Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhere are the ramps? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where are the ramps?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

Where are the ramps? Empty
PostSubject: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Hey everyone

I've just been on Jay W's double rail thread and it made me wonder...where are the ramp companies? ok, so i spend 90% of my fingerboarding time err...fingerboarding, 5% working on oblivion skate, perhaps 3% making ramps and 2% on FBHQ, so yeah i'm not really too in the scene...but considering the amount of variety in decks and deck companies, why is ramp making reserved for blackriver?

Here's my first theory: Because blackriver is undoubtably the most professional fb company out there (germans for ya) they produce the...most professional ramps. They have MONEY. If somebody with the skills, say Jay G or myself even decide to market a product, it just won't be as good. Possibly more expensive too, because they are not made in large batches with state of the art tools. Thus, nobody buys them, killing the whole idea.

Second theory: Everyone is too skint (after buying 20 decks?) to afford professional ramps and either knocks a piece of wood and some metal they found in their local DIY store together or just skate books...hey, each to their own

Either way, i'm just wondering if i'm missing something. I would love to get some blackriver (yeah, i don't have any blackriver...:0) but i just feel none of their designs are quite what i want, or too expensive, or too far in the depths of germany or whatever and think "why don't i buy something else?". And this is my question...is there anything else, other than blackriver as far as ramps (jaja, we got plenty of rails) go?

Sorry to anyone who actually read that rant...crazzzzy
Back to top Go down
skullfingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
skullfingerboards

Companies : Skull Fingerboards Ltd

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm

i believe fingerdecks sells the same type as blackriver. www.fingerdecks.com

they are quite abit cheaper however slightly less quality is put into them.

here are some pictures

polebank

logo
Back to top Go down
http://skullfingerboards.com
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Fingerdecks sucks
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 pm

callumfb95 wrote:
Fingerdecks sucks
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Skull sucks harder!... and its a lot harder to make ramps than it is to make decks well thats not true just takes alot more materials... this is why you don't see that many
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:37 am

i dont think its a lot harder to make ramps than it is to make decks BUT with decks you can jump into it quickly and be making decks, probably not good ones, but still decks. ramps you need to take your time just to get the thing to stand up right or the pieces to even stick together. i think people are so quick to jump into a deck company as soon as they start and thats why there are so many more deck companies.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:44 am

Aphlikshun (AFX) do a fair few ramps.

There's also Tech Deck with mostly plastic but cheap ramps and a couple of wooden ones too.

Mitt from Poland do a great range of obstacles.

These are just the main ones that come to mind. There are quite a few others but I've no time to search them right now.
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:11 am

Wait for Skull ramps, I'm so pumped
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

Setup : 29mm

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:28 am

check out aphlikshun
Back to top Go down
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 am

Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 am

Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 pm

thanks for the replys everyone very happy yeah *doh* i knew about aphlikshun and fingerdecks...i agree about fingerdecks though i'm not sure they're the same quality :'(

sb definitly don't look the same quality either. I don't have the time now but i'll look through the others. I still find it funny about the deck co's though...i have had one deck...ever tongue it works...? haha maybe i'm missing something. Anyway it appears there are more ramp co's than i thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are the ramps?   Where are the ramps? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where are the ramps?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1