Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPlease Lock This Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please Lock This

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Im not sure if theres another thread about this, but does anyone else feel the scene is really bad these days. With PEOPLE trying to hard to have 'style' and have nice cameras and sponsors, or is it just me feeling its bad.

Last edited by RageFB on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : lock this)
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa KIDS
elephant
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa KIDS
elephant
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Not to be a dick, you're a kid, I'm a kid... so many people on this forum are kids
But yeah, lots of people do try to get sponsored which can get annoying with lots of tryout videos on youtube and stuff. Another thing that make sit look bad is companies that seem legit for about 2 weeks and then give up, or they seem like a trustworthy company but end up just selling china shit at ridiculous prices.

To be honest it doesn't matter what camera you use, if you buy a decent camera, it means that you want you videos to stand out and look good and get noticed more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:43 pm

when i said "kids", i didnt mean age wise, i meant how they acted with sponsorships and style and a good camera, and I changed it. I used people, not "kids"

Last edited by RageFB on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to add something)
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Will Sparrow-Saunt wrote:
Not to be a dick, you're a kid, I'm a kid... so many people on this forum are kids
But yeah, lots of people do try to get sponsored which can get annoying with lots of tryout videos on youtube and stuff. Another thing that make sit look bad is companies that seem legit for about 2 weeks and then give up, or they seem like a trustworthy company but end up just selling china shit at ridiculous prices.

To be honest it doesn't matter what camera you use, if you buy a decent camera, it means that you want you videos to stand out and look good and get noticed more.

Yeah I know you aren't trying to be a dick, I understand the camera part and how people want their videos to stand out. What I meant was alot of people complain that they dont have a dlsr. I do understand what your saying though. very happy
Back to top Go down
ghettosquad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ghettosquad

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Yes, I've seen so many people broadcast on youtube and with like an $800 camera, $200 fingerboard setup and crap, and all they're trying to do is be like Mike Schneider. That's not going to get them anywhere in life if all they're going to do is copy other for what they do and what they buy. It drives me nuts that when people start fingerboarding for a month or two and they buy an $800 and don't actually do many tricks at all.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm sick of these fucking threads.

We've had this exact thread so many times, if kids stopped complaining about the same issue all of the time, people wouldn't care so much about style and cameras etc. One person mentions it then the rest of the scene jumps on the bandwagon.

It's natural to buy the best quality camera, if they have £600, they're going to buy a Canon, not an Argos value digicam for £30. What's the point in spending £100 on an average quality camera, then buying a dslr when you reach the standard that people expect, if you have the money to get a nice camera, go for it. Don't get a shit one with the intention of upgrading.
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I see this all the time.
It's not all kids... I've been in the scene for around 10 years and never bothered about making videos or anything like that until recently.
I work and can afford products with asking my parents but everyone seems to forget its not all about 'style' and great products.
Just have fun with it.
And on the sponsor note, if you deserve it, you'll get it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
I'm sick of these fucking threads.

We've had this exact thread so many times, if kids stopped complaining about the same issue all of the time, people wouldn't care so much about style and cameras etc. One person mentions it then the rest of the scene jumps on the bandwagon.

It's natural to buy the best quality camera, if they have £600, they're going to buy a Canon, not an Argos value digicam for £30. What's the point in spending £100 on an average quality camera, then buying a dslr when you reach the standard that people expect, if you have the money to get a nice camera, go for it. Don't get a shit one with the intention of upgrading.

thisthisthisthisthis.

There'd be much less emphasis on these things you all dislike if you stopped paying attention to them happy
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Fingerboarding is for fun,not for sponsorship and not expensive products
Fingerboarding is described as FUN!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh look another one of these threads
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Lmao...Jake why post this?
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:23 pm

My first camera was £40 from argos... now I use my phone niigggggz
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:28 pm

I get 10-20 views for videos I put 2 hours of editing into. When did anyone last see me bitch? You get better, you learn to edit, you earn enough for a DSLR and people will watch if they enjoy it. *shrugs* These threads are appearing a lot recently... sad
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 pm

TheFingerBreaker wrote:
Fingerboarding is for fun,not for sponsorship and not expensive products
Fingerboarding is described as FUN!
And FUN is described as
F is for friends who make a mini together
U is for unitefingerboarding
N is for anywhere, anytime you have your setup, down here in the fingerboard scene

Kinda cheesy but whatev's
Anyway, I agree. Kid's shouldn't care about sponsors. If you want to have fun, just fingerboard. If kids get mad at people who aren't good, and say "Oh you suck. Why do you fingerboard?" then I get angry
Hopefully we can learn to ignore the meanie's and just focus on having fun!
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:26 pm

DarianN wrote:
Lmao...Jake why post this?
idk why i did, i just wanted to say it then, i didnt realize until AFTER i posted it that there were more of these. Looking back i have no clue why i posted it
Back to top Go down
teamherosquad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
teamherosquad

Setup : Burger King complete.

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Everyone seeks validation in life. Everyone wants to be good at something, to stand out, to have a special skill. To be different.

kids freak out about trying to get bajillion views on youtube and get free stuff and make a name for themselves then freak out about other people trying to. It's just like in school and in life, people just want to be popular.

don't take those people seriously, having just got into fingerboarding, i didn't even know there was a scene until i went looking for one.

Famous sports players only matter to sports fans, actors only matter to people who watch movies, fingerboarders only matter to fingerboarders.

no offense to anyone, but once you mature, you don't give a shit about popularity and you just recognize the talent some people possess and respect their dedication and appreciate the time they took to make videos or take pictures and share their hobby with you.

Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Please lock this thread.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Locked happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Please Lock This Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Lock This   Please Lock This Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Lock This

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1