Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalgetting going in fingerboards Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

getting going in fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
reverendmatt
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
reverendmatt

Setup : 4 corner HC deck

getting going in fingerboards Empty
PostSubject: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 am

hey guys i just joined this site after watching it for a while and getting more into fingerboarding. i know this might get me some bad rep but 3 weeks ago i found my old tech deck and started messing with it and got into looking more into it and found a totally different side to fingerboards and just got my first real deck a week ago it is a 4corner set up plain simple good starter board and have and tech deck ramp and obstacles i made like pallets anyways im wonder where to go next what can i do to upgrade my skills and board and if there is anyone looking to help me out with and tricks i got ollies and kickflips going well but thats about it so thats where i am thanks
Back to top Go down
Big Tom.
Supporter
Supporter
Big Tom.

Setup : Red Wolf 31mm Split Ply
Ytrucks x4s
RV White Oaks
Ace Tape/Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am

Alright dude. best place to look for learning new tricks is youtube. you can try as many set ups til you find your preference. this is a great place to find out fingerboarding news and discuss anything about fingerboarding. look threw the search section before asking questions because most things you want to find out have already been posted.

enjoy fingerboarding. read and learn as much as you can.

take it easy

BIG TOM
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 am

Welcome!

There a few links on the top banner of this forum to various deck makers, distribution sites etc, which id definitely recommend you check out!

As far as trick tips, the fingertips series is really good.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC9940C310C5A4B7B

And also, check out unitefingerboarding.com for news on new products, companies and new videos.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 pm

I seriously recommend Lovedrug for decks, cheap and amazing, and made by one of the coolest dude on this forum, for wheels get sow, and trucks don't matter.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Welcome man! The best place to learn tricks are mainly from youtube. There are LOADS of tutorials that will help you. I would also recommend getting products from companies in the scrolling bar at the top.
Keep fingerboarding!
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Matt I've been fingerboading for many years. I used to just use Techdecks too until I finally went online and saw all the various wooden deck companies.

So far I'm kind of in the phase where I'm still trying out all of the different companies decks just to see what I like and to find the company that is right for me.

As far as tricks go, you know its kind of funny I've read and watched tons of "how to" videos on doing tricks, but they never really have helped me. I honestly just figure out the tricks on my own and master them on my own. The main thing to fingerboarding in my opinion is practice and the want to push ones self to a higher level.

If you want to get good just fingerboard all day long and challenge yourself with new tricks. I used to have a stack of flashcards with trick names on them and I would just go down the stack of cards until I've completed all of the tricks.
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Welcome!
Coffee and donuts are to your left.

To upgrade your skills
Try doing tricks into grinds!

Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Zink wrote:
Welcome!

To upgrade your skills

That. Nothing feels better than the first time you land a kickflip board. Well, until, you land a heel blunt. Well, until you land a....it keeps going. But flip to grind is an awesome feeling happy
Back to top Go down
reverendmatt
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
reverendmatt

Setup : 4 corner HC deck

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am

what is SOW? @huggiemanbearpig and thats not a bad idea @pureskate i think ill make some flashcards too. what about ramps and rails i kinda want to make my own but that would take time and tools i dont really have and that stuff looks pricey pulse shipping those big things and tips on that and are there any places i should avoid all together?
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 am

reverendmatt wrote:
what is SOW? @huggiemanbearpig and thats not a bad idea @pureskate i think ill make some flashcards too. what about ramps and rails i kinda want to make my own but that would take time and tools i dont really have and that stuff looks pricey pulse shipping those big things and tips on that and are there any places i should avoid all together?

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure SOW is setup of the week very happy
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 am

morrowsnow wrote:
reverendmatt wrote:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure SOW is setup of the week very happy

thats sotw,sow is a disto
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:26 am

Practice, Practice, Practice. Are you a (possibly former) skateboarder as well? A lot of the tricks I learned came from knowing how to do them on a skateboard.

Start off with getting your ollie and flip tricks consistent. Make sure that if you're riding regular, you don't need to "pull back" to pop the trick. Most importantly, learn to catch your tricks. This will help immensely with flip tricks both in and out of grinds. It will also give you a nice style boost. You'll also want to get familiar with popping into all types of grinds. This will help later on when you're doing flip tricks into them.

Another thing I should mention is to learn how to do switch tricks. This is a problem with me at the moment, but I'm working on it.

I just started fingerboarding again as well and got my first 4cfb complete last month. Try out some new deck sizes. I prefer 32mm, but some people ride smaller sizes. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:53 am

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
Zink wrote:
Welcome!

To upgrade your skills

That. Nothing feels better than the first time you land a kickflip board. Well, until, you land a heel blunt. Well, until you land a....it keeps going. But flip to grind is an awesome feeling happy
Verry true happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting going in fingerboards   getting going in fingerboards Empty

Back to top Go down

getting going in fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1