Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalCheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Flashbone Bags?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:25 pm

imo, i think its 'flashbones' own fault.

im all for supporting companies that do things right, if they are for the benefit of the people.

flash bones are cool an all, but they are there for one reason. (to make a huge profit)

flashboners will be kicking themselves.....maybe if they sold them at a fair and profitable price this wouldn't have happened.......but some 'company' has seen the gap and exploited it.

i dont feel sorry for flashbone....not at those prices.

but then again, can you buy a flashbone direct??? (not through BRR)??? because you know who puts their 50% on dont you wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Flashbones are ridiculously priced. As Blosom said if they were sold for a fair/ good price this wouldn't have happened.
Back to top Go down
Big Tom.
Supporter
Supporter
Big Tom.

Setup : Red Wolf 31mm Split Ply
Ytrucks x4s
RV White Oaks
Ace Tape/Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:34 pm

id just like to say ive ordered one so ill let u no happy
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 am

wtf.. $1 for the bag, thats dirt cheap! Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 3112022095

If I was to sew this kind of bag on my Brother sewing machine I normaly sew tactical gear on it would cost more just in cordura fabric, velcro, zippers, paracord and nylon mesh alone.......thats crazy!
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:47 am

I think the $1 is just to catch your attention lol
check the shipping tongue
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:53 am

I think I might pick one up. Since I need one.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:54 am

Zink wrote:
I think the $1 is just to catch your attention lol
check the shipping tongue

I was just about to say that. Wow 15 dollar shipping. Real price is 16 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 am

Yeah, I noticed the shipping price too. I always look at the total. $16 is still nice price considering..
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:48 am

At 16$ I might as well support the scene and buy a flashbone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
Big Tom.
Supporter
Supporter
Big Tom.

Setup : Red Wolf 31mm Split Ply
Ytrucks x4s
RV White Oaks
Ace Tape/Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:56 am

ive ordered one and it was only £10.51 rather than 35euros not including postage
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Nah I checked rates, if you want 3, you need to pay 45 shipping..
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Yeah, this is typical ebay listings. Price set low and shipping high to make item look like a bargain to good to be true. Item price + shipping is like the total cost pr item..

These bags seem like somewhat of a alternative to the original Flashbone bag for folks. I would get a original Flashbone if I was into the whole bag thing I think. Bags are nice, but I just have my complete in a random pocket..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Well, $15 dollar for shipping lawlz.

But i just think flashbone buys these bags and put their logo on, because I was in portugal one day, and I saw these bags for plastic boards in a china shop, and they had grey, camo , black so tongue
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 am

sold out
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:51 am

Look at the first post Reppy....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:46 pm

you can get a diabetic bag and they are almost identical to flashbone bags and sold at drugstores for cheap I have used one for years now..
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Flippedoutfb wrote:
you can get a diabetic bag and they are almost identical to flashbone bags and sold at drugstores for cheap I have used one for years now..

Pics?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:49 pm

I got mine today. It's a bit bigger than the real deal and as expected the quality seems a lot lower.

Here is some pics! Fake on the left, flashbone on the right.

Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 SjQrMjg

Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 HdE2L8K

Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 3xJeAJ7

The first difference in quality that i noticed is that the fake bag feels a lot softer.
Other than that the fabric on the fake one isn't as tightly woven as on the flashbone which may cause it to rip easier.

The insides of the flashbone bag is covered in some nice soft fabric. On the fake one it's just a normal cheap material. The flashbone bag is padded and the fake one is not.

The little tool bag is also nicer made on the flashbone bag.

Conclusion:

Both bags are decent, and the Flashbone is definitely expensive. It's kinda the same thing as pro trucks vs. chinas.

The thing is that the fake bag doesn't seem to protect your boards, and it doesn't seem very wear resistant. I have only used my Flashbone bag a very little but it gets scratches from the griptape on my skateboard and rough surfaces around the city.

https://i.imgur.com/Q9Awiae.jpg

The bag still holds up fine and i don't think the fake bag would do that.

I'll put it this way:

Buy the fake bag if you only need a bag to transport your setups in.

Buy a Flashbone bag if you are bringing your bag with you, hanging in your belt loop and want to protect your setups.

Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks for posting this Mikkel! I can tell by the pictures that the real deal is made with durable cordura fabric and the fake is made of some sort of cheap nylon that as you say will tear and ware really fast..

Best bet would be the Flashbone for shure! very happy
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Bakko wrote:
Thanks for posting this Mikkel! I can tell by the pictures that the real deal is made with durable cordura fabric and the fake is made of some sort of cheap nylon that as you say will tear and ware really fast..

Best bet would be the Flashbone for shure! very happy

Correct. My friend has one. I compared them. The cheaper one has a different kind of material that feels softer kinda.
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:15 am

I really like the bag that was on posted on the first post on this thread.

The only thing is that I'm looking for like a hard case fingerboard container which is probably half the size of the bag that was shown on the ebay link.

All I really want is a fingerboard case that is very slim and pretty much only encloses the fingerboard to protect it from stuff.

Does anybody know of any cases like the one I'm describing?

So what I'm looking for is a very tiny and streamline hard fingerboard case which only fits a single fingerboard and nothing else.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 am

Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 560079_10151454564916001_1303787058_n
Here is my hardcase. Modern blues harp players will know what brand and what it is.. Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 2225400551
Back to top Go down
SAM_I_AM
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 4:31 pm

FYI - FlashBone Company does not hold any granted patents for this product therefore patent pending is just a nonsense legal word that actually holds no legal meaning to an individual or corporation in order to deem ownership of any intellectual property rights on said product.
There is no way they could afford to develop it into something its simply not. Yomega actually had a similar carry case made back in 2003 so Flashbone are not the originators here. It is simply a case to hold a product and they chose to run with the high retail price.. Which in general retail terms is the correct thing to do... they may sell less but their profit will be much greater with much less cost of goods sold...

If Flashbone Co wish to stay in the game then they will have to develop new ideas/products!

These copy cases are also not 'Illegal' they have not stolen the brand name so they are not counterfeit. They are just generic.

So rest assured boys and girls! By buying one of these from Ebay you are not funding the dark black market underworlds!
I myself think they are great and will be buying one soon to help keep all the tiny hardware in one place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Flashbone Bags?   Cheap Flashbone Bags? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Flashbone Bags?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next