Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalfingerboard size need help Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fingerboard size need help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hanfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
hanfb

Companies : FingerBoarding
Setup : I have to many.

fingerboard size need help Empty
PostSubject: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 am

atm im riding a 32mm deck but the deck i wanna buy is 29mm will it make a huge diffrence or no

thanks
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 am

To me, the biggest change in a set up is deck width. I changed the other way, 29 to 32, and I could barely use it, because the change. If you have small fingers, get the 29, but if they're normal/large, stay with the 32
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : fingerboard size need help J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:33 am

It doesn't depend on the size on your fingers.. It's all about your preference. Get a 29mm see if it works you. For some people it takes time to get used to a new size. I skate 26mm and 32mm on the same day without trouble.
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:02 am

I would try 30 before you go 29.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:06 am

I can go from deck size to deck size, with no problems. I say go for it. If it fails you, trade it for something. I personally prefer 29-30mm decks.
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 am

I started on a 26, change to a 32 was easy for me, I can still ride anywhere from 26 - 34 without more that 10 minutes getting-used-to. My favourite is still my Blosom 32.5 tho happy
Back to top Go down
Wilco
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Wilco

Companies : Wilco Fingerboarding
Setup : Flatface g13 32mm

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 am

I like 30mm, and that's the size I make for myself. Good feel and flow of a wide deck with the performance of a 29mm. Give it a try!
Back to top Go down
http://wilco.bigcartel.com
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:37 am

Wilco wrote:
I like 30mm, and that's the size I make for myself. Good feel and flow of a wide deck with the performance of a 29mm. Give it a try!
Wider isn't any "flowier", it gives you more control while sacrificing some responsiveness.
Flow is all your skill and riding style, it has nothing to do with the deck.
Really it's up to your preference, and while I hate to recommend china, it might be worth it to try some different widths to see what's your liking.

And wilco let's see some pics!
Back to top Go down
MattFBB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MattFBB

Companies : fingerboard/skateboard
Setup : Berlinwood flatface cube 32mm
y-trucks x4
winklers
rip tape

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 pm

It will defiantly make a difference on your kickflips, tres, etc. But it wont make a huge difference, just some getting used too
Back to top Go down
http://leafledges.bigcartel.com
Wilco
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Wilco

Companies : Wilco Fingerboarding
Setup : Flatface g13 32mm

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Oliver32.5 wrote:
Wilco wrote:
Wider isn't any "flowier", it gives you more control while sacrificing some responsiveness.
Really it's up to your preference, and while I hate to recommend china, it might be worth it to try some different widths to see what's your liking.

Stop commenting on every single post i make trying to 1up me..
Back to top Go down
http://wilco.bigcartel.com
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Wilco wrote:
Oliver32.5 wrote:
Wilco wrote:

Stop commenting on every single post i make trying to 1up me..

He does make a valid point through. And saying stuff like that in a public forum turns the topic into a fight between two people. Try PMing people you have a problem with.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Like everyone said here, it's all about preference and a lot of people are able to easily adapt to a new size.

If you know some fingerboarders or are going to some fingerboard events, try out people's boards and see how you feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fingerboard size need help   fingerboard size need help Empty

Back to top Go down

fingerboard size need help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1