Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sneaker Enthusiasts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

Setup : Custom Homewood deck 30mm, China trucks, china wheels.

Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 pm

If you're into shoes man, you should check out the magazine I write for. A lot of it is about sneakers.

Comatosemag.com
Back to top Go down
http://eavorclear.tumblr.com
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Just wondering guys, what do you do if you can't find the shoe in your size? shocked
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

"Size swap"
If you're well into the sneaker community you can just buy a pair a bit bigger/smaller then post on forums/instagram asking to swap sizes.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 am

Danny Hynam wrote:
Just wondering guys, what do you do if you can't find the shoe in your size? shocked

Actually this is very easily solved, you take a sharps knife and carve your feet, the only thing that could make this method stupid is how you would obviously stain the insides of your shoes unless you wear thick socks. I've actually done this many different times, it is extremely helpful.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:31 am

huggiemanbearpig wrote:
Danny Hynam wrote:

Actually this is very easily solved, you take a sharps knife and carve your feet, the only thing that could make this method stupid is how you would obviously stain the insides of your shoes unless you wear thick socks. I've actually done this many different times, it is extremely helpful.
this is funny because in the Bones episode I watched earlier there was a chick that cut her toe to fit on these sandals for her wedding
Eavor Clear, I'll check it out and probably add it to my favourites next to all the other mags I read haha very happy
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 am

I have a $25 shoes. Does that make me a sneakerhead? It lasted me 2 years and going. Jokes aside, I really don't like kicks that much. I don't have money, that's why. It would be cool to have a couple of these.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:01 am

^so what ? My dad doesn't let me buy expensive shoes either because he's afraid they might be stolen but that doesn't mean I can't be pumped about new drops and check blogs daily for news about something I like.
I wish I lived in Portland, Tom there's the Air Max 90's you want on the Nike Emplyee Store in Portland for 60$
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 Nike-roshe-run-id-yeezy-2-pure-platinum-6
Roshe Yezzy 2 edition cool
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:34 pm

I don't understand how someone would get so hyped about something that was made in a sweatshop and isn't worth the price tag. Sure it's cool to say that your shoes are 90,000 dollars or something but is it about being "fly and cool" and of course materialistic or buying a quality shoe?
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:55 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:
I don't understand how someone would get so hyped about something that was made in a sweatshop and isn't worth the price tag. Sure it's cool to say that your shoes are 90,000 dollars or something but is it about being "fly and cool" and of course materialistic or buying a quality shoe?
lol have you even read the slightes bit of this thread ? we were JUST talking about overpriced shoes and how Roshe hype came along because of their comfort and small price -.-
and we can like whatever we want if you don't understand why or don't like it don't post, simple as that
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
we can like whatever we want if you don't understand why or don't like it don't post, simple as that
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:

It's not really about "looking fly" or the price. Well, not to me at least.
Sneakers are a niche culture and hobby like fingerboarding.
And you best believe that there are some similarities between the two cultures.
Anyways, every sneaker, like every fingerboard, is a work of art and there's usually a story behing the design or maker of the shoe.

Take the Air Jordan Spiz'ike shoes for instance, the Spiz'ikes were created to commemorate Spike Lee's commitment to the Air Jordan brand.

Or the Nike SB P-Rod X Jordan collaboration.
Paul Rodriguez is a huge sneakerhead, so he took it upon himself to release a special edition shoe that took different parts of different Air Jordans and made it one of his signature shoes.

Just a few examples, but if you really want to understand then you can watch "Just For Kicks" on Netflix.
It started as a need to "Look fly" but it turned into so much more.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
GunnerBoser wrote:
lol have you even read the slightes bit of this thread ? we were JUST talking about overpriced shoes and how Roshe hype came along because of their comfort and small price -.-
and we can like whatever we want if you don't understand why or don't like it don't post, simple as that

Why take such offense to this? It's a forum, people post things containing an opinion.

Also, Eavor, thanks for the civilized and good response/explanation. Makes more sense to me now.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:
Luis Correia wrote:
GunnerBoser wrote:

Why take such offense to this? It's a forum, people post things containing an opinion.

Also, Eavor, thanks for the civilized and good response/explanation. Makes more sense to me now.
Gunner you made two points that were JUST talked about in previous pages in a 5 page thread, I didn't take offence, I just found your post to be dumb
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:39 pm

I picked up the Grapes today!
Another great color way to add to my collectiion! very happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:58 pm

damn, you lucky man
Wish I could pick some up :/
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Interesting , I understand why people have been designing grape themed shirts layely haha
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 4:17 pm

yeah, the grape fever kind of went over board lol
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Pfft, dude. EVERYTIME a colorway drops Jordan puts that shit on EVVVERYTHING. Lol.
There are grape Team Jordans, Grape trunners, etc. I remembered when they did the 3M colorway with the Spiz'ike and the Melo M9.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 6:24 pm

yeah but normally people don't take it that far as Jordan Brand, with the grapes there were like fits and paintings and shit
Eavorclear can you post a pic of your collection ? I'd love to see it man happy
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Sure thing, man! I'll do it when I get home.. Do you want individual pics or everything at once?
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 6:49 pm

depends on the size of it, but I don't wanna bother you so an overall pic would be perfect man!
thanks happy
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:14 pm

I'll try my best. Lol, it might be like two pictures.
I have a pretty large collection but not too big so it can be done.
Back to top Go down
TomColbert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TomColbert

Companies : Fingerboarding and Skateboarding
Setup : Yellowood Z3, Blackriver Trucks, Winkler Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 Adidas_originals_gazelle_indoor_spring_2012_1
Just won these for £8 on ebay, so happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/colbertfb?feature=mhum
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:27 pm

^that's such a steal dude, gratz!
speaking od Adidas, I love the crazyquick's so much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneaker Enthusiasts?   Sneaker Enthusiasts? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sneaker Enthusiasts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Non Fingerboard Discussion :: Off Topics-