Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGraphics or No-graphics? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphics or No-graphics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wilco
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Wilco

Companies : Wilco Fingerboarding
Setup : Flatface g13 32mm

Graphics or No-graphics? Empty
PostSubject: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:04 am

I was just wondering what types of decks everyone around here likes. I used to prefer realwear graphic decks but I find they look messy after a while. I like just regular dyed laquered decks now because they are simple and cool. Anyways, do you guys prefer graphics on your decks or just a dye and laquer?
Back to top Go down
http://wilco.bigcartel.com
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:31 am

Split plies cool
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:07 am

Engraves
And depends on graphics, for me.
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:33 am

I don't really know I like both blanks and graphics happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:40 am

I like some dyed Birdseye Maple and Graphics. Also like splits though I've never owned one, would like to though! very happy
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:28 am

I prefer blanks (but it has to be coloured or an epic bottom ply) but I don't mind some graphics, it depends what it is and how well-made the graphic is put onto the deck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
TomColbert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TomColbert

Companies : Fingerboarding and Skateboarding
Setup : Yellowood Z3, Blackriver Trucks, Winkler Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 am

Graphics (not to too tacky though)
OR
Bottom Plies that are nicely coloured and laqered with some detail, ie Plie lines and and other wood features
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/colbertfb?feature=mhum
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

if you bet on graphics the have to be really good, like really, it has to be really epic you know ? like I bought the lowpro asi berlin graphic because..well just look at it lol
blanks are a safe nice bet, but dyed blanks happy
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:17 am

I like splits with a cool picture made like a mountain or a tree. And depends on the graphic.
Back to top Go down
MrsKatmus
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MrsKatmus

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 pm

I flit between graphic and blank decks, depends on my mood. If it's a graphic, I prefer it to be real wear with a nicely coloured bottom ply ( Chris's psychotic Blosom is a good example of this, nice graphic with a deep blue bottom ply very happy). But my bright yellow Zonawood is a beauty as well happy
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 pm

plain maple is basically the best imo, do like some graphics though. Like the eddie blackflag blosom deck and the billy graphic is rad too.
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:00 pm

everything
Back to top Go down
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

Setup : 29mm

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 pm

A reaallyyy colorful graphic or then reaaalllyy beatiful splitply engraved or something
Back to top Go down
Andrew M
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Andrew M

Setup :
Temple 32mm
Nocomply Roll 9s
Longboard trucks
ff team bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:19 pm

i prefer blank decks with a nice colored botom ply.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 am

I think there needs to be some type of graphics on the deck no matter what.

When I get a blank deck with no logo even though the bottom wood ply looks good I just feel as if something is missing overall.

If you look at almost any real skateboarding brand most of them have boards with graphics on them, but even the blacks have some kind of company logo or their name laser branded onto the board.

I just don't like it when I have a board with no name brand on it at all! Because then I'm like what if I forget the company's name? Then how in the heck am I going to know the name brand so I can order another one. Its like going to the store and getting a bottle of soda with no label on it. Who knows what the heck is in that soda...... you just can't trust it.

Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 am

I like blank bottoms most of the time, they look simple. They have to be of a nice colour and exotic wood though. Matching them with graphic trucks, I love.

However, as a graphic designer, I can't neglect graphic decks as well. I probably love them equally, but I just feel that I don't get tired of blanks as quickly, for some odd reason.
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
VeganFingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
VeganFingers

Companies : Fingerboarding, Hockey, Xbox
Setup : Homewood New Mold 32mm
Ytrucks X4's
Oak Wheels RV Black
Lovedrug tape

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:53 am

I used blanks until I wanted a graphic and got a YW, but they arent real-wear and it was kind of a buzz kill so now I'm switching back to blank.

I would really like to see branding of some kind on (mostly) blank decks, like an engraving or stamp or even a small print. Those FF G13's I think would look great with just something to identify it from another blank.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:14 am

I like anything really.
But I don't like some graphics.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:45 am

VeganFingers wrote:
I used blanks until I wanted a graphic and got a YW, but they arent real-wear and it was kind of a buzz kill so now I'm switching back to blank.

I would really like to see branding of some kind on (mostly) blank decks, like an engraving or stamp or even a small print. Those FF G13's I think would look great with just something to identify it from another blank.

Thank you! That's exactly how I feel.

I see a lot of blanks that I just what they are blanks. Sometimes blanks do have like a logo or stamp or something, but then its like on the top of the deck and when you put tape on it then the logo is completely covered up.

A lot of blanks are very beautiful since you can see the wood grain and such, but there needs to be some kind of logo or name printed or branded on the bottom of the deck so you and everyone else knows what company made it.

Just think if you went to some fingerboarding event and they were throwing out a bunch of fingerboards in a crowd. You catch one in midair and take it home and skate it and its the BEST darn fingerboard you have ever used. So you get oneline to buy another one from the same company and guess what... there is no name on the board since it was a blank.

So please if anyone is reading this post who owns a company, please try and put your name brand on the bottom of your blank boards it only helps anyone out.
Back to top Go down
VeganFingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
VeganFingers

Companies : Fingerboarding, Hockey, Xbox
Setup : Homewood New Mold 32mm
Ytrucks X4's
Oak Wheels RV Black
Lovedrug tape

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Pureskate wrote:
VeganFingers wrote:

Thank you! That's exactly how I feel.

I see a lot of blanks that I just what they are blanks. Sometimes blanks do have like a logo or stamp or something, but then its like on the top of the deck and when you put tape on it then the logo is completely covered up.

A lot of blanks are very beautiful since you can see the wood grain and such, but there needs to be some kind of logo or name printed or branded on the bottom of the deck so you and everyone else knows what company made it.

Just think if you went to some fingerboarding event and they were throwing out a bunch of fingerboards in a crowd. You catch one in midair and take it home and skate it and its the BEST darn fingerboard you have ever used. So you get oneline to buy another one from the same company and guess what... there is no name on the board since it was a blank.

So please if anyone is reading this post who owns a company, please try and put your name brand on the bottom of your blank boards it only helps anyone out.

Agreed! very happy
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Yeah, at the very least you should put your name brand on the deck as an identification mark so people know what company made it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics or No-graphics?   Graphics or No-graphics? Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics or No-graphics?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1