saturday. Could probably do a collection bit to get a couple of pizzas and soda, etc etc on that. Here is the thing;

Ramps.

Bring them, kay? Everyone knows i have no ramps. But, if i can provide the building.. im sure the folk who show up can bring some ramps.. !

I dont imagine it being super big however maybe once we all establish a meet like this a few times.. it'll get better. So for now, who would be interested in this? Before i set any date, i need to know who'd want to go.

Ah. I should also say that this building, where i live in general, is about 20 mins from NYC(with no traffic). Anyone from NYC or the surrounding cities are totally welcome.

Last edited by Deshawn Harris on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew M
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Andrew M

Setup :
Temple 32mm
Nocomply Roll 9s
Longboard trucks
ff team bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:33 pm

I might be interested in going. What part of nj will it be held in? Central, south?
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Actually, its north Jersey. Near Newark International Airport, no less.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 pm

if you can give me specifics, i might be down. it all depends on the date. if you can do it sometime late september, early october, that'd be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Its hard to set up a date when no one has said "im down." If i were to set up a date, reserved the gym... and no one comes. Le forever alone.

NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 Untitled-1

I could set it for that time though.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Updated information.

First, i wanted to keep from doing this at anyone's house as parents would not be overly cool for their lil childrens going to some stranger's house. Whats more, centers are bigger and houses more.

That said, the place this event/meet up will be is;

Stephen Sampson Senior Citizen Center
Date; Late September-Early October.

There is a train-station near by and if anyone were to use said station, i can pick you up personally.

There are eating places all around that area. As well as parking.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 am

cool. ill see what i can do and ill let you know if i can come.
Back to top Go down
Andrew M
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Andrew M

Setup :
Temple 32mm
Nocomply Roll 9s
Longboard trucks
ff team bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:56 am

Count me and my friend in. I can bring a few blackriver ramps.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:25 am

4 people. Hm.. maybe.. 8 if i remember from the other forum. This is good guys. Awesome news. Alright, lets see if a date can be put together.

A saturday.

We have, Sept 22, 29. Oct 6th and 13th.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 pm

october 6th sounds good. my mom said just wait until i get back to school and then ill see if anything is planned for that day, but so far, im good.
Back to top Go down
Andrew M
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Andrew M

Setup :
Temple 32mm
Nocomply Roll 9s
Longboard trucks
ff team bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Anyday works for me. I have an entire granite park i could bring, along with a few black river ramps. Also you should try to get a few sponsors for the event so we could have contests, and giveaways. Also i could come early to help with set up if you want.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:32 am

This is turning awesome. So, then its set. October 6th.

@Andrew; I'll work on getting some sponsors for this. Since it seems relatively small, im sure a few items could be spared, prolly. I hope.

There is now a date for this.

October 6th!

Also, there will be BRR ramps and a granite park on site, thanks to Andrew M.

Now that we have that, lets talk about a few sponsors. Since the number of people will be relatively low i think one or two sponsors would be enough. On top of that, two items from said sponsors would work for the contest(s) that will be done. Of course, if said sponsors are kind.. they can offer what they wish. Hit me up on PM if you'd like to sponsor this event.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:16 pm

yo in think i might be able to bring a guy i met from gary chins meetup. ill tell him. sounds like a legit meetup now. definantly looking forward to this.

EDIT:

are you able to change the date to october 5th? sorry, but im going camping and im leaving friday night so....... if you could just tweak the date a leetle, that would work out for me but if you cant its fine.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 pm

The building is being used during the week. The only time i could think to get this place is on the weekends. Saturday's especially.

Also. From the looks of things from FFI, there are about 8 people going. Names included is Conrad from Radramps, Tim Hurley, and of course.. myself.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 am

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

i was really looking forward to this event!

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:05 am

sad
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:20 am

ikr? and i cant go to the ff store session on september 23rd cuz its too far away so im kind of fucked here.... whatever. im sure the event will be great.
Back to top Go down
Andrew M
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Andrew M

Setup :
Temple 32mm
Nocomply Roll 9s
Longboard trucks
ff team bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:20 pm

cant make it. sorry, something came up/
Back to top Go down
BottleCap
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BottleCap

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Is this still going down? I can go with a few lads
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Yup! Still going down. Confirmed Sponsors;

Temple
Pure

bounce
Back to top Go down
BottleCap
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BottleCap

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Sick, how many people are attending so far?
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:55 am

Closing in on 20 people i think.
Back to top Go down
BottleCap
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BottleCap

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 am

I will just need directions and i shall be there!(:
Back to top Go down
Fritz123sk8er
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Fritz123sk8er

Companies : Skateboarding. Making Videos
Setup : Groovyfb Wide, Gold Afx Trucks, FLatface G7.1 D, normal black biushings, riptape slim and catchy

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 pm

im down whats the adress though thenn ill know
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/fritz123sk8er
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Hey guys. Can i get a number of how many people will be going? How many people will be bringing friends? I know some people said "i can bring some dudes"... cool.. let me know how many. Need to tell the building how many, etc etc. Just numbers, no need for names.

ON THE DAY of the event, i will have a sign in sheet for everyone to sign in. Just to make sure everyone is accounted for when they leave. Will also have something to make sure everyone arrives with their items.. and leaves with the items they arrived with. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3   NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

NJ/NY Meet; Prize pic page 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next