Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm

I busted my front teeth skating so now i just do it for the speed and cruising happy
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I skated for about 12 or 13 years on and off, fingerboarded for around 10 on and off.
Skateboarding introduced me to fingerboarding.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:03 pm

i started skating not long ago!
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 pm

I longboard but Tech Deck actually introduced me to skating so Im opposite
but I don't like skateboarding that much I more like cruising and longboarding.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Im not sure which came first but im way more into skating than fingerboarding, probably because none of my friends fingerboard and most of my friends skate
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 pm

My dad skates, which I am pretty sure inspired me to skate and fingerboard. I skate, but I am pretty bad. I can kickflip/heelflip/shuvit but I can't do big stuff yet. I am definitely progressing though. I snowskate, and snowboard as well, and my dad surfs ahaha. He is probably the coolest dad's out there, he got kicked out of skate spots when they used planks of wood and roller blades for trucks and wheels. Pretty original haha.
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:58 pm

I picked up fingerboarding about two years after I started skateboarding. I don't really skate much anymore, but I just picked up fingerboarding again recently. It's nice being able to try a trick for a few hours without fear of getting hurt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 am

GunnerBoser wrote:
I can't afford skating but I definitely would if I could. I used to but lately I haven't had any money or parents wanting to buy me things. Soon I will start again though.

this
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:33 am

i skate
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:10 am

Mikkel S wrote:
Danny Hynam wrote:
I skate, but I'm pretty shit at it, haha.

I have been skating for around 10 years. I still dont have any flip tricks down. I don't ollie, grind or slide anything thats worth mentioning. But skateboarding is so fun. Just cruising around, trying for a few tricks. Feeling the wheels on the surface you ride.

This is me.

I skate too. Started in 2003 although due to British weather, I am forced to take Winter breaks (no garage, small town with pretty much no undercover spots, nearest indoor skatepark is in another city and also expensive and completely not my style). I have never got flip tricks down but I just enjoy skating so it's never really bothered me.

I've got a skateboard YouTube link in my sig but haven't updated it in a while.

I actually started fingerboarding in 2000-ish but started skating when my friends started.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:35 am

My board got robbed..and i cant afford new stuff :3 cos my parents dont like skating...right now I dont even know where my fingerboard is..so I might aswell quit..both
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:28 am

Noel wrote:
My board got robbed..and i cant afford new stuff :3 cos my parents dont like skating...right now I dont even know where my fingerboard is..so I might aswell quit..both

Thats the spirit! Love the positive vibes!
Back to top Go down
Pete76
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pete76

Companies : The Norwood Project.

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 am

I had to stop skateboarding after about 25 years cos of my knees and an ankle that can dislocate by itself, still got a set up that teases me every now and again though.

I was lucky, I got to hang out with some serious heads and knew enough people that I could always go to the demo's and skate instead of having to stand at the side and watch.

Hopefully this summer I can get to rolling around again at least, I've got a local park I've been eyeing up that's quiet during the day and a monster of an ankle support so I'll see how that goes soon wink

I've always loved skateboarding and never stopped thinking about it, it's what got me into fingerboarding in the first place so when I couldn't get out on a full size I just started fingerboarding more and more to compensate.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thenorwoodproject.co.uk
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:17 pm

I can ollie......
Back to top Go down
BeastPants
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BeastPants

Companies : BeastPants
Setup : BeastPants (Feral) BubblegumIcecream FurStripe 33mm: +7 Agility
Blue Motion Oaks: +4 attack speed
FBS: +6 accuracy
Bright White BRTs Wide: +5 stamina, +2 dodge
Black Witchcrafts: Demonic forces cloak you in shadow, rendering you invisible for a short period. Attacks gain +6 bleed until effect wears off. 2 minute cool down.

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:36 am

I started skating when I was in 3rd grade. I used to imagine I was skateboarding with just my fingers by themselves so when tech deck hit the scene I was naturally drawn to it.

In my late teens I worked at a skate shop and when it was slow I'd fingerboard on the counter. That was ages ago. I've only recently started fingerboarding again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beastpants.com
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:09 pm

i started fingerboarding when i was 5, then when i was 8 i got into skateboarding.
i quit skateboarding last year an started bmx.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Ive been skating sense like 3rd grade. I saw one of Mike Schnieders skateboard videos so I subscribed. then his next video was fingerboarding! happy That's how I found out about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:54 pm

I mostly like cruising around on my board.
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

Setup : Flatface G15, Ytrucks X4, Old Flatface Wheels, FBS

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:25 pm

BeastPants wrote:
I started skating when I was in 3rd grade. I used to imagine I was skateboarding with just my fingers by themselves so when tech deck hit the scene I was naturally drawn to it.

In my late teens I worked at a skate shop and when it was slow I'd fingerboard on the counter. That was ages ago. I've only recently started fingerboarding again.

I used to stick tape to my fingers and use my ID card as a skateboard in 7th grade before I had heard of tech decks.
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:50 am

My knee ligament got messed up by outside circumstances before I could even get serious enough into longboarding (I still own a couple of setups though) - I was limping for months when I started fingerboarding.
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:13 am

I had a mega bad bail when i was around 15 an was in hospital for a while an because of that I have been deaf in one ear ever since, once I was better I carried on skating but unfortunatly I had lost a bit of enthusiasm towards trying crazy new tricks an genrally chilled out skating, now 10 years on I still skate to work and back when its dry an occasionly pop to a skatepark with my mates
I got back into fingerboarding around 4 years go when I saw a tech deck in tescos (like most people I loved these years ago when i was around 14) an bought it an loved it an then looked on ebay an bought a pile of china shit, Eventually found unite an fingerboardhq an now I am in love with fingerboarding!
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:03 pm

I've been skating for about 5 years, I can never do anything, I think I got into fingerboarding because I liked skateboarding but I was never particularly good at it and fingerboarding just seemed a lot easier, I've started skating a lot more recently and a concrete park is being built about 5 minutes away from me so that'll probably get my hyped on it again.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Finn S wrote:
I've been skating for about 5 years, I can never do anything, I think I got into fingerboarding because I liked skateboarding but I was never particularly good at it and fingerboarding just seemed a lot easier, I've started skating a lot more recently and a concrete park is being built about 5 minutes away from me so that'll probably get my hyped on it again.

YOU LUCKY KENT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?   How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many of you fingerboarders also skateboard?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2