Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDrilling Holes Before Shaping Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drilling Holes Before Shaping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Companies : Neztek Fingerboards Australia
Setup : NeztekFB 33.25mm. Deck
Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

Drilling Holes Before Shaping Empty
PostSubject: Drilling Holes Before Shaping   Drilling Holes Before Shaping EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:02 am

Gday from Australia.I have been making alot of decks and researching quite alot and have noticed that alot of the pictures of molded veneers that I have seen have the truck holes drilled before shaping.I have been drilling the holes after shaping,can anyone tell me why it is a good idea to drill before shaping?
Back to top Go down
http://neztekfb.bigcartel.com
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Drilling Holes Before Shaping   Drilling Holes Before Shaping EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:05 am

as long as you're using the same template for holes and shape, it shouldn't matter
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Drilling Holes Before Shaping   Drilling Holes Before Shaping EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:24 am

The reason you're seeing this is because they have a mold with pegs. When the veneer goes in the pegs make an indent where the holes go, and act as a guide during drilling usually resulting in perfect holes.

Honestly unless you have a pegged mold I wouldn't recommend drilling before shaping.
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Companies : Neztek Fingerboards Australia
Setup : NeztekFB 33.25mm. Deck
Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Drilling Holes Before Shaping   Drilling Holes Before Shaping EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:41 am

Cheers guys,I wasn't sure what the go was there.I am hopefully going to get some pictures up on here in the next week or so.I have had a friend test one of them out and he called me back the same afternoon that he got it and said it was better than any deck that he had used previously.I am keen to get some tested by people in the know on FBHQ aswell in the future.(I will be asking certain FBers if they would like to test for me.I need dudes that really know their stuff).Thanks again.
Nez.
Back to top Go down
http://neztekfb.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drilling Holes Before Shaping   Drilling Holes Before Shaping Empty

Back to top Go down

Drilling Holes Before Shaping

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1