Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhats a good Longboard for a beginner? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LogicalSpring
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
LogicalSpring

Companies : Fingerboarding, Duh
Setup : 4CF complete

Whats a good Longboard for a beginner? Empty
PostSubject: Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?   Whats a good Longboard for a beginner? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 am

Hello,
I'm trying to find a good longboard for me. I have never longboarded, but do skateboard.
I only plan to cruze and do freestyle.
Any suggestions?
I don't want to spend anymore than like $120.
Back to top Go down
JoseTomato
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JoseTomato

Setup : Woob
Blackriver Wides
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?   Whats a good Longboard for a beginner? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:34 am

I was briefly sponsored for longboarding, so let's get started. 1st off, the only place you have a fighting chance to get a setup for $120 is in the classifieds section on silverfishlongboarding.com. It's a forum identical to this one, but for longboarders. Now, if you're looking for a cruiser/commuter that you can do freestyle on (IE, sliding, shuvits, etc) I STRONGLY recommend an Earthwing Supermodel, or if that's too expensive try to find a board of similar shape and size for cheaper. That deck, for one reason or another, pairs perfect with Indy longboard trucks. and when it comes to wheels it's all dependant on what you want to do. Hard, center set, round lipped wheels will slide with no effort while soft, side set, square lipped wheels will grip too hard to break traction at all. Try to find something in between that. Hope I helped!
Back to top Go down
Patrick Self
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Patrick Self

Setup : Deck: Berlinwood wide low 'Martin Winkler' graphic
Trucks: TD longboard 32mm
Wheels: Winkler wheels Bblackriver ed.
Tuning: Flatface teflons
Tape: FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?   Whats a good Longboard for a beginner? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 am

get like a hybrid board its a mix between a longboard and a normal skateboard. like an early brain child I THINK. i dont longboard.
Back to top Go down
LogicalSpring
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
LogicalSpring

Companies : Fingerboarding, Duh
Setup : 4CF complete

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?   Whats a good Longboard for a beginner? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 am

JoseTomato wrote:
I was briefly sponsored for longboarding, so let's get started. 1st off, the only place you have a fighting chance to get a setup for $120 is in the classifieds section on silverfishlongboarding.com. It's a forum identical to this one, but for longboarders. Now, if you're looking for a cruiser/commuter that you can do freestyle on (IE, sliding, shuvits, etc) I STRONGLY recommend an Earthwing Supermodel, or if that's too expensive try to find a board of similar shape and size for cheaper. That deck, for one reason or another, pairs perfect with Indy longboard trucks. and when it comes to wheels it's all dependant on what you want to do. Hard, center set, round lipped wheels will slide with no effort while soft, side set, square lipped wheels will grip too hard to break traction at all. Try to find something in between that. Hope I helped!

Thanks man! I found a used Earthwing Supermodel on Amazon for like $150. So when I get the money I will probably go with that. happy
Back to top Go down
JoseTomato
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JoseTomato

Setup : Woob
Blackriver Wides
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?   Whats a good Longboard for a beginner? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:56 am

LogicalSpring wrote:
Thanks man! I found a used Earthwing Supermodel on Amazon for like $150. So when I get the money I will probably go with that. happy

No problem! Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?   Whats a good Longboard for a beginner? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats a good Longboard for a beginner?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1