Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBRR new street bench...  - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRR new street bench...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 pm

This isn't the first time a company has copied something so I don't see why were arguing over the thing.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 pm

A plaza is different? Are there no plazas around ?

@Xavier; Because the argument is so very lax when another company does the same to a "bigger" company. On the related thread on another forum, BRR said they condemn people for copying their items. Umm.. for realz? shocked
Back to top Go down
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 pm

shocked
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:06 am

People need to calm their Tits. It's a bench, if you want KL, get KL...if you want BRR get BRR. Lawl.
Back to top Go down
lurkskywalker
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
lurkskywalker

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:16 am

Its just too identical for comfort. But i agree if you want a kl get a kl.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:25 am

Deshawn Harris wrote:
I call bullshit on anyone saying "Its just a bench". If i came out with a ramp company with anything even close to looking like BRR, i'd get bashed to hell.

Its more than "just a bench". No one seems to get it because its BRR. BRR hasnt really done anything ground-breaking since the trucks. Since then, its been using items from other companies. It goes beyond it being just a bench or just a rail. That bench was KLwood's big release. Now BRR has it and suddenly "OMG THATS SO SICK!" "IMA GET IT NOW!" Why not get it when KLwood came out with it? So now BRR will steal customers because its bigger than KLwood.

hmm

Does it mean BRR cant make benches? No. It means that for fuck sakes... the bandwagon is worse than Twilight at this point. Nothing is sacred. I know one thing. If TD came out with this bench people would be in arms wanting to burn the building and everything around it down.

Exactly what Deshawn said. KL was the only company who was smart enough to make it first. I don't care if it's just a bench, the whole design of it is the same.

At this point I don't care if it's just a bench. They took a great idea from someone else, and turned it around to make money from it.

Hmmm, I like NC M2 shape... Maybe I'll just make a mold based off of it and sell it at the same price, maybe more though... You guys okay with that?

Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:35 am

Actually, a company called Lunarbomb made the bench, but a apparently they went under. I think Lunarbomb was more known as a deck company. I think.

But yeah..
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 am

What about Brian's benches he made? Either way it all comes down to who you want to support more.
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:35 am

Deshawn Harris wrote:
Actually, a company called Lunarbomb made the bench, but a apparently they went under. I think Lunarbomb was more known as a deck company. I think.

But yeah..

i remember that they used to make awesome splits and completes too.
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:32 am

Guys.Brian made his benches before Klwood. Why isn't anyone mentioning him???
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:16 pm

^sorted. But yeah, there does seem to be an air of hypocracy in the air wink
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:06 pm

There's no hypocracy, it simply raises the point here. When a big name company does something a smaller company has been doing, the bigger company gets all the shine and the smaller company eventually dies out.

Its not so easy to simply support the company you love. Overall, all gravitate to BRR/BW. Fine 5 people who do not care about BRR/BW and you'll find 100 others who swear by them. hmm
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:09 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
What about Brian's benches he made? Either way it all comes down to who you want to support more.

I made mine after KL wood, but mine are made different so they weren't copies of KLwood. I do different colors and the benches are also thinner one piece of wood. If we want to get into terms of who made what first, i'm pretty sure David (sittingduck442) made one first lol
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Yea David S was absolutely first with this if you are wondering. The KL wood benches are nicest in my opinion very happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:48 pm

lets all fight over a little bench.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:57 pm

That's what we are doing.
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:05 pm

sarcasm*

what i'm saying is that i agree what brr did was a shitty move, but still i mean arguing over the thing isn't going to change anything.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 am

Many the the biggest changes in the world were done so over arguments. You argue over things youre passionate about so that the thing youre passionate about stays awesome. Threads like this NEED to be done so people can learn about every aspect of a company. Especially the ones held in such a holy light and said to do no wrong.
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 am

Deshawn Harris wrote:
There's no hypocracy

I was referring to the fact that BRR condemn people who copy them and yet copy KL wood wink

and also ok it's an important topic to us all, but we need to keep it in perspective. Will BRR copying KL wood affect our lives negatively? NO. Perhaps some guy buys one and likes it. Positive. So really, Xavier's post sums this topic up. cheers

Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 pm

well i, for one, kind of want one. its pretty small, so its nice and easy to use in combos. i dont know, sure "its a ripoff of kl wood" but its still a nice bench
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:28 pm

How'd you pick the one thing out so broad form my post and none of the other items? shocked

The spectrum is a little wider than that.

You have a company who is praised for doing much for the community. Yet as of late, the company hasnt done for product, and has some questionable "inspirational" products in their list. A company by fingerboarders, which is normally the big selling point. A company like this would do the opposite, right? Listen to the community, fix things the community doesnt like. There isnt much of that.

Who buys is actually more important since fingerboarders are impressionable. Put those benches in a certain few people's videos, mention BRR's brand and instant sales. Which isnt bad for BRR. But what about the other one?

A lot of companies have gone down trying to compete with BRR and BW. People tell said companies; Step up your game. Fair enough. Said company does this, then BRR pops out with a very similar product. Step up your game loses stride when the biggest company can come in and snatch stuff. It becomes irrelevant when no one seems to care when this happens.

It makes it hard for any company not BRR/BW or associated with brr/bw to do anything to contribute when at the end of the day, the normal senses is this; Its not BRR.

Case in point; the dream setup thread. Seemed like only 1 person said they wanted a truck that werent BRTs. Theres a growing number of truck companies out right now. Of them all, with their unique shapes and colors, BRTs all the way.
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Quote :
Who buys is actually more important since fingerboarders are impressionable. Put those benches in a certain few people's videos, mention BRR's brand and instant sales. Which isnt bad for BRR. But what about the other one?

A Durh! its called a business... Its not a business when you don't make a brand that people want its called a failure. With any business selling products its the brand itself that sells not the product....

If there's no product demand there aint no product!

I guarantee you walk around in branded clothes...

Personally i couldn't give to flying feks if they copied that bench or not... Because at end of the day.. there's makes the Kl-wood bench look like shit! XD and that's why ive ordered one!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Actually, no i dont. Because most branded clothing is made by people i generally dislike. So, you are beyond a shadow of a doubt; wrong. Nice try though. It would have worked for one of the trendy "wear this cause this person does" kid, but, not me. No

See, if it were business, KL would be in the right.. if their papers and legal matters were in a working factor, to sue. It being "business" is so laughable because so many people in fingerboarding HATES big business. Big businesses use shady tactics, all to make a buck, while the other companies, like KL, do what they do with a little more love. At least one would hope. Either way, i'm glad you've ordered one. It reflects just what you'd do if given the chance. Good job. wink
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:16 pm

my stance on the situation, just read form your own opinion. http://www.fingerboardtv.de/2012/copy-fake/
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRR new street bench...    BRR new street bench...  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BRR new street bench...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next