Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalthoughts on nose longer than tail etc Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thoughts on nose longer than tail etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

thoughts on nose longer than tail etc Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 pm

ok so since ive been gone and come back the shape of fingerboards has changed ALOT, when i left they had only just made it so nose was slightly higher than the tail, and now we have nose longer and higher and tail is way more rounded, why is this? i can only see it reducing the performance not making it better, and if its about making it look like skateboards then its not working very well haha please enlighten me? very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:33 pm

personally I don't care about realism, although it's cool I'd rather have a good performance setup than a realistic one
also it's about preference most times when a deck has those type of characteristics it's because the owner likes it that way, it's also useful to tell which is which but idk it's all good for me if it performs well
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I think some companies take it to an extreme, like Berlinwood, Yellowood, etc but when done right it works well. 2mm shorter tail is the absolute most I think anyone should make it, but I think my berlinwood wide low is like 3.5mm, so it does look a bit ridiculous. As for the shape and the nose being higher, I don't think it should be any more than 1-2 degree difference, if any difference at all. As for it not looking like a skateboard, well, it's not perfectly scaled, and if you think about it, skateboards look a lot like the homewood M1 usually, so if it isn't like that, it isn't going to be very realistic to me. I don't think I know of any skateboards that have a ridiculously deep concave and high kicks. Wen you compare high kicks on a skateboard to hi kicks on a fingerboard, there isn't even a similarity between proportions or anything. Just my opinion on this, but yeah. tongue
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:11 pm

My Flatface G13 has a nose thats just a bit longer than the tail, which is what I prefer.
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:20 pm

I like it the same length.
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

Setup : Custom Homewood deck 30mm, China trucks, china wheels.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Ken .I wrote:

So do I, why can't we just have symmetrical decks?
Back to top Go down
http://eavorclear.tumblr.com
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:35 pm

I think the steeper nose just gives a much more solid nollie? shocked I prefer a steeper nose, but hate it when it's crazy long. Like 1mm longer is fine just so that it's easier to tell the nose and tail apart.
Back to top Go down
billydan224
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
billydan224

Setup : deck:roswells rd-2
trucks:roswell trucks
wheels:roswells bearing wheels
grip:riptape
Tuning:riptape

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm

i like the nose longeer than the tail
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 pm

yeah it makes no sence to me xD

i personally prefer them symetrical, nose and tail can be comfirmed by tape, and whats the rounding for? like YW and BW have wierd ass tail rounding its pointy as fuck and the nose is square as fuck lmao, never known a Skateboard to have that
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Love the yellowood z3 shape
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:03 pm

DarianN wrote:

Thank you for contributing. tongue
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:17 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:
DarianN wrote:

thoughts on nose longer than tail etc Post-count

(thanks danny wink )
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Harvey Glynn wrote:
GunnerBoser wrote:
DarianN wrote:

(thanks danny wink )

I said that because he didn't really contribute and it just felt as though he was just getting a post up, but I can see how you thought I was doing that as well. I was simply being sarcastic, haha.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Okie, lets fix up my post a bit now.
It all comes down to preference, I think it's stupid for you to say that all decks that aren't your preference suck (that's pretty much what you're saying). I understand BW and YW's and all other top companies aren't your preference and when people say their favorite decks are BW's or YW's they get shit for it, but I have yet to find a company that is shaped like a Yellowood, and personally, I love their decks. I'm not sure how to boxy roundings contribute to how they perform, but I love the feel of boxy roundings over super 'rounded rounded ones' lmao, I don't know how to explain it tbh.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:51 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:
Harvey Glynn wrote:
GunnerBoser wrote:
DarianN wrote:

(thanks danny wink )

I said that because he didn't really contribute and it just felt as though he was just getting a post up, but I can see how you thought I was doing that as well. I was simply being sarcastic, haha.
it wasnt aimed at you brother haha it was aimed at darian, but not in a vicious way just having a laugh

DarianN wrote:
Okie, lets fix up my post a bit now.
It all comes down to preference, I think it's stupid for you to say that all decks that aren't your preference suck (that's pretty much what you're saying). I understand BW and YW's and all other top companies aren't your preference and when people say their favorite decks are BW's or YW's they get shit for it, but I have yet to find a company that is shaped like a Yellowood, and personally, I love their decks. I'm not sure how to boxy roundings contribute to how they perform, but I love the feel of boxy roundings over super 'rounded rounded ones' lmao, I don't know how to explain it tbh.

im not saying all decks arnt my preference haha just confused at the new style of fingerboards
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:03 am

I like my decks to have a steeper and longer nose. Stubby little tail, big chode of a nose. Makes the deck more versatile, and gives me more options for finger placement. My Compiny has a good big nose, and is a med-high nose as opposed to a low tail. Lovely. Took some getting used to, BT it's helped my flips a LOT.
Back to top Go down
Murdock
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Murdock

Setup : wide decks
med kicks/concave
loose but firm trucks

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:42 pm

/\ Agreed. I wasn't a fan of the short tail long nose at first, I was worried about my already bad tail slides. personally, I'm in it for the realism (scaled down skateboards/tricks) so it still has to be convincing looks wise to me. -__-
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm personally a fan of symmetrical decks.

Eavorclear wrote:
Ken .I wrote:

So do I, why can't we just have symmetrical decks?

You can. Custom deck makers can do them.

Also, Close Up decks are symmetrical.

Harvey Glynn wrote:
yeah it makes no sence to me xD

i personally prefer them symetrical, nose and tail can be comfirmed by tape, and whats the rounding for? like YW and BW have wierd ass tail rounding its pointy as fuck and the nose is square as fuck lmao, never known a Skateboard to have that

To be fair, pretty much all of my skateboard decks have been like this. I skated for quite a bit but I actually see the benefits of having them as normal and nollie tricks are more comfortable.

I just prefer something symmetrical where any trick on any kick is good because any time you do tricks that turn the board around, you might have the urge to turn it back before you do the next trick. This goes for skateboarding and fingerboarding for me.
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

Setup : Custom Homewood deck 30mm, China trucks, china wheels.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Xi wrote:

I just prefer something symmetrical where any trick on any kick is good because any time you do tricks that turn the board around, you might have the urge to turn it back before you do the next trick. This goes for skateboarding and fingerboarding for me.

I agree, I always wondered why manufactures made the decks that way.
Symmetrical decks make more sense. People always made fun of me for using whichever side of the board I wanted, people thought it was weird to use your nose as a tail, but it really didn't matter to me.
Back to top Go down
http://eavorclear.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on nose longer than tail etc   thoughts on nose longer than tail etc Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts on nose longer than tail etc

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1