Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalare blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

are blackriver trucks worth the money?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Natefb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Natefb

Setup : Pure 32mm
Ytrucks x4s
FF g6's

are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: are blackriver trucks worth the money?   are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 pm

I always have a problem with the locknuts and wheels with the brr trucks! if im spending the money i want the trucks that will work with ANY type of wheels..i would have bought the ytrucks x4s, or the x3s

also ytrucks locknuts never fall off! BRR trucks always fall off even with the locknuts!
Back to top Go down
TomColbert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TomColbert

Companies : Fingerboarding and Skateboarding
Setup : Yellowood Z3, Blackriver Trucks, Winkler Wheels

PostSubject: Re: are blackriver trucks worth the money?   are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Natefb wrote:
BRR trucks always fall off even with the locknuts!

never had a problem with this in my entire lock nutted life
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/colbertfb?feature=mhum
DarraghK
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DarraghK

Setup : Blosom 32.5mm.
Td longboard trucks.
Flatface G7d's white.

PostSubject: Re: are blackriver trucks worth the money?   are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:07 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:

One set of 2.0s and one set of wides, nothing's ever gone wrong; all my lock nuts even still work. BRTs are easily fixed with the First Aid kits, and from what I've heard their customer service is pretty good so long as you have a genuine problem.

I've had one set of 2.0's and one set of Brt Wides aswell, nothings ever gone wrong in them, and I have Y trucks x3 aswell, but I prefer Brts.
Back to top Go down
glasssofOJ
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: are blackriver trucks worth the money?   are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 5:55 am

Xi wrote:
In my opinion, trucks are one of the lowest of priorities on a setup after tape, deck, wheels and bushings. If you have already got some decent tape, deck and wheels, if you can afford the trucks and if you realistically see yourself using the trucks for quite some time, then buy the trucks. There's no point buying BRTs if you are not entirely sure you are into fingerboarding and end up quitting after having spent a lot of money on BRTs. Ytrucks are also a nice alternative.

I am sorry to bump this old thread and while I disagree that unless you know you are into to fingerboarding to not get BRTs I did grew with everything else.

Blackrivers are the best thing you can do to your set up. 95% of my over a decade fingerboarding "career" was with China trucks and no matter how loose you make them the lean. That means if you use the tail as the nose, the trucks make the board lean the opposite way you are used to making your trucks feel gross.

BRTs snap back to the middle even if you make them as loose as possible meaning every trick, no matter which way the deck is, will always feel the same. Plus they have the best kingpin clearance. Nothing is worse than basically having to give up frontside feebles (one of my favorite tricks) because every time you do the kingpin catches.
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: are blackriver trucks worth the money?   are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:53 pm

glasssofOJ wrote:
I am sorry to bump this old thread

Don't bump old threads. Please.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: are blackriver trucks worth the money?   are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:30 pm

lmao 2012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are blackriver trucks worth the money?   are blackriver trucks worth the money? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

are blackriver trucks worth the money?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2