Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFlat Face G12 deck review.  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flat Face G12 deck review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sitting on 32s(mm)
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sitting on 32s(mm)

Companies : Finger boarding , skating , video games , school
Setup : G13 32 mm , g6's , dump trucks

Flat Face G12 deck review.  Empty
PostSubject: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 pm

SHIPPING

I had bought from flat face many times before and I have to say each time I was surprised how fast it came and how many stickers my items came with. The shipping is just amazing getting to my house in 4-5 days.

LOOKS

On to the review. The deck at first was the most shinny / glossy deck I have ever owned. The lacquer was thick and made the bottom ply pop. Maybe too thick ....... It was a little uneven , some of the lacquer seeped into the wood grain making some spots uneven. That did not effect the performance of the deck though. The thick coat actually helped the sliding. The bottom ply was pretty nice combined with the shiny lacquer. It was a very dark wood ( not sure what type though ), nothing special but still very pretty. The thing made was really sick was the middle plys. They went Maple , yellow , a very nice teal then yellow again.

CRAFTSMANSHIP

The craftsmanship on the G12 is easily this decks strong point. I already talked about lacquer and how that was but I consider lacquer a aesthetic detail. The holes were perfect , the rounding was great and the sides were sanded down to a perfect edge. Not much else to say except the craftsmanship was nearly perfect.

PERFORMANCE

The deck performed very nice. The deck has solid medium kicks and has less concave than a tech deck. The shapes not to nice on the eyes but trust me the design works. I could do the same tricks on this deck than any other deck I have tried. The kick length is perfect. I can catch my flip tricks and do nollie tricks with steeze. The deck never was soggy and had a nice pop. This is really a deck that you can't abuse and it will still work like new.

Overall

Pros: -Great Pop
-Strong deck construction
-Good shape
-A+ craftsmanship
-pretty
-easy to use

Cons: -Lacquer could use a bit of work
-brighter plys
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 pm

holden? lol
Back to top Go down
Sitting on 32s(mm)
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sitting on 32s(mm)

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:59 pm

What ?
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

any pics?
Back to top Go down
Sitting on 32s(mm)
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sitting on 32s(mm)

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah , I might be able to post the board but the shit snapped a couple days ago.
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 pm

If the deck snapped i think you should write that in the review
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 pm

yeah post some pics.
Back to top Go down
Sitting on 32s(mm)
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sitting on 32s(mm)

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 pm

I snapped that it on purpose because my new g13 came in the mail , it was beat too. The deck was chipped and old. I had the deck over 2 years ago. Just now writing a review.
Back to top Go down
Simon_Quigley
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Simon_Quigley

Setup : finga blue graphic
wides
labs
china

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Sitting on 32s(mm) wrote:
SHIPPING

I had bought from flat face many times before and I have to say each time I was surprised how fast it came and how many stickers my items came with. The shipping is just amazing getting to my house in 4-5 days.

LOOKS

On to the review. The deck at first was the most shinny / glossy deck I have ever owned. The lacquer was thick and made the bottom ply pop. Maybe too thick ....... It was a little uneven , some of the lacquer seeped into the wood grain making some spots uneven. That did not effect the performance of the deck though. The thick coat actually helped the sliding. The bottom ply was pretty nice combined with the shiny lacquer. It was a very dark wood ( not sure what type though ), nothing special but still very pretty. The thing made was really sick was the middle plys. They went Maple , yellow , a very nice teal then yellow again.

CRAFTSMANSHIP

The craftsmanship on the G12 is easily this decks strong point. I already talked about lacquer and how that was but I consider lacquer a aesthetic detail. The holes were perfect , the rounding was great and the sides were sanded down to a perfect edge. Not much else to say except the craftsmanship was nearly perfect.

PERFORMANCE

The deck performed very nice. The deck has solid medium kicks and has less concave than a tech deck. The shapes not to nice on the eyes but trust me the design works. I could do the same tricks on this deck than any other deck I have tried. The kick length is perfect. I can catch my flip tricks and do nollie tricks with steeze. The deck never was soggy and had a nice pop. This is really a deck that you can't abuse and it will still work like new.

Overall

Pros: -Great Pop
-Strong deck construction
-Good shape
-A+ craftsmanship
-pretty
-easy to use

Cons: -Lacquer could use a bit of work
-brighter plys
Back to top Go down
Sitting on 32s(mm)
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sitting on 32s(mm)

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 am

Back to top Go down
MrsKatmus
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MrsKatmus

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I snapped that it on purpose because my new g13 came in the mail , it was beat too. The deck was chipped and old. I had the deck over 2 years ago. Just now writing a review.

You're writing a review for a deck that you've had for two years? And why snap a deck on purpose? Sell/trade it on...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:33 pm

well you're a fucking idiot then
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am

Don't be too harsh guys. Obs snapping a deck is stupid but don't get your knickers in a knot shocked
Back to top Go down
MrsKatmus
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MrsKatmus

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Ollie wrote:
Don't be too harsh guys. Obs snapping a deck is stupid but don't get your knickers in a knot shocked

Sorry if I came across as a bitch. I just genuinely don't understand why you would snap a deck on purpose. Unless the deck was already a little bit snapped...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat Face G12 deck review.    Flat Face G12 deck review.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Flat Face G12 deck review.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1