Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow to make a company. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to make a company.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OddwoodFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
OddwoodFB

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding, Gaming.
Setup : Bollie classic shape - Bollie trucks - Bollie wheels - riptape slim and catchy.

How to make a company. Empty
PostSubject: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:20 pm

[THIS THREAD HAS ENDED]

Last edited by OddwoodFB on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:31 pm

honestly man, not to be a bugger but there are still so many things wrong with this... First off you miss an extremely important step which should be the first, ACTUALLY HAVE A PRODUCT! And you say not to put wood on the end, eh Oddwood? some of the stuff in here makes sense, except that it is so vague that it doesn't really help much. Maybe just think some of this stuff through first. Btw do you have a reputable company yet? I'd love to see some products man.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:54 pm

You've said nothing about knowing the community, getting involved, actually fingerboarding, testing, or customer psychology. I'd suggest you know nothing about starting a company...for example, why would you start out on eBay?
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:23 pm

i lol'ed so hard at this thread
Back to top Go down
Fingerboarder411
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Fingerboarder411

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Tyler wrote:
i lol'ed so hard at this thread

And at his name.. haha.

Odder is better. Is that even a word?!
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:29 pm

OddwoodFB wrote:
Hey guys! I know your thinking 'Not another one' but I've seen other people make the same thing HORRIFICALLY! So i'm basically re-telling their 'Stories' while adapting them to make sense and easy to follow!

Step 1: Make a name!

This is basically finding a cool word (Describing words are good) that you like and NOT putting wood on the end. instead, put boards or decks on the end. For example: Strength Decks.

Step 3: Specifications!

ALWAYS make sure that all your decks/ramps are the same length and width as another of the same ramp.

Step 4: Selling

Start off on eBay, once the sales start rising, make a web shop - try using a webpage maker first and see how that goes!

LOLOLOL. How ironic is it that you said don't name your company with ...-wood but you do it? 'OddWood'. Thats hypcritical.
Second, you have to make your stuff different, something that someone will buy, don't copy other companies.
Also, eBay isn't the best place to start. MOST, not all, company's that start on eBay are CHINA.
btw, this post didn't differ from all the other ones, (;
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 pm

I'd advise people disregard this.
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:09 pm

So having a product you are confident in, that is well regarded, that offers something new, a new aspect to decks, wheels, trucks, whatever it may be, isn't important right?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : How to make a company. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:19 pm

I love how making the name is put before even getting materials for whatever product you are making..

This guide is a good describtion of the the mistake a lot of kids make when they start companies.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:45 pm

kerryDETH wrote:

this made me looool
Back to top Go down
OddwoodFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
OddwoodFB

Setup : Bollie classic shape - Bollie trucks - Bollie wheels - riptape slim and catchy.

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 6:49 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
You've said nothing about knowing the community, getting involved, actually fingerboarding, testing, or customer psychology. I'd suggest you know nothing about starting a company...for example, why would you start out on eBay?

If you start on eBay you can see if people like your products first. Plus it costs to have your own webpage
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Bigcartel? Weebly? Webs?
Back to top Go down
OddwoodFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
OddwoodFB

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 6:52 pm

DarianN wrote:
OddwoodFB wrote:
Hey guys! I know your thinking 'Not another one' but I've seen other people make the same thing HORRIFICALLY! So i'm basically re-telling their 'Stories' while adapting them to make sense and easy to follow!

Step 1: Make a name!

This is basically finding a cool word (Describing words are good) that you like and NOT putting wood on the end. instead, put boards or decks on the end. For example: Strength Decks.

Step 3: Specifications!

ALWAYS make sure that all your decks/ramps are the same length and width as another of the same ramp.

Step 4: Selling

Start off on eBay, once the sales start rising, make a web shop - try using a webpage maker first and see how that goes!

LOLOLOL. How ironic is it that you said don't name your company with ...-wood but you do it? 'OddWood'. Thats hypcritical.
Second, you have to make your stuff different, something that someone will buy, don't copy other companies.
Also, eBay isn't the best place to start. MOST, not all, company's that start on eBay are CHINA.
btw, this post didn't differ from all the other ones, (;

Its a name of ME. I don't own a company. I wanted to, but i don't have time. Plus it wouldn't be called Oddwood if I did. Also I was a bit of a FB noob when I made this account...
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Why would you give advice on how to make a company if you've never owned a legitimate company yourself?
Back to top Go down
OddwoodFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
OddwoodFB

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Why would you have your picture of a girl if your not a girl yourself?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 pm

When you created your account? Four days ago? And you should have enough confidence in your product to take it straight to market, rather than dick about on eBay working out if it's any good...
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:47 pm

OddwoodFB wrote:
Because she's sexy.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:51 pm

this guy is ridiculous.
/thread.
Back to top Go down
JT
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
JT

Companies : JTfingerboards

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 8:56 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
^in case nobody saw it when the thread SHOULD'VE ended.
Making a fingerboard company should not be set by 5 silly rules.
Fingerboard companies that make it and will strive are the ones that start out making decks or other things for themselves, with THEIR own preferences, and then maybe after a year of making them they would be up to quality to sell. Fingerboard making is an art and just because you saw a YouTube video on how to make one doesn't mean it's easy enough to start tomorrow, it is a wonderful thing if you could start the next day but even if your decks seem perfect and get a lot of hype on a forum there is a lot you cannot learn from a video.
Personal expirences are what makes fingerboard companies different from each other, I am sure we all started with a bondo mold bcuz of Brandon jones videos, but just seeing that video isn't gonna make you a master moldmaker, messing up on bondo molds 50 times will teach you what your doing wrong. Making custom decks for myself is what I enjoyed about starting off, Just having fun.
Fingerboard companies should not be about the money, it is a very far-fetched dream to get rich off of selling miniature skateboards, and to think that you will is very greedy and ruins the scene.
Fingerboarding used to be about the love of it, not the ways to make a company, and the true way to make a company people will enjoy is to make something you enjoy, be friendly, and have fun doing what your doing while providing a product that has love and care put into it, not a product meant to make you money.

Sorry if this did not make too much sense, I am just ranting ig.

Ohh and by the way, for the love of fingerboarding, JT FingerBoards may be re-opening very soon.

Thanks,
Justin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jtfingerboards.weebly.com
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks!

I was low on laugh today happy
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Be original, thats what people want. Originality. Success is mainly from good ideas (Oak wheels.. RadRamps.. Ytrucks.. um theres loads more)... Think of a good idea and put confidence into it, aaand it should be successful. Bum.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:48 pm

OddwoodFB wrote:

Does this mean that you put pictures of men up on yor wall, since you're a guy?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : How to make a company. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 am

Danny Hynam wrote:
OddwoodFB wrote:

Does this mean that you put pictures of men up on yor wall, since you're a guy?

How to make a company. George-michael
Back to top Go down
OddwoodFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
OddwoodFB

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
When you created your account? Four days ago? And you should have enough confidence in your product to take it straight to market, rather than dick about on eBay working out if it's any good...

I didn't make this account 4 days ago. I re-activated it 4 days ago. Also - can we just drop it now. Fine, it was bad. Sheesh.

Last edited by OddwoodFB on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake)
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:07 am

How to make a company. You_lose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a company.   How to make a company. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make a company.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next