Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBlossom or Temple? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blossom or Temple?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Setup : Board: Pure custom split 32mm
Wheels: Oaks White+
Tuning: FF team bushings
Tape: FBS

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 am

I'm trying to decide, and if you don't like either what do you prefer? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 am

Never tried a blosom, bet they're good. Temples are my deck of choice, I love them. To be honest, get both. Temples are very low priced, so it wouldn't hurt to get one.
Back to top Go down
Eric_Best
Council
Council
Eric_Best

Setup : catfishbbq, brts, ff wheels, fbs

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 am

I have a blosom and I love it
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 am

u can maybe get two temple for the price of a blossom plus blossom r sometime hard to get if u want new one
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 am

Temple
-Beautiful laquer
-cheaper then Blosom
-realistic shape

Blosom
-Beautiful bottom plies
-Nice ply combos
-32.5mm

Both decks are real nice, I guess its just preferance
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:36 am

Ken, temples can be 32.5, do have beautiful bottom plies (you can choose your own) and do have nice ply combos (you can choose your own)
He,
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 am

DarianN wrote:
Ken, temples can be 32.5, do have beautiful bottom plies (you can choose your own) and do have nice ply combos (you can choose your own)
He,

okay Darian okay. You win

He,
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 am

DarianN wrote:
He,

Darian, is your splatter temple a custom? Cause it looks REALLY good! Also are you related to Alec Nguyen? Sotyy I don't know how to spell it tongue
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 am

Fludd47 wrote:
DarianN wrote:
He,

Darian, is your splatter temple a custom? Cause it looks REALLY good! Also are you related to Alec Nguyen? Sotyy I don't know how to spell it tongue

He got it from Gunner.
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:51 am

Ken .I wrote:
Fludd47 wrote:
DarianN wrote:
He,

He got it from Gunner.
okay, thanks!
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 am

Also, whats your guys' thoughts on homewood? Cause I really like the smokestack monster graphics, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 am

Fludd47 wrote:
DarianN wrote:
He,

I got it from gunner. But, IT WASN'T EVEN A CUSTOM! :O
It was one of Ryan's older stocks. I'm sure you could ask him for a sweet custom for 17-20 dollars though!
And nah, I'm not, just a common last name.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Blossom or Temple? Empty

Honestly both are two different things. Both Ross and I have different methods to making decks which end up giving them a different vibe. Ross makes extremely nice decks I don't think he's sold a bad deck to anyone ever. He puts hours on top of hours into his decks and they are all around perfect. I put in a good chunk of time into my decks as well and also make decks as perfect as I can make it. I think both Blosom and Temple are great decks and you can't go wrong with either one you choose. It all comes down to how much money you've got in your pocket and which one appeals most to you. Feel free to message me with any questions about my decks.
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:55 am

Ryan wrote:
Honestly both are two different things. Both Ross and I have different methods to making decks which end up giving them a different vibe. Ross makes extremely nice decks I don't think he's sold a bad deck to anyone ever. He puts hours on top of hours into his decks and they are all around perfect. I put in a good chunk of time into my decks as well and also make decks as perfect as I can make it. I think both Blosom and Temple are great decks and you can't go wrong with either one you choose. It all comes down to how much money you've got in your pocket and which one appeals most to you.

Thanks for the response Ryan, if I were to get a temple, could you make a splatter similar to Darian's ^
If not its cool, I went to your website, no products sad
Also, sorry if this is on your site, but are your boards medium kicks and medium concave?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 am

Fludd47 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Honestly both are two different things. Both Ross and I have different methods to making decks which end up giving them a different vibe. Ross makes extremely nice decks I don't think he's sold a bad deck to anyone ever. He puts hours on top of hours into his decks and they are all around perfect. I put in a good chunk of time into my decks as well and also make decks as perfect as I can make it. I think both Blosom and Temple are great decks and you can't go wrong with either one you choose. It all comes down to how much money you've got in your pocket and which one appeals most to you.

Thanks for the response Ryan, if I were to get a temple, could you make a splatter similar to Darian's ^
Also, sorry if this is on your site, but are your boards medium kicks and medium concave?
No worries man. I've got two different molds for my decks. The one Darian has is my old mold which features medium-high kicks and mellowish concave and then I've got a newer mold which is mellow kicks with mellow concave. Yeah I could do a splatter like Darians as well. Just let me know if you want to go a head and order a deck and then we can work out the details through a pm.
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 am

Ryan wrote:
Fludd47 wrote:
Ryan wrote:

No worries man. I've got two different molds for my decks. The one Darian has is my old mold which features medium-high kicks and mellowish concave and then I've got a newer mold which is mellow kicks with mellow concave. Yeah I could do a splatter like Darians as well. Just let me know if you want to go a head and order a deck and then we can work out the details through a pm.

Yeh, I'll PM you soon, I'm in need of some new wheels, so I will get the deck prob after I order the wheels this week.
By mellowish concave, do you mean low to medium? Thanks
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:14 am

like everybody said both decks ROCK!

Here's a shape comparison... wink

Blosom's on the bottom, as you can see the Temple has a little more mellow shape.

I love both decks!

Blossom or Temple? Img_0225
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:28 am

morrowsnow wrote:
like everybody said both decks ROCK!

Here's a shape comparison... wink

Blosom's on the bottom, as you can see the Temple has a little more mellow shape.

I love both decks!

Blossom or Temple? Img_0225
Ahhh, thanks for the comparison!
Back to top Go down
GihadGeo
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GihadGeo

Setup : Temple 31mm/ Black Brt's 2.0/ White Winklers

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:59 am

I can tell you this, you can not go wrong with a temple for the price you pay its more then worth it! I own two temples and I am absolutely in love with them. They get the most use out of any of my decks and I have berlinwood classics and wides, and those go untouched for long periods of time because I forget about them when using my Temple! very happy
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:07 am

GihadGeo wrote:
I can tell you this, you can not go wrong with a temple for the price you pay its more then worth it! I own two temples and I am absolutely in love with them. They get the most use out of any of my decks and I have berlinwood classics and wides, and those go untouched for long periods of time because I forget about them when using my Temple! very happy
Oh wow! I'm just a little afraid it won't be enough concave, what other deck would you compare the concave to?
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 am

Fludd47 wrote:
GihadGeo wrote:
Oh wow! I'm just a little afraid it won't be enough concave, what other deck would you compare the concave to?
I can assure you, the old mold has the right amount of concave! The new mold is more mellow happy
Can't go wrong with either.
Back to top Go down
AustinE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AustinE

Skateboarding:
Toy Machine<3
Indy's
Spit Streetburners
Shakejunt bearingsss
Mob of course

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:12 am

DarianN wrote:
Fludd47 wrote:
GihadGeo wrote:
I can assure you, the old mold has the right amount of concave! The new mold is more mellow happy
Can't go wrong with either.
Alright, thanks!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 am

^don't get the old temple shape. neither blosom nor temple have much concave in either of their molds, if you're after concave like a berlinwood none of these decks will suit you and I'd recommend something like a fingerplant 2013.

for me blosom decks are the best in the world and perfect to ride, BUT obviously not every deck is for everyone. I think you could get used to the low concave but if you don't want to for what ever reason, don't go for two companies who have low concave happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 am

*cough*COMPINY*cough* man, that one was bad...
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Blossom or Temple? J9VuKBZ

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:15 am

^Definitely was hmm

@Kerry, i would pick the old mold over the new, as the new is too mellow to my preference. It's not the shape that made newer Temples better, it's the fact that Ryan got better in general. New tools, new templates all that jazz.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blossom or Temple? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blossom or Temple?   Blossom or Temple? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blossom or Temple?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next