Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboarder Magazine gone Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboarder Magazine gone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

Fingerboarder Magazine gone Empty
PostSubject: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am

Well, fingerboarder magazine in a solid state is history. Now to become just another online site..

Fingerboarder Magazine wrote:
Being a little old-school style collectors we have a love for books, printed magazines, and vinyl records, so after the first testing issue in 2009 we decided to continue with the printed magazine and so far 4 issues were released.
The feedback was an overwhelming experience – just like the time & labor and printing costs for a magazine in two language versions!

Channels of distribution were one of the huge challenges making it hard to reach fingerboarders everywhere, no matter how much they wanted to get the magazines and to be honest kids nowadays have a different media-comprehension compared to old-school collectors like us. There is not much space left for printed media in a digital world.
Everyone liked the magazines but rates for shipping overseas automatically sealed some fingerboarders of from getting to see the magazine.

We finished issue 4 and in long meetings decided to put aside our „old-school-nostalgia“ and focus on our primary idea with the magazine.

All we wanted was to reach as many fingerboarders with multifaceted and interesting fingerboard culture.

With other words we will concentrate more on the online version of Fingerboarder Magazine from now on.
It is NOT a news-site!! Others already run fabulous news-sites! We will offer articles, interviews, reportages, in depth-features, checkouts, background information and a lot more.
This way more fingerboarders will be able to read the magazine content and compared to the printed magazine it will be for FREE!

However we are not entirely through with the printed version. We have plans for a few smaller special issues from time to time handed out for free at events and on other occasions.

We are looking forward to these new challenges, a new lap begins and we can`t wait getting to know fingerboarding from yet another perspective – our basic idea with the magazine has not changed a bit! Fingerboarder Magazine is alive – perhaps even more than ever before!

Today we are celebrating the “relaunch” of the existing magazine website with numerous articles from the printed magazines, with a special GRIPSKIN crew check-out, and with new comic art!

We have tons of articles ready and you will be surprised what you will find online in the future!!

Enjoy!

Fingerboarder Magazine gone 793875_10151444619207069_493863575_o

Who could see this coming..lol..it was only a matter of time im afraid! Thaughts?

Things you can touch, feel and treashure is eventually disapearing into thin air. Next up on the list to dissapear in the near future from a solid state is the cd`s, dvd`s and bluray discs. Everything finally goes online in the cloud. All you will need is bandwidth and you are good to go! -> anytime! -> any where!

Do we like it? Is it something we want, or is it all a bit sad? I think it is.. sad
Back to top Go down
MrsKatmus
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MrsKatmus

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

I like that it's more accessible to people, but I get what you mean. Although the stack of magazines in my bedroom is annoying, I'd much prefer that to just a folder of images on my computer. The steady decline of tangible 'items' is saddening.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

^that. Makes me sad I might OT be able to get a copy of issue four as well sad
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 am

^dude I have some on fingersized : o

I'm kind of bummed if this means no issue five as I paid 75 euros for a fingersized advert in it, haha..

seriously though, way more bummed at the loss of this physical copy. I'll never forget how stoked I was first reading issue 1, seeing that from fingerboarding blew my mind. shame this has come to this - some things deserve cluttering up rooms happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 am

^you do?! I tried adding one to my cart when I bought the Blosom and it said they were out of stock! I shall purchase one this afternoon very happy
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 pm

whoa same time as skateboarder magazine announces they will no longer be in print. Magazines are dying! Not cool.
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 pm

damn, i really wish i'd known about this before it died so i could support it a bit. Magazines are the best, only issue is you can't watch a video on one. But there is something special about a photo in how perfect it can be framed and composed - there is little room on the internet for photos or articles it seems. Just videos.

So yeah, a pity :/
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm

I loved the hard-print version, but this is ok, I guess. Now we can't fingerboard on mike Schneider and TKY's faces anymore. wink
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 pm

just ordered magazine 4 of fingersized, shame to see the physical copy go, thought they were awesome. Hope the way it runs on the website goes well though
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm

MrsKatmus wrote:
I like that it's more accessible to people, but I get what you mean. Although the stack of magazines in my bedroom is annoying, I'd much prefer that to just a folder of images on my computer. The steady decline of tangible 'items' is saddening.

Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm surprised they don't go for like a digital magazine you can read as a PDF type thing or on a phone/tablet. I'd pay for something like that in an instant.
Back to top Go down
MrsKatmus
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MrsKatmus

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Kerry, I think they said they were moving to an online version.
Back to top Go down
TomColbert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TomColbert

Companies : Fingerboarding and Skateboarding
Setup : Yellowood Z3, Blackriver Trucks, Winkler Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Shame really, i'd much prefer purchasing and reading a physical copy than scrolling through a web page,
maybe that's just me?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/colbertfb?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarder Magazine gone   Fingerboarder Magazine gone Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboarder Magazine gone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1