Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTech Deck competition series handboards. Overview Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview Empty
PostSubject: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 pm

so ive been eying these handboards for a while now.
they have the Jim Phillips artwork for Santa Cruz. epic graphics from back in the day.
the other thing that makes these really sick imo, is that they are made from wood. (Canadian maple)
i decided to buy the set of 4, as i got a good deal on them, and i have to say im well stocked with them.
they are gonna look epic hanging on my wall, and im sure in 20 years time they will be quite sought after.
these are limited to 1499 in each graphic also. so you know they are limited.

Finn said that someone brought these and the holes on them dont fit regular tech deck trucks....but im skeptical. as you can see, i took one of the decks out, and indeed they have 4 holes drilled, that look in the right place for the trucks.

i dont know for sure, (as i don not have a hanboard complete kicking about anymore, but i would hazard a guess they do fit the trucks. (why would they make them in another size)? i will say the truck holes seem really tight, and drilled with a small bit, so maybe thats why someone couldn't get the trucks on???

if anyone can give me the exact dimensions for the truck holes on the trucks i could measure one and clear it up.

heres some pictures of the decks profile etc.

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview 2iu53f9

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview 123p8bn

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview 1zla9n9

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview 2ahtrh5

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview 1eoupe

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview 6enryc

and here is a picture for size in my room....these things are quite substantial and heavy!!!

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview Zipo9s

overall im happy with these, and they are well worth buying if your into collecting.
i actually got the chance to ride all of these decks setup back in the day (originals) but never actually owed any of these ones....i had a few of the other Phillips graphs though.

i purchased all 4 for 46 quid shipped.

stoked.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Those look really cool shocked

IIRC, the length of the baseplates on the trucks are longer than the difference between the holes on the old school decks? It's retarded beyond belief shocked but it'd surely be easy enough to drill some now holes and fill the old ones in wink
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 pm

i wont ever set them up with trucks anyways, just seems odd to me that tech deck would change the truck placement???

your another person to back it up though happy

they make sick wall hangers wink
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:16 pm

I think it might be something to do with the fact that Xconcepts made handboards originally, and Spin Master made the wooden ones that you've got shocked So they were probably designed solely for the purpose of collecting with no thought that they could be set up with the old handboard trucks?

Also, that stock looks lovely in the background wink
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

OOOOOOh Ross I see you got some keyboards in one of the pics,never knew you were interested in that type of stuff.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 pm

cheeky blosom decks drying in the background in one pic?

but yea I think danny is right about the spinmaster - xconcepts thing. shame, but nonetheless these look really nice happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 am

yeah i like tinkering with electronics, keyboards, amps, speakers etc wink

that brown synth is actually a wicked little circuit bent stonker.

that'll be some of the decks making their way to you very soon Kerry wink

seems the old trucks dont fit these wooden handboards then...too bad..they are too nice to handboard with anyways very happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:19 am

Sorry Ross, the old handboard trucks won't fit these. I've seen a video back in the day of someone trying it.
Back to top Go down
Pete76
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pete76

Companies : The Norwood Project.

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 am

They look sick.

I remember that Rob Roskop deck well, it was one of the most wanted decks around at the time.

I'd like to see the old Death Box graphics on some of these tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenorwoodproject.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview   Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech Deck competition series handboards. Overview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1