Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAirflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  Empty
PostSubject: Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.    Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Hey what's up guys, it's David Smith here. I'm new to this forum. For those who don't know me, I own a company you may or may not have heard of called Airflo Rails. Based out of my garage/ basement in good ol PA where the Amish lurk hard. For the record, that doesn't mean I'm Amish. Anyway, I have a new stock of rails up (by the way, I ship worldwide) I have 2 liska rails, 6 standard rails, stickers and a wrestling rail. Some you who know my work, may or may not know I'm currently in college, which is why I'm using a big cartel and only putting small stocks up. Definitely Check out the stock now at www.airflorails.bigcartel.com. The more that is ordered, the more I'll be able to go home and make more on weekends. I also still make customs still. I can draft the drawings up here at college, and take them home and fabricate the rail there. So as always, you can email me with whatever you may have in mind.

www.airflorails.bigcartel.com

As for the tour part of this post- I'm still planning this, and I'm starting early so that everything goes smoothly in the summer. My vision of fingerboarding is not just sitting behind a desk. I want to actually live the culture and experience everything there is to experience. In another 3-5 years I could be at some 9-5 job working and working for years. I want to do this while I'm in college, because now is the time of my life before all of the real life, no fun shit takes place. I've been talking to several friends about this and everyone is pumped on it so far- No real revealing on who everyone is just yet, but my mom gave me the ok to use her van for the summer, which will work perfect. (This will hold 4 people plus a few parks, coolers, tables, etc.) Then, someone else will be hopefully driving a small car which can hold another 3 to 4 people, plus a small amount of gear. I've had quite a bit of experience with camping, so I think that will be the best way to save some money. Plus, if there is people either in the towns we're stopping in, we may be able to crash at people's houses if they're ok with it. I've been doing quite a bit of thinking about this and total between routes, the price of the whole tour should be $1000- $1600. So if 8 people go, that's like $125 to $200 per person, so this can definitely happen. As far is places go, it's going to stay on the east coast. People are always like "come to California," and that'd be cool, but that's not going to happen this summer.

As far as tour stops go, the line up was going to go as following:
Day 1- Baltimore, MD
Day 2- Airville, PA (I have a cabin there so that'd be like the one day the "crew" would be relaxing)
Day 3- Philadelphia, PA
Day 4- NYC or somewhere really close
Day 5- Somewhere in New Jersey to be announced
Day 6- Andover, MA

I'm hoping the last day could be a store session at The rendezvous location, but I have not talked to Mike about this, because this whole thing is still in early stages. I think it really would be the perfect way to end the tour, no doubt. If anyone has any ideas about this small tour as far as loacations go in the towns, I'm definitely open to suggestions. Each stop will be an event in itself. I meant to do something this last summer, but I was extremely busy preparing for college, and other things got in the way. This summer, I'll have nearly 2 more months than I did last summer, so it will definitely happen. I am still talking to all of my friends about this, but I really can't think of any trip I'd rather take this summer. I swear I think about this trip every day more than anything else. It's going to be great, but it will be better if people show up to the stops!

That is all for now, thanks for listening to me babble!

-David Smith
Airflo Rails

www.airflorails.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.    Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 pm

That's awesome Dave!
Welcome to the forum, really nice to have you here happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.    Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Stoked to have you here man happy Hopefully one day I'll get a chance to sesh one of your rails!
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.    Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.    Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks Everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
Patrick Self
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Patrick Self

Setup : Deck: Berlinwood wide low 'Martin Winkler' graphic
Trucks: TD longboard 32mm
Wheels: Winkler wheels Bblackriver ed.
Tuning: Flatface teflons
Tape: FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.    Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Yea!!! Finnaly airflo is part of FBHQ!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.    Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Airflo Rails New Stock and Summer 2013 small east coast tour.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1