Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED Empty
PostSubject: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 am

So, here's park number 3 finished. I didn't have time to put any of the black accents on, but whatever. As usual, tell me what you think! What's good, how I can improve etc. person included for reference happy
*EDIT hopefully we can get the mods to make this a sticky happy EVERYBODY POST THEIR PARKS HERE
Link -> https://imgur.com/a/qRUKi

Last edited by Oliver32.5 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:49 am

Looks good, but, make one thread for themall instead of wasting threads.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:01 am

Sure. From now on I'll post em here.
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:24 am

This looks real nice! A bit crowded but it's alot better than the last 2 happy
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:42 am

much nicer. you're improving, my friend
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks guys happy
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:57 am

Taylor where's finger shesh located?
*edit NEVERMUND it's probs in Seattle right? Maybe I can come down from Vancouver!
*edit 2 maybe I can sponsor the event by building a park for it and bringing it down

Last edited by Oliver32.5 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 am

It looks better now the granite pad might be too close to the ledge. Also don't double post.
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:01 am

It's an entirely different park... Also I know all future parks will be posted here
Back to top Go down
connar
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
connar

Setup : 1- Prete, China Wides, Flatface G6D, Rip
2- Flatface g12, TD Indy wides, G6A, FBS ES

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 am

Because your posting so many of these from now on Im simply going to criticize everything wrong, dont take this offensively i think the parks are really coming a long just trying to save time.

Stair with wall rail - virtually unusable

Kicker next to the 2 quarter pipes - almost no space to land before there is a slight drop, I would hate to use that. also its centered in the park meaning you have to reach over to use it blocking everything in between there eliminating opportunities for other people to skate those.

Granite slab - Centered in the park, making it an obstruction for anyone else using the park and difficult to use.

You need to work on your flow of the park and (PERSONALLY) I wouldnt place obstacles on the inside of the table, avoiding that makes it easier for whoever is using you park to set up lines. When you center objects it forces whoever is using them to reach over and focus on that one piece of the park, its also a bitch to do and I hate having to reach when I fingerboard. Just a few tips, you're improving but its not quite there yet IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

Looks pretty sweet just tone it down with the amount of obstacles and watch your placement!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 am

alright oliver here's the one i just made. it's 4ft x 4ft, is a plaza type, and has an olive accent color wink honestly idk how it would even turn out, most of the dimensions are like, one or two inches high here and there, so it's pretty flat, but would lose realism to go higher. anyways, i had fun making it. i've gotta figure out how to render these..
Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED 15014758
click the spoiler for more pics:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Patrick Self
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Patrick Self

Setup : Deck: Berlinwood wide low 'Martin Winkler' graphic
Trucks: TD longboard 32mm
Wheels: Winkler wheels Bblackriver ed.
Tuning: Flatface teflons
Tape: FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 am

lol taylor first try and its better than olivers.

AND oliver you want to know why its betteR? well tis becuas e of its FLOW.

but your parks are getting better.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:01 am

That looks awesome Taylor. Love the flowly lines, and that stir set looks like fun happy
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 pm

oliver i like your parks and i love that little kinked handrail going down the stairset to the side, but listen to what these guys said about flow
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 pm

holyshit.. taylor that's mindblowing. yours is nice oliver, but flow still needs to be worked on. taylor's idea is a perfect example happy
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Look's awesome gonna start building my park tomorrow happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
Natefb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Natefb

Setup : Pure 32mm
Ytrucks x4s
FF g6's

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:46 pm

I think you all put wayyyy to much in the park! REMEMBER you have to be able to make the stuff tooo ha..
ive made a park with everything too close before and it totally ruins the whole park! space the stuff out and add what you REALLY want in the park!
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Oliver that park looks awesome id love to shred it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Patrick Self wrote:
lol taylor first try and its better than olivers.
AND oliver you want to know why its betteR? well tis becuas e of its FLOW.
but your parks are getting better.

Yeah, Taylor also got it first try because he's been fingerboarding for waaaaay longer than me.
I'll work on my flow happy
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:06 pm

You both get a BIG + from me for not copying BRR parks and calling them G(insert number), its cool that you are going your own thang guyes. Keep at it and get building!! very happy
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Personally, I like Oliver's more than Taylor's. Oliver, your seems like a challenge to ride, and it's definantly filled with epic spots with endless possibilities and combos! Taylor, yours looks really clean but it just looks like a walk in the park that you'd just be running laps around... Keep up the good work both of you, and like Bakko said, Get Building!
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
holyshit.. taylor that's mindblowing. yours is nice oliver, but flow still needs to be worked on. taylor's idea is a perfect example happy

I don't really think of flow the same way as you guys. I mountain bike a lot so I'm more used to specific long lines than general flow happy it's a little weird but it's just engrained I'm my mind
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 pm

kerryDETH wrote:

I don't really think of flow the same way as you guys. I mountain bike a lot so I'm more used to specific long lines than general flow happy it's a little weird but it's just engrained in my mind
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 pm

thanks guys for the kind comments. and yeah jay i see what your saying totally. i was aiming for the mellowed out style though, flat laying plaza type thing. it's all about your personality and preference, there's a style for everybody happy

Natefb wrote:
I think you all put wayyyy to much in the park! REMEMBER you have to be able to make the stuff tooo ha..
ive made a park with everything too close before and it totally ruins the whole park! space the stuff out and add what you REALLY want in the park!

mine is pretty spaced out, 4ft x 4ft is pretty big, and nothing is in the way of your arm wink

i promise i'll do a more transitional park next time. plazas are just SO FUN to build in sketchup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED   Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED Empty

Back to top Go down

Hopefully a sticky.. Homemade/sketchup parks thread UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next