Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalReligion.         - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Religion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Religion.         - Page 4 J9VuKBZ

Religion.         - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm

cartledge wrote:
cartledge wrote:
sure they're your opinions but people are trying to educate you.

How did dinosaurs die out but mankind and the other animals we have today did not?

Do you not read all this logic and think "hmmm shit, i believe some pretty crazy shit!"

Your beliefs really confuse me. Also there's such a thing called 'carbon dating' It's total proof that man and dinosaurs lived millions of years apart... do you just try to ignore all that stuff or what?

You forgot to address that bit. But please go on about how the flood killed ALL the dinosaurs (none of which were mentioned in the bible) and none of the other animals. There's also close to a billion species of animal, insect, mollusc etc. God told Noah to round up 2 of each, he didn't just put them on a plate for him. Just think about that... A boat large enough to sustain close to 2 Billion creatures. Made by one man.

So Simon. You believe everything that's proven with science. Matt believes everything that's proven with christianity.

Why are you more right than him?

All the haters wanna be me
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 pm

What's proven by Christianity?

I almost didn't bother dignifying that with a response... Thought you had a little more sense than that Mikkel.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Creation of earth is proven by christianity.

The bible is proof enough for christians.

Just like your science book is proof enough for you.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Ummm no, I believe in the best possible theory submitted by the most logical thinkers of this age. I in no way believe that the big bang theory is a 'fact'... the clue is in the title... it's a theory.

But I do believe that evolution is fact and that directly contradicts and disproves the bibles 'creation' theory.

I also think that in 100 years we'll know an awful lot more than we do now, but it will be built on todays solid foundations of what we propose to know so far, rather than the foundations of a book which says a magic man in the sky built everything in 7 earth days.

I invite you to debate me further...
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:25 pm

" Also there's such a thing called 'carbon dating' It's total proof that man and dinosaurs lived millions of years apart..."

Explain how that is a proof more than the bible is a proof of god.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:52 pm

You want me to explain carbon dating to you?

In a sentence (and if you're generally interested do your own in depth research), The deeper something is below the (layered) surface of the earth, the longer it has been there. We can carbon date back to around 50,000 years ago.

Creationists believe God created the earth and everything else 6000 years ago. (Around the time the ancient Egyptians were knocking around)

One of the more aged Dinosaur finds (Sue the T-Rex) Was dated at around 67-68 million years ago. This was measured by radiometric dating. (Once again, If you're genuinely interested, then you can do your own research into it, I'd probably over simplfy)

Do you have a sound understanding of science Mikkel, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:10 pm

cartledge wrote:
You want me to explain carbon dating to you?

In a sentence (and if you're generally interested do your own in depth research), The deeper something is below the (layered) surface of the earth, the longer it has been there. We can carbon date back to around 50,000 years ago.

How do you know that this is true? The scientists could easily have overlooked something that would disprove the whole method. I'm not saying they have, i'm saying it's plausible.

Creationists believe God created the earth and everything else 6000 years ago. (Around the time the ancient Egyptians were knocking around)

What if those years consists of far more days than 365?

One of the more aged Dinosaur finds (Sue the T-Rex) Was dated at around 67-68 million years ago. This was measured by radiometric dating. (Once again, If you're genuinely interested, then you can do your own research into it, I'd probably over simplfy)

Do you have a sound understanding of science Mikkel, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

My point, Simon, is that your way of arguing is no better than a christian extremist's. You can't accept when people does not believe what you believe. Or maybe you can, but then they are stupid and brainwashed. What if you are the one that has been brainwashed into believing science?

answers in bold

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 pm

What if those years consist of more than 365 days? (Did you really just propse that as a genuine answer?)

I think this is the point where I'm not going to lower myself to your idiocy.

Maybe I am a bigot and maybe I have been brainwashed...

But I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing like you seem to be. I really hope your understanding of the world isn't at the grade 5 level that it appears to be and you're just being obtuse.

Well done for sticking up for Matt though, Heck, he needed SOMEONE on his side.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:47 pm

That is exactly what i mean^

You are acting like you are better than everyone else?
What is your problem?

There exists plenty of theories that says that years have been of different lengths in the different cultures calendars. So if you ask me, that was a pretty valid question.

I am not arguing for the sake of arguing. I am arguing because i am against the way you tell everyone that thinks different than you that they are stupid.

I find you pathetic.

Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Okay, I have to chime in here.
I was okay when this was people discussing and debating religion. There are HUGE flaws with it, mainly all the problems in the world it's caused and continues to cause. BUT.. if a member here wants to be religious why the fuck cant they? As long as they're not campaigning that gays are devilspawn and people who have abortions should burn, then I'm okay with them being religious. It harms no one, and as I said previously, TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Mikkel is not stupid, mikkel is purposely finding answers that contradict yours to make the point that you, simon, are being a dick. I very much respect you as a person simon, but you HAVE to accept that if people want to think differently than you that's okay and you cant be how you are to them. I agree with all the scientific evidence that shuts down all the ideas of religion and creationism, but that's MY thoughts. MY beliefs. And I came to them by looking at things MY way. If others choose to go with god, but in doing so aren't doing any harm to others or forcing others to think their way, then fucking let them be. TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Heed this, I don't want to hear any shit back.

EDIT:
I suppose I should say I don't really get why the religious people are chiming in trying to defend religion because I don't see what they'll achieve, but we can all be a lot nicer here whilst having a factual debate.

My Youtube

UK Fingerboarding - Worldwide.
Religion.         - Page 4 8aabc2d0f2547e56de8d729fa8c335de
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm

O.K Mikkel.

religion causes pain and suffering throughout the world. I hope it has no detremental effect on anyone you know or love.

You might find me 'pathetic' but that's your opinion. I actualy find you pathetic too, I hadn't been on this forum for a long time because it's full of kids and then there's you, on more than anyone else all day everyday. get a fucking life.

I'm off now, you can have the last word if you want! I'm sure all the children here will hold you in an even higher regard when you actually make me look stupid. You haven't yet, though.

Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:22 pm

cartledge wrote:
O.K Mikkel.

religion causes pain and suffering throughout the world. I hope it has no detremental effect on anyone you know or love.

I agree, with a lot of your points Simon, but i do not agree with the way you act better than everyone else.

You might find me 'pathetic' but that's your opinion. I actualy find you pathetic too, I hadn't been on this forum for a long time because it's full of kids and then there's you, on more than anyone else all day everyday. get a fucking life.

You really want to go as low as a personal attack? You have nothing to base this statement on! How would you know how i spend my days?
Yes i am unemployed. Not by choice, but because i am between education and there are no jobs around here for 18+. I spend my time with my hobbies, music and fingerboarding. Doing what i love. I have the perfect life. Who are you to judge?

I'm off now, you can have the last word if you want! I'm sure all the children here will hold you in an even higher regard when you actually make me look stupid. You haven't yet, though.

You forget Simon, that i am not like you. I have no wish to make you look stupid, if i had i would have already. If you really are as narrowminded as you seem from your posts you will end up without friends some day.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:26 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:45 pm

^enjoy your temporary ban for being far too intollerant and even lowering yourself to personal attacks for no reason what so ever.

My Youtube

Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Noel wrote:
id rather believe in something than nothing.

Yes, but that doesn't make it true, i would like to respect the truth and prepare for what really will happen. However, i respect your right to believe what you want.

Matt Matysek wrote:
Being homosexual is a choice.

Homosexuality is not a choice. If it was, people would be chopping and changing sexuality for fun, to "have a go". Homosexuals don't choose to be gay, they are oriented to prefere the same sex, there is no element of choice whatsoever and it's not good that you think there is.

Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 am

kerryDETH wrote:
I suppose I should say I don't really get why the religious people are chiming in trying to defend religion because I don't see what they'll achieve, but we can all be a lot nicer here whilst having a factual debate.

I didn't want to start this whole thing, I just felt that I should be allowed to defend my opinion as they were attacking me with theirs. They asked for answers and I gave them my personal opinions.

kerryDETH wrote:
I'm honestly a little bit taken back by this, especially because you've always seemed really friendly.
I'm really saddened by this. I thought of you as a really good friend and I thought I had established a good relationship with you, but as soon as this comes up, I become and unfriendly guy. I really hope you're not going to hate me after this awkward

Billy Mackean wrote:
Matt Matysek wrote:

Homosexuality is not a choice. If it was, people would be chopping and changing sexuality for fun, to "have a go". Homosexuals don't choose to be gay, they are oriented to prefere the same sex, there is no element of choice whatsoever and it's not good that you think there is.

You could be right. I honestly don't know a lot about how being homosexual goes. You could be right in that it is not a choice, but if it is not, it is because of the corruption of the world. God did not make them in that way.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 am

I have to disagree with you on someones sexual preferance being a choice Matt. I feel that being gay or lesbian is just as much up to someone as much as it was up to you to pick the color of your hair.

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:20 am

I like to follow the same as what Kerry follows, not because I'm a fanboy, but because I've been following the same thing before I even joined here. "To each their own". If you want to be Christian and follow the righteous path of God, so be it. If you want to meet up with a bunch of dudes and have a Gay orgy, so be it. I'm not Gay, nor do I have a problem with Gay people, but if they try to touch me er summat, someone will die.

MY REFERENCES!
Insta!
YouTube!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am

Matt Matysek wrote:
kerryDETH wrote:

I didn't want to start this whole thing, I just felt that I should be allowed to defend my opinion as they were attacking me with theirs. They asked for answers and I gave them my personal opinions.

kerryDETH wrote:
I'm honestly a little bit taken back by this, especially because you've always seemed really friendly.
I'm really saddened by this. I thought of you as a really good friend and I thought I had established a good relationship with you, but as soon as this comes up, I become and unfriendly guy. I really hope you're not going to hate me after this awkward

Billy Mackean wrote:
Matt Matysek wrote:

You could be right. I honestly don't know a lot about how being homosexual goes. You could be right in that it is not a choice, but if it is not, it is because of the corruption of the world. God did not make them in that way.

I still consider you a friend man, I was just really taken back. And that you think being gay is a choice?

Example - if I wanted to stop liking titties and start enjoying being gay, that's just not gonna happen. Couldn't do it. Why? because I'm straight. Just like I'm sure gay men couldn't be like 'mmmm womenparts'.

I guess I understand you come from an extremely religious family and it must be hard as shit for you to get over something you've literally been brought up with and are forced in every day. As long as gay people being 'wrong' or 'sinners' doesn't mean you'll personally condemn them for anything I guess that's the far end of 'to each their own' - we can both think what we want happy

EDIT-I apologise if my previous language used was offensive. I was trying to lighten the mood, probably not with the best methodology. My bad.

My Youtube

Last edited by kerryDETH on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:00 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
I still consider you a friend man, I was just really taken back. And that you think being gay is a choice?

Example - if I wanted to stop liking titties and start enjoying dick munching, that's just not gonna happen. Couldn't do it. Why? because I'm straight. Just like I'm sure gay men couldn't be like 'mmmmm VAGINA ISH DA BEST'.

I guess I understand you come from an extremely religious family and it must be hard as shit for you to get over something you've literally been brought up with and are forced in every day. As long as gay people being 'wrong' or 'sinners' doesn't mean you'll personally condemn them for anything I guess that's the far end of 'to each their own' - we can both think what we want happy

Okay good. I didn't want this whole thing to be like that happy

And I see your point. Like I said, I'm not an expert by any means on any of this.

And you could be right. Lately I've been trying to come up with some of my own beliefs, as opposed to following that of my parent's that was stuffed down my throat every day.
But yeah, like I said earlier, I don't want to go around threatening anyone with hell and condemning them, or even just judging them. I have no right to do that.

Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Just letting you know Matt, I wasn't in any way trying to force my beliefs on you shocked As I said at the beginning, I respect that people can believe whatever they want to! Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to force stuff on you!
That was basically my way of showing my beliefs, as I said at the beginning I don't believe the stuff because science and logic makes more sense to me.
Sorry if I upset you man happy
Back to top Go down
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:47 pm

Its alright mate. It was mainly just Simon, trying to disprove everything I said.

You're alright. Its okay happy

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm

To 'disprove' what you said, first you need to try and prove anything you've said.

I was banned for having strong anti religious beliefs. Well this is a debate on religion isn't it? It's one of the most controversial subejcts that any of us could talk about.. you should have expected a couple of the older members to have very strong views on it.

Of course i know im not impervious to bans (only you are)... which is a real shame. You think it's acceptable to call being gay 'dick munching'? You think the way someone has sex solely defines there sexuality? Sickening.

Do you really wonder why all the older members who were once active on here have left? I'd hate to have to spell it out to you. Egocentric doesn't even come close... i've never met anyone like it in my life.

Now delete my fucking account and let's call it a day.

DELETE MY ACCOUNT. Don't 'ban' it... Delete it.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 pm

^I guess half of that is directed at me. I was using those terms to try and lighten the mood in this thread whilst still making a point, however I do agree I was in hindsight wrong to have said that. Sorry to anyone who took that to offence.

Either way you've always criticised everything I do, and being that you're barely around, we've only met once, it's pretty tiring to have you just pop up when you believe I've done something wrong. I try my best every day to do good things for fingerboardng and I refuse to let people like you tarnish me as some kind of heinous sinner for as far as I can see, nothing. I'm not suggesting I accomplish giant things, but I don't see what I'm doing what's wrong - or anything that'd cause all this negativity a few people have towards me. I'd say 'if you don't like it, don't come here' - but you posted that you wanted your account deleted so I guess that speaks for itself. Ask and you shall receive, I'll go do that in a second.

I'll honestly miss the nice side of you, plus you're a pretty good fingerboarder to say the least. Bye.

My Youtube

Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:08 pm

wow this is sad. I actually liked simon aside from the asshole part of him sad

https://soundcloud.com/skeepsworld
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion.    Religion.         - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next