Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAnother Custom Graphic Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Custom Graphic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which one is better?
Another Custom Graphic B1043%Another Custom Graphic B10
 43% [ 6 ]
Another Custom Graphic B1057%Another Custom Graphic B10
 57% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

Another Custom Graphic Empty
PostSubject: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I made a new one following what you have suggested before. It is completely a new design. I have made two however I don't know which one to actually make into a deck.

1:
Another Custom Graphic Fb_is_10
2:
Another Custom Graphic Fb_is_11
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:23 pm

I think I like the second one more but there is one bad thing imo with them both, the big white space between the I and the S.
Maybe try to make something so it isn't a big space there?
Rotating them 90 degrees maybe? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Looks similar to the graphic I did:

Another Custom Graphic Fbisawesome
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:49 pm

I think that's the point thom. to support unite, english scene, etc, but to also have a nice graphic
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 pm

..I don't think it is.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:35 pm

RIPOFF OF THOM'S
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 pm

i think that graph is a blatant kick in Thom's bollocks.

i can understand where you are coming from, but really you should have asked the creator if it is cool to make a rip off of it, in which case you knew what the answer would be.

not cool IMO.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:36 pm

As far as I'm concerned it's little different to The Simpsons ripping off the famous Bones Brigade graphic, or nearly every Holywood film ripping off Battleship Potempkin. If it's an homage then I've got no problem; Thom's is a much loved graphic that you can't get anymore. If it's just a rip off for th sake of a lack of originality then I have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 am

I'm sorry Thom if i've made a graphic so close to your's without permission. I deeply love the unite graphic and I wanted to have something close to it for myself. I included the "rebelfingerboards" text on one of the versions because this was a request for a custom graphic from that company and they usually put their logo to a place I wouldn't want it to be. This wouldn't be sold in anyway and would've been my personal deck. Once again, I am deeply sorry Thom and I hope you wouldn't be offended with this anymore. If you are still offended with this I will gladly take the images down and I wouldn't ask a company to make this into a custom graphic deck.
Back to top Go down
Bearded Fingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Bearded Fingers

Setup : OG Deck
Fvcker V5's
TKYs
Winkler Big Daddy'z

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:53 am

Oscar V. wrote:
I made a new one following what you have suggested before. It is completely a new design. I have made two however I don't know which one to actually make into a deck.

Oscar V. wrote:
I'm sorry Thom if i've made a graphic so close to your's without permission. I deeply love the unite graphic and I wanted to have something close to it for myself. I included the "rebelfingerboards" text on one of the versions because this was a request for a custom graphic from that company and they usually put their logo to a place I wouldn't want it to be. This wouldn't be sold in anyway and would've been my personal deck. Once again, I am deeply sorry Thom and I hope you wouldn't be offended with this anymore. If you are still offended with this I will gladly take the images down and I wouldn't ask a company to make this into a custom graphic deck.

As far as I can see, Oscar has not said anything in the vicinity of "Which graphic will make me the most money?" Infact, he has flat out said he is not going to sell it.

Why is everybody jumping on his back? Can anybody tell me what is wrong with somebody making a singular graphic based on something that inspired them?
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 am

guys he's making a deck FOR HIMSELF. who gives a crap if he is copying? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:06 pm

It's not so much if it's going to be sold or not, or that he's made a graphic similar to mine, it's the etiquette of it. I poured hours into that graphic, and I'm proud of it. If he got in touch with me prior to making it, I wouldn't have been bothered.

And imitation is greatest form of flattery.. Yeah, for the imitator, but not from the eyes of the creator.
Back to top Go down
eddie.s.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
eddie.s.

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah, total ripoff of thoms, and a bad ripoff at that.
Back to top Go down
http://eddiethellama.tumblr.com
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:47 pm

i think you should only be upset if you graphic was still available. it isn't, so this is all he's got
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Look at the posts I've done, there's next to no reaction from me. I understand that this may be entirely a coincidence or it has been entirely inspired. But Oscar has PM'd me and we've worked it out maturely.

But since you're beating a dead horse Taylor, I'll say this:
When you're 20, and you count on Graphic Design as some form of income to live off, any situation like this is taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Custom Graphic   Another Custom Graphic Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Custom Graphic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1