Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNeed help with filming skateboarding Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with filming skateboarding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

Setup : Temple
BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

Need help with filming skateboarding Empty
PostSubject: Need help with filming skateboarding   Need help with filming skateboarding EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Ok so I probably have the most unknown camera (JVC Everio MS95SEK) and I'm new to filming.I can't afford a fisheye atm and I'm really confused on how to film well
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Need help with filming skateboarding   Need help with filming skateboarding EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 pm

You Kinda need a fisheye to film in the conventional way... But you could just do long lens for now. Just be difficult to follow the skater and/or do lines
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Need help with filming skateboarding   Need help with filming skateboarding EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Check out a series called 'In Focus' on the RIDE channel on youtube. Tells you all the tips and tricks and how to get nice footage .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8XMxwaixY0&list=PL6127F57BA3448E57&index=8

I think you can get fisheye filters pretty cheap, they are pretty crucial in filming skateboarding. As it allows you to get very close to the skater.

I dont really know that much about filming skateboarding but i hope this kinda helped. Just check out some stuff on youtube and the videos that they have on the ride channel.
Back to top Go down
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

Setup : Temple
BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with filming skateboarding   Need help with filming skateboarding EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Yah I've watched that series but it doesn't really help me because I have a camcorder but I can still use a long lens.Do you know any cheap places for around 60 pounds maybe?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need help with filming skateboarding   Need help with filming skateboarding EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 pm

who cares about the camera as long as the quality is decent i mean lurknyc is my favorite channel and the filmer uses a vhs camera, same with palace skateboards! and amazon/ebay, just find out the size of your lens ring thing and if you cant find a fisheye the right size just get a step up/down ring to the right size. I got my camcorder and fisheye for £20, but you can pick a decent fisheye up on ebay for like 40 quid new. also a handle probably helps with stableness.
just film how you like and what you think looks good.

Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Need help with filming skateboarding   Need help with filming skateboarding EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 pm

definetly get a fisheye, for now until you can afford one get a cheap tripod for long lens. Long lens filming stability will be your friend. get as close to the skater as you can without losing any part of the body feet head board or obstacle in the frame. A tripod with a handle is ideal so you can pan. Leave the zoom alone on an everio. They are touchy and if your not tripoded up it will get shaky as hell. Here is an example of bad long lens filming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA2DVmPTw9o
and heres some good shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-97uG7k95M

As for filming lines, fuck, haha its hard to make it look good without a fisheye. Practice I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with filming skateboarding   Need help with filming skateboarding Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with filming skateboarding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1