Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalStereo Vinyl Cruisers Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stereo Vinyl Cruisers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steeze
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Steeze

Stereo Vinyl Cruisers Empty
PostSubject: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm getting one and wanted to know what you guys think about them or if any of you has one. http://m.ccs.com/?uri=product&sku=65-05611&model=189892&cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH:%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:14 pm

they suck, way to small, super flexy and just not a pleasure to ride at all. You should get a mini wood cruiser that is similar but a bit bigger plus its stiff cause its wood. http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Girl_x_Crailtap_Cruiser_Small/descpage-GICSCMP.html
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:04 pm

I think Stereos are pretty good. My friend has one and it rides really nice, it's not too small or flexy either...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Another great idea is to get a normal skateboard!
It functions much better than a tiny piece of plastic crap!
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:15 pm

I find flex annoying. I would rather cruise on a skateboard with soft wheels.
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
Another great idea is to get a normal skateboard!
It functions much better than a tiny piece of plastic crap!

hahaha <3
this.
Back to top Go down
RonNation
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Northwood Charm
Dump Trucks
FF G6
WC bushing

Woobs

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:15 pm

I have the Sean White version and it's pretty freakin fun. Nice and small but still cruises real smooth.

Also I'm pretty big and haven't had any issues.. There's a little give but not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Humper50
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Humper50

Companies : YouTube
Setup : Homewood (33mm) smokestack graphic
Y-trucks (chrome)
BRR edition wheels (white)

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:30 pm

You should consider getting a penny skateboard. They are slightly more expensive, but trust me its worth it. They're a ton of fun to ride and they are not too small. I'm almost six foot and weigh 175 pounds and I don't have any trouble riding it. Six for cruising. Watch some videos on YouTube [img][/img][img][/img]
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Stereos do have a slight flex, but it comes with more extras than a penny, (sunglasses would be a good example) and they are about $30 cheaper. I have a nickel because I like the size, but if I was gonna get a smaller board it would definitely be the stereo.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Pennys are slightly bigger if I recall correctly. Also the quality Is better from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:46 pm

appleyard14 wrote:
they suck, way to small, super flexy and just not a pleasure to ride at all. You should get a mini wood cruiser that is similar but a bit bigger plus its stiff cause its wood. http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Girl_x_Crailtap_Cruiser_Small/descpage-GICSCMP.html

I do not agree.
They may be small but defenintly not super flexy that might depend if you weigh much and imo they are nice to ride.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:48 pm

It doesn't matter what type of Plastic skateboard you buy, they're all practically the same. You'll look equally as ridiculous riding one no matter what you go with.
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:57 pm

if your new to skating like me i thought about getting one of these little plastic boards because they looked light and small it the sort of thing that you can just but im your backpack. But in the end i actually went for a proper skateboard and have no regrets. I have tried a plastic board before and i found it alot harder to push confidently on it as its alot smaller and has a considerable amount of flex in the board so when your going down a hill fast i found myself wobbling alot and really hard to control.

But with normal skateboard its so much easier to use and much more confortable to ride on because its alot bigger so you dont have to always worry about your feet positioning.

Also normal skateboards can be used for everything. from cruising down to the shops or doing tricks on. your decision though
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Depends what you want it for. If you want it for cruising then buy a cruiser. If you want it for tricks then buy a skateboard. Or buy both lol. You can get cheap vinyl cruisers for around £30. I love both of my boards but when I go out to a mates or to the shops I'll use my cruiser because it's smoother, faster and overall nicer to get around on due to the big and soft wheels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:57 pm

I'd just got a wooden cruiser or a normal skateboard, the tiny plastic ones just seem tacky.
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Theyre just as good as pennys, probably made in the same factory, but with a stereo logo instead of a penny logo

+ stereos a more legit brand

+ you get a free pair of swaggy sunglasses
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Actually, although stereo is my preference, penny is more legit, and the whole style of the top is different. Not saying that penny is SOOOO much better, because they aren't.
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Well id argue that stereo are more legit,
they actually make normal skateboards, sponser riders and competitions etc...
and didnt just pop out of nowhere with a fancy advertising scheme to sell mini cruisers
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:57 pm

You're right. I forgot that they made regular skateboards. (my friend actually has one.) Thank you for showing me the light.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:53 pm

If you buy a Penny style deck you buy it for a particular reason. I know, for one, surfers tend to like them. Buy as a general rule, just buy a trickboard man, more versatile. Stick cruiser wheels on it and you're sorted.
Back to top Go down
Steeze
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Steeze

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:58 am

I am probably gonna get the Stereo Vinyl Remix Crusier. It is a little longer and wider with a mellower tail so that the board itself is a lot more practical.
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:58 am

The Penny "Nickels" are awesome. I've had mine for a little over a year now and the only thing I need is bearings shocked
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

Setup : Flatface G15, Ytrucks X4, Old Flatface Wheels, FBS

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:37 am

Well, I'm leaning towards asking for a penny for christmas.

The regular sized one. What's the point of having a "pocket sized" board if it is almost as long as a skateboard (the nickel), you know?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Stereo Vinyl Cruisers J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:08 am

What is the point of the "pocket sized" board in general? They are still too big to put in your pocket so you might aswell carry a proper skateboard.
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Theyre still pretty fun to dick about on, and theyre faster than a deck I used to use mine to get to work last year, i could do a 20 min walk in like 5-10 mins on my cruiser
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereo Vinyl Cruisers   Stereo Vinyl Cruisers Empty

Back to top Go down

Stereo Vinyl Cruisers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next