Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortaljust read - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just read

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zach
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Zach

Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Flatface wheels

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 pm

floppyfingers wrote:
I don't even own a box one,its too much for me when I could buy a china deck of that price!BRR is good quality but the prices are ridiculous.1500 euros for a park? puh-lease I could buy an apple mac of that price.

The thing is you would get way more enjoyment out of a brr box 1 than a china deck
Back to top Go down
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

Setup : Temple
BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 pm

In my main set up I have a china deck (soon to be a berlinwood classic)and I get so much fun out of it.Fingerboarding isn't about the quality always,its about how you do it and how you feel about it
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 pm

floppyfingers wrote:
In my main set up I have a china deck (soon to be a berlinwood classic)and I get so much fun out of it.Fingerboarding isn't about the quality always,its about how you do it and how you feel about it

just read - Page 2 Tumblr_m5c0ezr3pA1qf66kl

You must be new here happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm

appleyard14 wrote:
Well the comment about overhead and operations costs are irrelevant. As I said Woodywood Fvcker has those costs as well and there packaging is handmade plexiglass and wood casing to ensure the trucks safety when shipped. Its not like Woodywood Fvckers are free to make by any means. As for events, I could care less, they've never had a canadian one so why would I give a shit about events? Is it my resonsibility to pay a couple grand to get to whereever BATH is? Well thats not happening. I could care less about what they do for the scene, cause they dont do ANYTHING for my scene. Thats all great if you live somewhere where they do but here in canada they are just overpriced con artists with such a good reputation that there name just cant seem to be tarnished. Have fun being a brr zombie.
seriously ? you're waiting for brr o organise an event outside your house ? dude BRR doesn't organise events all over the world
FINGERBOARDERS DO Blackriver just supports them, MuN was Organised by a UK fingerboarder (forgot his name) BRR supported him by sending him stuff, if you want an event organise it with fellow fingerboarders in your area, and then e-mail brr to see if they would send you something
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 pm

You guys forget that a lot of people don't mind paying the prices BRR charges because they love the hobby. People could easily say the same about paying that much money for a Mac if they aren't into computers. Different people are going to have different opinions on these things. Also if BRR is trying to be an actual business then of course they're going to charge more so they can stay open and produce things at the rate that they currently are.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
China companies are growing ..

Which means fingerboarding is slowly dying.

Stop the cancer! Support companies with values.
This
Back to top Go down
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I've known about this thread since december 2011 so I'm not exactly new   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 pm

skeep222 wrote:
floppyfingers wrote:

Back to top Go down
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

And is this how your meant to treat new members.PS. Sorry for double post I'm using my crappy phone
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

I feel that fingerboarding is growing, but because so many people are stupid, or naive, that they buy from china companies, claiming to be the best. It does stink though, and I hope it stops soon
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

Setup : Custom Homewood deck 30mm, China trucks, china wheels.

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm

China is great for a beginner to try out a deck, no big deal, really.
I almost got a china deck myself when I started.
I didn't know if I wanted to drop more than 20 bucks on a deck alone.
You just support the scene which, in my opinion, NEEDS to grow when you buy a deck made with the love and care of an actual company.
Back to top Go down
http://eavorclear.tumblr.com
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Why does everyone hate how they perform anyway?I mean I know why all the owners of like say skull fb are douches but I don't see what's so bad about them.My mother says you get what your given LOL.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 pm

floppyfingers wrote:
Why does everyone hate how they perform anyway?I mean I know why all the owners of like say skull fb are douches but I don't see what's so bad about them.My mother says you get what your given LOL.
it's not about the deck itself, it's about people who buy them and then sell them extremely overpriced, killing the scene, I haven't heard bad things about chian decks, they're good for a beginner, but not if you buy them at like 25€
Back to top Go down
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 pm

I know what you mean but I mean by like performance people always complain about how this deck has no pop or these trucks are rubbish its just fingerboarding for goodness sake people in africa are dying while your complaining about how not crap this deck is its better than nothing.Also I've been supporting the scene since I was around five years old so I know how the china companies are ruining everything and I'm 11 years old.
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 pm

floppyfingers wrote:
skeep222 wrote:
floppyfingers wrote:

Back to top Go down
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 pm

LOL Matty, you never cease to make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
appleyard14 wrote:
Well the comment about overhead and operations costs are irrelevant. As I said Woodywood Fvcker has those costs as well and there packaging is handmade plexiglass and wood casing to ensure the trucks safety when shipped. Its not like Woodywood Fvckers are free to make by any means. As for events, I could care less, they've never had a canadian one so why would I give a shit about events? Is it my resonsibility to pay a couple grand to get to whereever BATH is? Well thats not happening. I could care less about what they do for the scene, cause they dont do ANYTHING for my scene. Thats all great if you live somewhere where they do but here in canada they are just overpriced con artists with such a good reputation that there name just cant seem to be tarnished. Have fun being a brr zombie.
seriously ? you're waiting for brr o organise an event outside your house ? dude BRR doesn't organise events all over the world
FINGERBOARDERS DO Blackriver just supports them, MuN was Organised by a UK fingerboarder (forgot his name) BRR supported him by sending him stuff, if you want an event organise it with fellow fingerboarders in your area, and then e-mail brr to see if they would send you something

So where have brr been for every canadian event? There is one every year and smaller ones throughout the year. Brr is nowhere to be found for any of them. Unless there is alot of people going to said events brr doesnt care. Its not enough marketing for them if theres 10-15 people showing up.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:06 pm

^don't get how sponsoring events is marketing lol, but yeah it's true they don't sponsor all events
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 pm

This whole "support the scene" bullshit that everyone has been saying for 5 years really is a hollow statement. I am here supporting the scene without brr. I am on the forums everyday, making videos, supporting small deck companies who I respect and respect what they stand for (pure), and I have found 3 other fingerboarders in my city who I now sesh with and one is even my roomate now. Being anti brr doesnt mean you dont support the scene. In fact I think brr is apart of the spreading cancer. I can think of so many non china companies that are making everything they make cheaper:
no comply wheels are much more affordable than winklers
woodywood fvcker trucks (already mentioned) are cheaper than brr
every single board company on the banner above is cheaper than a berlinwood
aphlikshun ramps are very affordable and underrated

all of these companies are on the quality level of brr products, so if quality really was what you were paying for I would agree, but I find it hard to see when all of these affordable products work just as well, and I can honestly say this because I have tried every single one of these products. Brr is as corporate as techdeck and as popular as china. But no change will ever come because as Ryan said people ARE willing to pay these prices. So really maybe the problem lies with the consumer. Its just a shame more people arent willing to take a stand against brr and support something else UNTIL something changes on their end.
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
^don't get how sponsoring events is marketing lol, but yeah it's true they don't sponsor all events

Then I am afraid you do not understand how business works. Have you ever been at the supermarket and gotten a free sample of a new product? It is indeed free in hopes you will purchase it after trying it for yourself. Brr gets to show there no doubt well made products that are also very popular at these events. Guess how many people have there next fingerboard purchase planned out when they leave an event? Tons. Thats marketing.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:11 pm

appleyard14 wrote:
Luis Correia wrote:

Then I am afraid you do not understand how business works. Have you ever been at the supermarket and gotten a free sample of a new product? It is indeed free in hopes you will purchase it after trying it for yourself. Brr gets to show there no doubt well made products that are also very popular at these events. Guess how many people have there next fingerboard purchase planned out when they leave an event? Tons. Thats marketing.
yes I get that but do you really think BRR needs it ? everyone says their products are perfect and all of that if people don't buy them it is either because they don't want to or they can't afford to
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:15 pm

If they didnt need it then why are people losing there jobs? Isnt that what this thread was originally about? And if you read back a few people have talked about there quality not being up to par. I have had major problems with the last brr things I purchased (about 6 months ago) and brr wouldnt even answer my emails to get it figured out. Every company needs it, thats how businesses are run. If they didnt need it then why do they do it?
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 pm

^no I mean they don't need to spread their products, everyone already knows about them
I know that not all BRR obstacles are good,, but that's the words out there, they always send the best obstacles craftsmanship wise to the big reviewers like Kerry per example, then everybody thinks all obstacles are perfect, all that matters is what most people think, they will later probably buy.
with that I can't argue, shitty customer service is definitely not why I support BRR
it seems kinda pointless arguing with you appleyard, we both have different points of view, I respect yours
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
^no I mean they don't need to spread their products, everyone already knows about them
I know that not all BRR obstacles are good,, but that's the words out there, they always send the best obstacles craftsmanship wise to the big reviewers like Kerry per example, then everybody thinks all obstacles are perfect, all that matters is what most people think, they will later probably buy.
with that I can't argue, shitty customer service is definitely not why I support BRR
it seems kinda pointless arguing with you appleyard, we both have different points of view, I respect yours

I understand what you are saying and yes for the most part people do know about brr who fingerboard. However, knowing about them and purchasing from them are two different things. For example, I know about toy machine skateboards, and have for years. Never purchased one. My friend got one last year and the shape looked great, almost persuaded me to buy one and at some point I think I still will purchase one.

So, I'll put it into perspective in fingerboarding. Kid who obviously knows all of brr and there products but has never purchased anything goes to an event with his china setup. Trys someones berlinwood with brts and winks. Performs better then his china obviously and he has finally gotten that push he needed to pull the trigger and save up for those brr products. Its not about get the brr name to spread its about indirect sales. I have been in professional sales for 5 years so I understand the business aspect of brrs moves in the fingerboard game.

As you can see its not always just traditional marketing and "getting your name out there" (which to me is kind of an expression not an action.) but yes you are right we very well may never see eye to eye on the subject and I gotta respect your opinion because after all this is a forum where free speech and opinions are allowed (I think).
I just hope the mass opinions start to change so we see some positive change from brr consumer wise.
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 pm

floppyfingers wrote:

floppyfingers wrote:
I know what you mean but I mean by like performance people always complain about how this deck has no pop or these trucks are rubbish its just fingerboarding for goodness sake people in africa are dying while your complaining about how not crap this deck is its better than nothing.Also I've been supporting the scene since I was around five years old so I know how the china companies are ruining everything and I'm 11 years old.

Hmm... I don't know.. Maybe you just didn't read the first post or something...?

China decks and china companies that mass produce fingerboards and sell them to people like yourself after the reason that our good friend Thomas is now unemployed. And if you've really been supporting the scene since you were 5... You wouldn't be riding a china deck.

And frankly, Yes. Kids are dying in Africa. But please, tell me what the hell you're going to do about 'for goodness sake'. We live in a first world country, and Africa is a third world country. Want to help them out? Fine. Go hire an army of inspired 11 year olds and spread democracy, and free will to African countries that are currently deadlocked in high states of tension and turmoil. See how well that works out for you.
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:57 pm

floppyfingers wrote:
skeep222 wrote:
floppyfingers wrote:

He had a valid point, fingerboarding is about fingerboarding, not about buying things. Don't jump on someone just because they're new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

just read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just read   just read - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

just read

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next