Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPages hanging consistently Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pages hanging consistently

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TraceKaiser
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TraceKaiser

Setup : Blosom
BRTs
Oaks

Pages hanging consistently Empty
PostSubject: Pages hanging consistently   Pages hanging consistently EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:31 pm

It must be at least 1/5 pages I try and load here (never the forum directories, only ever threads, sometimes even just certain pages from threads) won't load, and instead hang. Sometimes the banner and links load, but nothing else, and the page still tries to load. I then have to close the page to be able to do anything. It's always the same pages, so going back and trying again it has the same problem

I'm using Google Chrome on OS X. I have adblock but still get the problem whether or not it's activated. Likewise, in an Incognito window (with all extensions disabled) the same pages still hang

For example, this page won't load http://www.fingerboardhq.net/t14110-new-homeade-fingerboard-park

I don't have this problem on Safari, but Safari sucks. Dunno if anyone else has this problem, or if anyone can provide a solution either for me or for the site!
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: Pages hanging consistently   Pages hanging consistently EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:51 pm

there is a chance that the banner is stopping it, and im not sure if there is a way for you to disable it, but that has been a problem for a few members
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Pages hanging consistently   Pages hanging consistently EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Try clearing your cache. It usually works for that stuff. Its probably cause of something in the cache that causes freezing due to something on that page accessing the cache and the cache has something wrong with it and it just keeps looping on accessing that cache until it times out and shows the incomplete page it loaded.
Back to top Go down
TraceKaiser
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TraceKaiser

Setup : Blosom
BRTs
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Pages hanging consistently   Pages hanging consistently EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Meant to say - this also happens on Chrome for iOS!

Could it be the scrolling banner (as opposed to the static banner)? When the pages hang, the scrolling banner doesn't load but the static one & links do
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Pages hanging consistently   Pages hanging consistently EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Mine's fine, I use chrome w/ ad block on windows though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pages hanging consistently   Pages hanging consistently Empty

Back to top Go down

Pages hanging consistently

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1