Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBuilding Halfpipe! PICTURES! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Torroija
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Torroija

Setup : 4 Corner FLT Complete
(Just started getting back into FB but not as serious as before.)

Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! Empty
PostSubject: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm building a half pipe and I've basically never did any wood projects ever! I have my dad to help me but any tips just in case because I'm pretty sure he's not an expert on fingerboard ramps.

It pretty big and I'm super glad I decided to make this! It really just takes common sense, wood glue, hammer, and some small 5/8" Wire nails.

I much rather build my obstacles instead of the overpriced blackriver. Trust me, if you really wanted to, your craftsmanship can just as good or better than blackriver. If you dedicate enough time It'll only take you a couple of days to finish whatever your doing.

Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! Image_10 Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! Image_11

Last edited by Torroija on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:46 pm

Pictures!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:45 pm

I think the options are bendy mdf or veneer. veneer is harder but overall perhaps better happy
Back to top Go down
keiranclen
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
keiranclen

Setup : Skate grip
OG Deck
TD LB trucks
FF G6 wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:07 pm

You can get flexi-ply or cut strips of wood out and stick them on an cover it all in veneer, or u could just leave it as it is happy like this http://radramps.bigcartel.com/product/laddertexture-quaterpipe happy notice the strips of wood? but yea i'd put veneer over it so it's a bit smoother and looks nicer
Back to top Go down
Torroija
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Torroija

Setup : 4 Corner FLT Complete
(Just started getting back into FB but not as serious as before.)

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Like how thick veneer do you mean? Not the kind like on fingerboards right?
Back to top Go down
keiranclen
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
keiranclen

Setup : Skate grip
OG Deck
TD LB trucks
FF G6 wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 pm

umm, i dunno, i'd just say normal fingerboard veneer and if not u can always add another layer tongue
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 pm

you should be fine with 1/16 thickness.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 am

If there are local companies that make furniture near you they may have the Bending Plywood (Flexply, Wacky Wood and Wiggle wood) you are looking for. If you ask them I am shure they could have a scrap piece you could get quite cheap or even completely free for your project.

This is a link to the product that works the best:
http://packardforestproducts.com/products/plywood/hardwood-plywood/bending-plywood/#sthash.DP3pc2FY.dpbs

Looking good so far.. happy
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 am

There is a tool which curves normal plywood. My father said to me that's what he uses to curve wood. Never saw it though so I can't be sure. Your best bet is following what has been mentioned above
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!   Building Halfpipe! PICTURES! Empty

Back to top Go down

Building Halfpipe! PICTURES!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1