Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAnyone good with computers Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone good with computers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

Anyone good with computers Empty
PostSubject: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Can you please give me some advice on this? I might get it for my birthday.

http://www.hsn.com/products/android-215-hd-lcd-touchscreen-dual-core-all-in-one-d/7164988

I'm mainly looking for a good computer for video/ picture editing, light gaming, programs like word, illustrator, and photoshop, and surfing the web. Is this a good choice for me?

Really appreciate your help guys, thanks.
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:45 pm

You'll want something with a better processor. Also, what do you mean by "light gaming?" I'd recommend building your own if you don't mind buying parts individually.

Edit:
After reading the specs, I think you should stay away from this. There's only 8GB of internal storage and it runs off an Android OS. If you're looking to get faster video rendering/editing, this isn't for you. This computer seems to be similar to a giant iPad/tablet with only two USB ports. The response time is also very high for gaming purposes. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:50 pm

bizbiz23 wrote:
You'll want something with a better processor. Also, what do you mean by "light gaming?" I'd recommend building your own if you don't mind buying parts individually.

I'd really rather not build my own ATM. By light gaming I just mean mine raft, counter strike... Just stuff on steam. I don't need the best graphics or anything, just a nice computer that won't lag like hell.
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:54 pm

skeep222 wrote:
bizbiz23 wrote:

I'd really rather not build my own ATM. By light gaming I just mean mine raft, counter strike... Just stuff on steam. I don't need the best graphics or anything, just a nice computer that won't lag like hell.
Gotcha. Read my edit above too if you didn't see before I changed it. I don't have much knowledge about any Android OSs, but I don't think they'll be very good for video editing. This should be able to run Minecraft well, but CS (GO?) will likely lag a lot. I'd settle for a laptop or small desktop with a better processor, operating system, and graphics card.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:17 am

bizbiz23 wrote:
skeep222 wrote:
bizbiz23 wrote:

Gotcha. Read my edit above too if you didn't see before I changed it. I don't have much knowledge about any Android OSs, but I don't think they'll be very good for video editing. This should be able to run Minecraft well, but CS (GO?) will likely lag a lot. I'd settle for a laptop or small desktop with a better processor, operating system, and graphics card.

Possibly any links to good computers in the same price range? If not I understand, Ouse already helped so much dude, thanks!
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:20 am

skeep222 wrote:
bizbiz23 wrote:
skeep222 wrote:
bizbiz23 wrote:

Possibly any links to good computers in the same price range? If not I understand, Ouse already helped so much dude, thanks!
Are you looking more for a portable computer or a desktop? Also, if you're looking for a desktop, do you already have a decent monitor/keyboard/mouse?
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:41 am

Nah man, I'm looking for the full shebang. I have a mouse that would be perfectly usable though
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:51 am

skeep222 wrote:
Nah man, I'm looking for the full shebang. I have a mouse that would be perfectly usable though
Alright cool. I have to head out now, but I'll take a look when I get home.
Back to top Go down
RonNation
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Northwood Charm
Dump Trucks
FF G6
WC bushing

Woobs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:13 am

d00d thats android not even a windows machine..
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:46 am

Yeah I wouldn't go with an android OS, whereas it's brilliant on phones/tablets, it has its restrictions. Go for Windows 7 happy
And as Biz said, it's best to buy your own parts since its so much cheaper than a pre-built machine! My pc cost £500ish, but would have been in excess of £900 if I bought it pre-built. If you can't assemble it yourself, you could probably pay a local pc shop to build it for you? It'd still be cheaper than buying it pre-built!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:05 am

^yea, I'll sing android's praises until the sun don't shine, I've got a nexus 4 (phone) and nexus 7 (tablet) and couldn't be happier with either of them. BUT if you want gaming and video editing the only choice I see is windows 7.

as everyone has said.. pick parts, build it yourself. if you're only after light gaming you can save soo much on a GPU rather than getting a top end one - then you've got money left over for a screen. and keyboards like £2 on ebay. I reckon 600 dorra will get you a great build. Especially if you're willing to get a cracked version of win7 and save on the cost of that.

these days cases are screwless and it's easy as tits.. maybe you have a friend who's a little bit more geeky than you who can help? I've built a few in my life and it's pretty simple, just check some tutorials online and you'll be good to go happy
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:38 am

What's your price range? We can help you pick out parts and let someone or a local pc shop to build it for you.
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:10 am

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220217
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883258019
Here are a few that I've found so far that seem decent for their price. If you decide to build, you can get all of that for a cheaper price. You'll also need to pick up a monitor for these if you decide to go with a desktop. Most of the full packages with monitors have pretty bad specs. You can also check this page:

http://www.newegg.com/Desktop-PCs/SubCategory/ID-10/Page-2?Pagesize=100&Order=PRICE

Newegg is a good place to order electronics from. I can help you out more, but you didn't give us a price range so I chose something similar to what you posted.
Back to top Go down
mcjolli
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : fingerboarding, League of Legends
Setup : 32mm g13
Bollie
g6-x
riptape

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:45 am

You can buy prebuilt gaming or usable pcs on craigslist for a good deal . But you can also buy some really new stuff on newegg with a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Oh god, definitely don't buy an android computer, they're retarded, I have an android phone and tablet, but I really wouldn't be able to cope with it as a computer because there is a ridiculous amount of restrictions (more than a mac ;o) it'd be great if your range of game choice is angry birds and temple run but it's useless otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone good with computers   Anyone good with computers Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone good with computers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1