Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSpecial ed kids needs fingerboards Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Special ed kids needs fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Special ed kids needs fingerboards J9VuKBZ

Special ed kids needs fingerboards Empty
PostSubject: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 am

So.. Ryan and I both got an email from this guy trying to get his hands on some setups for some special ed kids.

We are wondering if anyone else got this mail, and if so if you wanna get together to do this?

url=https://servimg.com/view/14737768/982]Special ed kids needs fingerboards Scott11[/url]

Special ed kids needs fingerboards Scott211
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 am

I'd throw in some stuff!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 am

I have a havok complete I'd be willing to throw in if its legit,
Is it legit?
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 am

I can't take you serious with that picture Mikkel lol
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Special ed kids needs fingerboards J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 am

Lol Daniel, it's one of the kids (jk) ..

The point of the thread is not to get more people into this, but more to find out if he has send the same email to 9001 people.
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 am

Oh. I didn't get an email.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 am

i think it is holden emailin no joke
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:38 am

Yeah probs Holden. But if its a government email or a school one u could trust it
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:43 am

Well so far the guy seems pretty nice. I've exchanged two emails with him and either he's a very good liar (which I doubt) or he really is just trying to make school a better place for kids.
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 am

yeah he sounds legit
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 am

Mhm supporting these kids is great,BUT, why does a special ed kid need good proffessional or wooden setups? Just get techdecks. when I see one of those kids pull off a nollie tre I'd think of donating. But until I see this,I think they don't really need anything but basic tech decks.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 am

huggiecarebear wrote:
Mhm supporting these kids is great,BUT, why does a special ed kid need good proffessional or wooden setups? Just get techdecks. when I see one of those kids pull off a nollie tre I'd think of donating. But until I see this,I think they don't really need anything but basic tech decks.
Wouldn't you want a nice set up if offered? And lets be honest, how many of us can legit nollie tre to the point where we'd "deserve" a set up? It's just for them to have something to look forward to man happy
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 am

Ryan, I didn't mean as if they didn't deserve it, I meant it as though, they probably won't even realise the difference, I know before I got into the fingerboarding scene all I knew of was tech decks, and Everytime I got one I was hyped, before I got onto this forum, if someone would of offered me a lovedrug,temple,pure,blosom etc. I'd be like "Hmm I already have some better ones then that but thanks for offering." They would get no more fun out of a proffessional setup then a tech deck.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 am

No I know what you meant man! They also don't have tech decks. It was the guy's who works with them. Mikkel and I are already planning to send them some set ups for the hell of it happy The guy seems very genuine and just wants to help them enjoy school a little more.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 am

If it is legit it is a good thing. My mother is a teacher at a local school in my area and told me about a couple of kids that always had their pen cases full of TechDechs. So I made a couple decks for them and sendt it with her along with a massive amount of different fingerboarding related stickers so she could give it to them just to supprise them. They got insanely stoked to say the least and are now deskrocking Primitive with priceless smiles on their faces. I also did this to a couple of regular locals at the skateshop. It is a great feeling giving like that to kids that are not asking for anything.

Again, if legit. I bet it would be a good idea to arrange for them to meet a representative from you or a fingerboarder in their local area if possible too. Just throwing it out there..
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 am

Bakko wrote:
If it is legit it is a good thing. My mother is a teacher at a local school in my area and told me about a couple of kids that always had their pen cases full of TechDechs. So I made a couple decks for them and sendt it with her along with a massive amount of different fingerboarding related stickers so she could give it to them just to supprise them. They got insanely stoked to say the least and are now deskrocking Primitive with priceless smiles on their faces. I also did this to a couple of regular locals at the skateshop. It is a great feeling giving like that to kids that are not asking for anything.

Again, if legit. I bet it would be a good idea to arrange for them to meet a representative from you or a fingerboarder in their local area if possible too. Just throwing it out there..
Yeah Bakko I've been exchanging emails with Scott and he's a really down to earth guy. He's super nice and really is just trying to help out these kids. He recently joined here and his name is oskorei on here. He's relatively new to the scene of fingerboarding but he seems to have a nice grasp on it and like I said he's very down to earth so it's not hard to become friends with him.
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 am

Wow, that's crazy man! My cousin is getting her masters In special education, and I've been to her student teaching and its really something. I think it'll be great to give something to the cause man!
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 am

Melvin doesn't need anymore fingerboards!
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 am

Why don't we get cheap good decks and just give them china trucks and wheels. It will cost less and still will give them something to smile about
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 am

Yeah mikkel and I are actually doing that Kingsley! We're getting some lovedrug decks and temple decks and then mikkel is throwing in some china tape/trucks and then I'll probably buy some china wheels happy
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:42 am

I have got the same enail.
I thought it was pretty cool but I don't think I'll be able to make him any decks as I have a lot to do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:00 am

Yeah
also buy some china tape so if they use them a lot and the tape runs out you can give them two sheets so they don't need to buy any. Ryan doing that this is very good and you should be proud of yourself. well done very happy
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 am

Nice idea Bakko.
Ask him where he is and IP his email, if its the same he's most likely just trying to do a nice thing

EDIT
I'd be happy to make some decks for them,
I'm not sure how well a 33.5 would work out for them though very happy
PM me if you guys need more stuff to send
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:11 am

Maybe buy a tech deck ramp for them to use
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 am

FOR ALL THOSE SETTING UP 'COMPANIES'

^THIS is how to give back to fingerboarding.

Well done guys, good on you. Makes to proud to be a member of this forum when I see stuff like this happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special ed kids needs fingerboards   Special ed kids needs fingerboards Empty

Back to top Go down

Special ed kids needs fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next