Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTrick consistancy  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trick consistancy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xoibsurferx
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Small Stripes Lawn Care
Setup : FlatFace G12 deck
FlatFace G6 wheels
FlatFace teflon bushings
Dump trucks

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 am

Hello everyone!,

I haven't been on in awhile and haven't been fingerboarding in awhile. I've been busy working and spending time with my kids but have some free time before the lawn care season starts.

Currently I can ollie really well and consistent, shuv-it, kickflip but not consistent, heelflip but not consistent, varial kickflip not consistant, etc...

How can I get these tricks dialed and more consistent? Is there a trick to it or just practice practice practice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallstripeslawncare.com
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:47 am

Just keep on practicing them is what I do happy
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 am

xoibsurferx wrote:
Hello everyone!,

I haven't been on in awhile and haven't been fingerboarding in awhile. I've been busy working and spending time with my kids but have some free time before the lawn care season starts.

Currently I can ollie really well and consistent, shuv-it, kickflip but not consistent, heelflip but not consistent, varial kickflip not consistant, etc...

How can I get these tricks dialed and more consistent? Is there a trick to it or just practice practice practice?

You just have to become "one with the board" so to speak. Keep on trying tricks until you literally just get them down. Put your fingers in different places, try flicking it different and so on.

Also you have kids at age 22, wow, I don't even have a girlfriend and I'm older. Yeah, not having a girlfriend sucks.

afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
xoibsurferx
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

FlatFace G6 wheels
FlatFace teflon bushings
Dump trucks

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 am

Pureskate wrote:
xoibsurferx wrote:
Hello everyone!,

You just have to become "one with the board" so to speak. Keep on trying tricks until you literally just get them down. Put your fingers in different places, try flicking it different and so on.

Also you have kids at age 22, wow, I don't even have a girlfriend and I'm older. Yeah, not having a girlfriend sucks.

afro afro afro

I used to be really good when I was younger (middle school-mid high school) and had tons of tricks very consistent but now its a whole different world with the new board (Flatface G12) vs the techdecks I used to use back in the day. FBing really has evolved over the years.

I have twins actually (boy/girl) and it definitely makes you grow up quick. I own a lawn care business and that keeps me busy a lot.
Back to top Go down
xoibsurferx
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

FlatFace G6 wheels
FlatFace teflon bushings
Dump trucks

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:11 am

With about 20 minutes of practice I can get 10 kick flips (no rollback) in a row at a decent height and control. Ollies I can get as many as I want in a row with no roll back. Pop shuv its are not wanting to go my way for some reason. I can shuv it easily but not "pop" shuv it. Its weird. Also my arms seems to get stiff really quick.

Once I get the kickflip mastered I'll move to the pop shuv it and get it 10 in a row, etc...Is this the right way to do it to get consistent with everything?
Back to top Go down
Syn
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Syn

Setup : OG 32mm
Tech Deck Wides
Oak Wheels
Witchcrafts

Lefty

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:24 pm

One word. Practice.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Watch Fingertips, and yeah, practice!
Back to top Go down
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:28 pm

It took me 6 months to completely get down the kickflip cleanly and consistent. The ollie took about 5 days. The tre took about 3 weeks. So here's a tip: Try to flick at different times, and feel if you are doing it right. Maybe slide your finger up a certain way, just experiment to find your own way.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:30 pm

I love my kickflips.

Trick consistancy  JMJrgFt
Trick consistancy  Fgkylum
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm

just pppppppprrrraaacccctttiiiiicccceeeee
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:17 pm

remember where you put your fingers and apply even pressure.

thats how i do it, i have most of my tricks dialed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trick consistancy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick consistancy    Trick consistancy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Trick consistancy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1