Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNew company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:15 am

thanks happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
dersz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
dersz

Setup : Blosom deck, Y trucks x4, Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 am

dam that's slick as hell
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 pm

honestly, they are probably the one of the nicest wooden benches ive ever tried. i was testing it at rendevous and they are reeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyyyy nice. i agree, they are a bit pricey, but they're definitely worth it
Back to top Go down
Bobby.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:08 pm

were they cheaper at vous?
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:15 pm

i'd say pretty quickly there are the nicest benches out currently...yeah it's a lot...but heck people if you want quality it costs, don't want such crazy level of workmanship get a KL or BRR :s

that said, i wish i had enough to get one, i love the side bit very happy
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 pm

they weren't selling them at vous
Back to top Go down
Bobby.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:17 pm

oh okay, I thought they were.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:26 pm

yes they were tyler, just not at vous 14
and these aren't worth the money, sorry to anyone who says they are. Sure they're quality but you can get the same thing for around 30 bucks. essentially you are paying 15 dollars for a 2 inch extension.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Pure bench is much better than that.
Back to top Go down
JoseTomato
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JoseTomato

Blackriver Wides
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Ben GP wrote:
yes they were tyler, just not at vous 14
and these aren't worth the money, sorry to anyone who says they are. Sure they're quality but you can get the same thing for around 30 bucks. essentially you are paying 15 dollars for a 2 inch extension.

The bench that was sold at Vous 13 is NOT the bench on flatface. The ones he sold at that Rendevous were much cheaper. Much lower quality. They were more or less a test batch so he could see if people would like them. Once he got good feedback he made this batch and TRUST ME, after using both of them I can accurately say that the new ones are much higher quality.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:13 pm

ive tried the new ones too, he had one at vous 14, i still dont think its worth it. it is a quality product, just overpriced like another company i know *COUGH COUGH BERLINWOOD*
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:25 pm

politics of fingerboarding :s

It's expensive, don't buy it if it's too much. If i did have that sort of money, i'd be bloody tempted though.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Pete
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 am

Hey guys! Chuck pete here(owner of bonk benches). I understand the price is a tad steep, but there are a lot of factors that contribute to this!

-These take a lot of time to construct due to the fact that every piece of them is crafted by me, and me alone. I plain/cut the wood out of oak from my grandfathers ol' tree, I cut the rivets, I sand/round the edges. I cut the steel, I grind the steel, I paint the steel, I weld the steel, I assemble them, I drill the holes in the bases, I polish the steel, and it's very stressful/time consuming work. I also rely on my hands to make a living, so everytime I go around this equipment there's the risk factor of losing fingers, which I am in constant fear of.

-I sell them to FlatFace for a reasonable price, and of course for Mike to make a profit, he has to charge a little bit more for him to be able to distribute/pay for shipping worldwide/and turn a small profit!

-I have to pay for new grinding wheels, metal, sanding belts, electricity costs to run everything, & gas to get to my work shop. When all is said and done I turn a reasonable profit, but nothing extravagant.

- at www.facebook.com/bonkbenches there will be lots of giveaways and contests as well, that are not based on skill level, so I do/will give back to the fingerboard community!

-And to the comments about "ohh another street benchh", I have had these designs/ideas for years now, with a lot of reliable people to back that up, and I finally put them into motion. So therefore, these ideas were not built off of anything other than realism, and my imagination. I do not do this for profit. I do it for the love of the sport, and just enough money to continue products, cover expenses, and put some food in my belly. I actually put a large portion of pay from this aside, so I can have my impacted wisdom teeth surgery, because I do not have insurance. So please don't make me out to be selfish.

(conclusion)
I love fingerboarding, I love fingerboarders, I love to craft and design, I love that this year people will be opening my product under their tree for Christmas, & I love all the support I have gotten so far. Thanks for reading happy
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:47 am

i think that the handmade aspect is reeeally awesome. but to me, it just isn't worth that kind of money. i know that it is to some, but i'd rather buy something thats still fairly nice that came from a production line for half the price. however, if these had a lifetime warranty, or even a two year warranty, that would change my mind. sweet company you've got going, i wish you success!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:41 pm

i really don't think a warranty is necessary... if you buy one and it's not on, send it back :s

+rep for all that chris, but i would recommend you to take note that people feel it's too expensive - i have a feeling people will buy the cheaper alternatives in preference. still, gj very happy
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Well, that shows how much work you put in to making them.
One way to get them cheaper for all the customers but the same price for you (maybe even more money for you) if you would start to sell them on your own instead of only distributing them on Flatface. I mean, you probably sell them half the price to Mike but you could just start selling them on your own for half the price or maybe a liiitle more and in that way I think many more people would buy one.
I don't think you need any to sell them on Flatface because of how awesome these ramps already are happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
dersz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
dersz

Setup : Blosom deck, Y trucks x4, Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

it's like burberry clothing vs reg clothing basicly
Back to top Go down
mitch-03
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
mitch-03

Setup : Blosom 32.5mm <3
Brt Wides,
Oak Roots,
Ace tape.

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:21 pm

i agree with Axel, if you sell them independantly the word would get out and more people would buy if there cheaper. no-one is saying there not good just a little too much
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:26 pm

And to be honest, I think a lot of people won't care that you get the wood from a tree in your garden.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm

But that type of tree is 100% wood right?
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Noel wrote:
But that type of tree is 100% wood right?
lol nope, 99% wood and 1% wood bug thingy's
So if you buy the bench, all your ramps will be demolished because of the bugsss
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Its a unique obstacle for sure, but its too much for me. 63 shipped. Id rather buy something simple of that sort like the BRR street bench or KL Wood Bench. But dont get me wrong they do look super fun and creative
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:47 pm

wow, revelation. I thought all trees were 100% wood!? What else is in them!? D:

@bobbernaut noooo :c i need HERITAGE!? er yeah, probably not :s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!   New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New company added to Flatface! Bonk Benches!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2