Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFeminists are dicks Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feminists are dicks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Feminists are dicks Empty
PostSubject: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:23 am

GunnerBoser wrote:
Ellie wrote:
GunnerBoser wrote:
This conversation about abortion made my morning. :3 "If it still looks like a dinosaur, chop it!" - Abe Lincoln

I don't think men and women are equal, but I think they have equal problems and mountains to climb. To say that one has it worse is juts ignorant and shiz. For instance, a man is probably more likely to get raped in prison? WHERE IS THAT AWARENESS? But forealz neither of the two have it harder and feminists need to realize that. If they feel that women have it so hard, then maybe they'd like to move to a country like Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan, maybe India? I heard those countries have very good equal rights policies! (Joking btw)

I stopped at "I don't think men and women are equal"

But you're right we need to fight for equal rights for men because men are vastly underrepresented in media, government, business, and other influential institutions. With enough effort, one day we just might elect a male president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner, your post is illogical and I'm sorry to call you out but you're just fucking stupid.

(Says the irrational feminist) xD if this is such a problem, why don't all women just go butch? That's what Danny did and it worked out great for him? Ellie, you're looking at the extreme things, like presidency? Why not look at the things that even black people didnt have years ago, voting rights, powerful positions, etc. If even other women don't really think much about this topic, why do others feel the need to make a fuss about it?

Think about this: how many women presidents have there ever been? Now how many have actually ran for president? (A couple or something, with really only like 1 making a bit of noise) talk to your fellow shemales about this one and maybe one day you guys will get what you want or whatever. Now, read my whole post and understand that as values change, so will your stupid feminist movement thing or whatever. I'm out.

****Sorry mods! One last thing and I won't derail this thread every again!******

Anyway, Gunner, I don't think you understand what sarcasm is. You took my statement far too literal and I hope you reread everything you wrote so far because you sound oblivious as fuck. Educate yourself before you embarrass yourself! You're a misogynist little shit who is obviously far too ignorant to understand or comprehend anything.

On that note,
Feminists are dicks Tumblr_m6gc4vAI2L1qeqbppo1_500
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:43 am

Gunner/Ellie, I'm not taking sides, but I would like to add that I feel your opinions will become more grounded, and whichever is the truth will become more prevalent as you procede into the 'real world'. Sure equality of genders may not be apparent in school, because frankly, every student is treated pretty shitty in public education, pussy or penis wink. its when you are working for a raise, getting a job, or many things adults deal with that you will see in inequality/equality more drastically.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:44 am

GrantB wrote:
pussy or penis
I lost it. lmfao.
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:22 am

Gunner, honestly, stop even trying to discuss and assert, because your knowledge of the topic seems to be only as far as your textbooks are carrying you.

To be honest, I don't think the people who have been replying here so far (with the exception of Ellie and probz Mikkel) even have the correct understanding of what is going on in this world because they haven't seen enough of it and its many faces and underlying patterns in the society yet. Too young to bother to understand media, pop culture, and philosophy in depth.

With that I shall try to explain what Ellie has been trying to explain.

Men and women HAVE THE EXACT SAME INTELLECTUAL CAPABILITIES although they function differently in some ways. Have you gone to a mixed school? Then you will know that there are guys who are smart and ALSO girls who are smart. Have you had that smart girl cousin and smart guy cousin as well, or your friend's smart siblings perhaps? Gender does not determine intelligence. We all obviously know both the male and female play an equal part in procreation as well (well actually just for the fusion lol, ladies have to go through 9 months of carrying the baby and then the painful childbirth -_-).

So the question here is why are men constantly being portrayed and assumed as the powerful and dominant ones? Because they are physically bigger and can exert more strength due to their build and therefore everything shall be bent and molded to their advantage? (DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON RAPE) And why are women constantly always being objectified and sexualised? And why, most of the time, do they have to just look like ONLY like they are there just to look pretty and be accessories to the males or portrayed as emotional wrecks who just want to attract the males when they are just as capable of great achievements? Just look at how they try to sell sex in the advertisements nowadays too. I dare you to tell me that most of those aren't made with the target audience only being men although it can be something as generic as just breath mints.

We're intelligent life forms - that also means that we shouldn't be thinking completely like animals. In the world of primates, the female attracts the male, they mate, the female conceives, and takes care of the children. That carries on.

But human existence isn't about just reproducing and being part of the food chain. We are more than that. There is another point to being an intelligent life form. We think in ways animals don't.

We explore the universe and all its possibilities. We have the concept of days and time and years and we have cultures and civilisations. We have emotions and ways of expressing them through different types of media. We have curiosity and, we have such powerful minds that observe and innovate. To think that males are the dominant side of the species is just an old-fashioned way of trying to feel some kind of power without even fighting fair battles.

In other words, expand your mind and stop being so narrow-minded. Stop thinking like an undeveloped animal. And you guys, please stop fighting. This thread was supposed to be fun, not to show us how ignorant you are.
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:45 am

^whilst I agree with that.. (sorry i cba reading back through this thread so sorry if this has already been said)

the world is a fucking brutal place right now. feminism acts like guys don't have any problems, what about where it goes the total other way and guys cant get jobs whereas women can? I was unemployed for three years, my girlfriend was only unemployed for a week in this country when she started looking. she's less educated and experienced than me in terms of a CV also. I KNOW part of why she was employed is in itself sexist, but when being penniless is an issue for any of us without rich parents or w/e - surely that has to count for something? No it doesn't solve the issue, but fuck I'd rather survive first, then tackle things that suck when the economy isn't a pile of anus.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Feminists are dicks J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:11 am

Kerry. The thing is, when a woman can't get a job because of her gender then the feminists gets pissed. When a woman get a job partly because of her gender they also get pissed. Feminists can't be satisfied.

On a more serious note, I think your post is a great example that it goes both ways.
It is not a war between men and women, because shit happens to both genders. Half baked well trained men are also used in advertising and general media, and more and more men have self esteem problems and depression because of the pressure to be "perfect".

Equality is on its way. The problem is that instead of making women have as good conditions as men had, we are making men "suffer" along with the women.

EDIT: I have split the thread into two, so we dont fill the other up with OT.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm not even going to attempt to contribute to this subject in a serious way because quite frankly, I am an ignorant closed minded male detached from reality.

Many people are providing legitimate points to this.

I merely wanted to post about my appreciation for Russell Brand. He's an amazing comedian and I miss his show on BBC Radio 2. However, using him on this topic? Are you not aware of many sexist things he has said or his reputation with women?

European gender insurance ruling, fuck yeah.

Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Warning: A lot of words but I am putting a lot of effort into this discussion since I love all of you (Ellie Kerry Mikkel Xi) and you are smart mature people and I love discussing things.

Bear in mind that I am in no way a feminist because most of the time I really cba talking about things like that (I mean Kerry you talk to me almost super often so you should know) because I usually am aware of all these issues, be it the ones I mentioned, or the ones Kerry and Mikkel mentioned.

Moving on and putting all that togther. This is not just talking to the guys, but to Ellie as well because I really don't believe in either extreme ends:

Now the jobs issue - it really depends on your environment you're at and the people involved. I've seen many males and females having trouble finding a job.. I mean, if you want to find a job you have to keep looking.

Some of them hire girls over guys without looking at qualifications. It's undeniably unfair to the males who were equally or more qualified and eager to find a job because all the employer wants to see a girl around more, and it's also kind of ~meh for the girl because they nobody really likes to feel objectified. Girls are told not to complain because "at least you get the job!" but you know, sometimes shit happens in the workplace too.. Can you imagine the entire office talking about you, "must've been hired because she's a girl," "wow the boss just wants to look at her boobs", and nobody taking you seriously too? In such a case, I guess it's a yucky situation for everyone.

The other kind of employer assumes that the females, even though they may be of the same qualifications as the males or higher, would still potentially be weaker, more timid and more careless, and more likely to screw things up - and therefore doesn't trust them as much, and therefore gives the job to the guy (and therefore extra stress goes to the guy because they would be expected to not mess anything up), again, not giving chances too.

There's also a few other difference scenarios, e.g. what if both the guy and girl are equally qualified? It depends on whether the employer is a dick, and it also depends on whether they like the employee's attitude and character in the interview. It's really difficult to measure what is fair or what is unfair because all these different types of scenarios with the mentioned factors (or even more) involving different people all kind of turn out differently. Many people sometimes apply for the same job, and only one or two actually get the job. Someone still has to go home and continue looking, regardless of their gender. So if you want to look at unemployment, sometimes it's not always because of gender - and it's dangerous to always assume that it is: so many things to blame! You can blame it on the environment, or the circumstances, or the employer's attitude, or your own attitude and the way you talk to them, or sexism, or maybe they are grumpy and picky and don't like the way you look or the way you wear your clothes or the way you walk. /_\ It's such a headache.

We recognise that both genders have problems.

Also let me ask something, since Mikkel mentioned body images:
Why are the men expected to have nice bodies that are looking like they have 6-pack abs? When a guy is being perfectly healthy and physically fit, they don't feel like they are adequate still because of what the media has been telling them! Why are they pressured to look strong and tanned, and if they don't, other guys tell them that they look "gay" and "feminine" and "weak"? What's the entire thing about needing more strength about? Display of power? What for?

On the other side, why are ladies expected to have to look gentle and demure and why do so many guys find girls with stronger attitudes and don't exactly fit into that demure category "intimidating" - just from looks btw, not even talking to them yet - when the girls usually aren't even being overly aggressive?

I personally really hate that the media expects such things out of both genders. Yeah it's pressurising for a guy to be expected to look like he has to be strong physically to feel secure, and it's also pressurising for a girl to be expected to look like she has to be slender and pretty to feel secure. All of this links me back to what I mentioned in my last reply - we should advance and think beyond being like animals. Power, strength, attraction, sex.. humans are more than that. Like I said, we're intelligent life forms. Media was one of our inventions. There's good and bad things about the media, and this is one of the annoying parts about it. It's hard to ignore, but at the same time you have to be careful to not become one of the many sheep.

Again, we recognise that both have their problems.

This topic isn't about feminism. I would really hope that equality is on its way - there are some things that are not fair for both the males and the females because of gender. I wasn't saying that males don't have their problems at all. Everyone's good at different things. So Mikkel, I would appreciate it if you were to be more polite about the thread topic if you bothered to shift the discussion here and I trust that we are all mature enough to discuss this topic.

And remember, it all got messy when Gunner said "I don't think men and women are equal, but I think they have equal problems and mountains to climb." - now, if you disregard all the problems that both men and women have since we have concluded that both sides have their own problems to face, our dear friend here feels that men are better than women REGARDLESS.

And you want to wonder why Ellie was soooooooo pissed?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:53 pm

The thing is. We are all controlled by television, media and advertisement. We are all brainwashed. Some more than others.

One of the most powerful tools the media has is casting. They can find the people that fit the reality they want us to believe.
It's not just genders. It's stereotypes in general. Racial stereotypes, national stereotypes, age based stereotypes, lifestyle stereotypes etc.

Why do the casters choose to cast this way? My guess is because they have been brainwashed aswell. We are all part of this TV addicted society, and have been for a long time. Vicious circle or something.

As for the topic title. I couldn't really come up with anything and found it funny cause of the contradiction.

Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:55 pm

This has got way out of hand, lmfao.

The picture was blatantly a joke, how did it develop into this?

myhotCaffeine wrote:
And why are women constantly always being objectified and sexualised? And why, most of the time, do they have to just look like ONLY like they are there just to look pretty and be accessories to the males or portrayed as emotional wrecks who just want to attract the males when they are just as capable of great achievements?
I noticed this, however.

Part of this is because girls portray themselves this way? Not sure if you've looked at a modern school recently but 90% of the girls are too busy putting make up on and showing themselves off to care about school, then people ask why women never get recognized for anything academic? Because only a small handful put the effort in to get anywhere.

I can't even be arsed to read through all of these essays or write one myself because most of what I've seen has been pure bullshit, just endless points about gender that aren't related to anything. Everyone needs to calm the fuck down and tech deck.

Last edited by Danny Hynam on Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:

I can't even be arsed to read through all of these essays or write one myself because most of what I've seen has been pure bullshit, just endless points about gender that aren't related to anything. Everyone needs to calm the fuck down and tech deck.
you fucking said it danny
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Are you fucking serious about the title.

Are you serious. Is this a joke.

Feminists aren't man hating butch bra burning hardcore liberals that think that women are superior?????
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Ellie wrote:

Anyway, Gunner, I don't think you understand what sarcasm is. You took my statement far too literal and I hope you reread everything you wrote so far because you sound oblivious as fuck. Educate yourself before you embarrass yourself! You're a misogynist little shit who is obviously far too ignorant to understand or comprehend anything.

I've read all of this argument would like to say:

First, I didn't see where Gunner was actually sexist? I think he was being anti-feminist, which is quite fair. Feminism can at worse essentially be sexist against men on the basis that men are sexist to women...with makes feminists hypocritical?

I agree about the title though :] Let's be honest, WW3 could be about to start, play fair mikkel :p

Secondly, we don't need that level of hatred and pointless name calling and insulting here. Not sure why you feel the need to take everything he's said personally, but relax! Rule one of debating is even if the crowd is on your side, you don't insult the other person, because nobody wants to hear unnecessary insulting. Make your point, leave it at that.

As long as this thread remains a debate about sexism it's fine, but the way the "conversation" has gone so far makes me think it needs to be closed before somebody gets their feelings hurt or is forever remembered as the argumentative one...
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:28 pm

^I think this is a fine discussion right now. Although, in the beginning, I think Ellie may have overreacted, but as I have also said, she probably got more pissed at the fact that Gunner implied that men and women aren't equal, despite the fact that they have the same problems to deal with. Then she wrote about how unfair it is to the females - which, now after Kerry and Mikkel have shared their observations, we can safely come to a neutral stand that yes these genders are equal and they actually have their own problems. Not just women. Not just men. BOTH.

Danny Hynam wrote:
Part of this is because girls portray themselves this way? Not sure if you've looked at a modern school recently but 90% of the girls are too busy putting make up on and showing themselves off to care about school, then people ask why women never get recognized for anything academic? Because only a small handful put the effort in to get anywhere.

I can't even be arsed to read through all of these essays or write one myself because most of what I've seen has been pure bullshit, just endless points about gender that aren't related to anything.

Danny, you are reading the old post - read what I updated it with. Or should I quote myself?

myhotCaffeine wrote:
Also let me ask something, since Mikkel mentioned body images:
Why are the men expected to have nice bodies that are looking like they have 6-pack abs? When a guy is being perfectly healthy and physically fit, they don't feel like they are adequate still because of what the media has been telling them! Why are they pressured to look strong and tanned, and if they don't, other guys tell them that they look "gay" and "feminine" and "weak"? What's the entire thing about needing more strength about? Display of power? What for?

On the other side, why are ladies expected to have to look gentle and demure and why do so many guys find girls with stronger attitudes and don't exactly fit into that demure category "intimidating" - just from looks btw, not even talking to them yet - when the girls usually aren't even being overly aggressive?

I personally really hate that the media expects such things out of both genders. Yeah it's pressurising for a guy to be expected to look like he has to be strong physically to feel secure, and it's also pressurising for a girl to be expected to look like she has to be slender and pretty to feel secure. All of this links me back to what I mentioned in my last reply - we should advance and think beyond being like animals. Power, strength, attraction, sex.. humans are more than that. Like I said, we're intelligent life forms. Media was one of our inventions. There's good and bad things about the media, and this is one of the annoying parts about it. It's hard to ignore, but at the same time you have to be careful to not become one of the many sheep.

Again, we recognise that both have their problems.

Also, in response to you, I should add that there is probably near an equal amount of girls and guys putting effort into studies - to assume otherwise would be unfair since sometimes it depends on your location and environment. You can talk about how these teenage girls try to dress up and look pretty (obviously the media's to be blamed here) but hey, don't talk like all of the guys study super hard and actually try focusing onto studies either. And how about the teenage boys who just talk about porn and sex and banging chicks so often? Or talk about going to the gym to work out because they want to look good? Again, media, media, media. I have encountered as many girls with poor language and critical thinking skills as I have for guys.

So should we now blame them for being victims of media then? The whole point of this thread is to understand the situation, isn't it? Not point fingers at one gender or another?

If you fail to see what we are trying to discuss in here, which is a topic pretty much related to at least 80% of the things that surround us everyday, then really, try to understand it. If you can't be arsed to, nobody is forcing you to. Calling this bullshit is kind of rude, don't you think? It's an actual valid discussion based on observations about the society, mass media, and its influences. In a form of another, it's a deep conversation.

That being said, thank you Ellie, Kerry, Xi and Mikkel, you guys are gems. I really am enjoying this discussion a lot actually. And thank you for taking the time. I know I write a lot but it's because I try to cover as much as I can awkward

OMG WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I'M TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE UNDERSTAND AND GET ALONG WITH BOTH SIDES' POV COMBINED INTO ONE CONCLUSION BUT PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME THAT I AM IRRELEVANT

Last edited by myhotCaffeine on Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:

myhotCaffeine wrote:
And why are women constantly always being objectified and sexualised? And why, most of the time, do they have to just look like ONLY like they are there just to look pretty and be accessories to the males or portrayed as emotional wrecks who just want to attract the males when they are just as capable of great achievements?
I noticed this, however.

Typing on my iPod so sorry if I have errors

Okay so the reason why girls "portray themselves that way" is because societal expectations. Girls are literally raised around the idea that if you're not beautiful you're nothing which is why they have to put in so much effort to look good. Its not the woman's fault? Blame society? We have to put up with media's concept of "European beauty" or whatever the fuck so it's not anyone's fault. Maybe if everyone stopped pressuring females to "oh, you have to look like this!" then we wouldn't have any problems
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Ellie wrote:
Danny Hynam wrote:

myhotCaffeine wrote:
I noticed this, however.

Typing on my iPod so sorry if I have errors

Okay so the reason why girls "portray themselves that way" is because societal expectations. Girls are literally raised around the idea that if you're not beautiful you're nothing which is why they have to put in so much effort to look good. Its not the woman's fault? Blame society? We have to put up with media's concept of "European beauty" or whatever the fuck so it's not anyone's fault. Maybe if everyone stopped pressuring females to "oh, you have to look like this!" then we wouldn't have any problems

Or maybe girls just need to get a grip, they're arguing about how strong they are in their mind yet they're submitting to dumb shit such as that. It annoys the fuck out of me, I know so many girls that'd be genuinely beautiful without makeup, yet they wear so much that they just look like a clown.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:35 pm

myhotCaffeine wrote:

And remember, it all got messy when Gunner said "I don't think men and women are equal, but I think they have equal problems and mountains to climb." - now, if you disregard all the problems that both men and women have since we have concluded that both sides have their own problems to face, our dear friend here feels that men are better than women REGARDLESS.

And you want to wonder why Ellie was soooooooo pissed?

Why do you put words into my mouth? When did I say men are better than women? The problem with these god damn feminists is that they are bitches that don't know what they are even talking about. They are worse than Christians! STOP YOUR BLUBBERING AND JUST BE HAPPY YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE IN A FUCKING HUT. You have plenty of rights, all of which are the same as men's! Last time I checked it wasn't my fault there are two types of bathrooms? The fact of the matter is that you are making a fuss over nothing. Go ahead and call me ignorant or whatever the fuck insults you have, but the reality is that you are the ones crying over a full glass of milk(which isn't spilt in the slightest), you just want a but more than what's full to the brim!

And yes, the title is quite suitable.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Ellie wrote:

The thing is. I don't know anyone that are "pressureing females to "oh, you have to look like this!""
If anyone do that, it is because of societal expectations.

Boys are litterally raised around the idea that if you're not a strong toughguy youre nothing, which could be why some guys are very superficial.

It also happens the other way around. Girls that will not speak to guys that aren't on the football team. Guys that spend several hours before leaving the house to make sure they look good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:09 pm

I am 500% done

Oh yeah and if guys are emotional and not that strong people refer to them as "pussy" and to "stop acting like a girl" which brings us back to the point to where they're implying it's a negative thing to be a female blah blah blah idk

And Danny easy for you to say "just don't conform" it's not their fault? It's really not

I understand that guys have their troubles too but ultimately girls have it worse that is all

Gunner your attempts to sound intelligent is just... no. Who said anything about bathrooms and me preaching? I think there's a fine line between stating an opinion and shoving something down someone's throat. And just because "things could be worse" we should just accept the dehumanization and discrimination that's going on! Because it could always be worse! God you are dumb
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:15 pm

This thread is now to be considered a lol

Now go home.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Ellie wrote:
And Danny easy for you to say "just don't conform"
Men are portrayed by the media in the same way, you'll never see a fat beardy guy on the cover of a magazine, or on a deodorant advert. Let's face it, fat people get sweatier than ripped men, so if the advert were about the product's functionality they'd use one? Guys just don't take as much notice of it, we don't read into things deeper than we need to. Girls don't have it worse, they just never shut up complaining about their problems. Guys have just as many problems, we just deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:25 pm

^ well said, my fellow masculinist! WE MUST GAIN EQUAL RIGHTS. I NEED MATERNITY LEAVE. Seriously why can't men get pregnant? It's not fair!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:27 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:
^ well said, my fellow masculinist! WE MUST GAIN EQUAL RIGHTS. I NEED MATERNITY LEAVE. Seriously why can't men get pregnant? It's not fair!

Because black female presidents.
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Can everyone stop being such dicks to one another please?

GunnerBoser wrote:

Why do you put words into my mouth? When did I say men are better than women? The problem with these god damn feminists is that they are bitches that don't know what they are even talking about. They are worse than Christians! (...) And yes, the title is quite suitable.

Really Gunner, calm down and read this first. You wrote it yourself. "I don't think men and women are equal, but I think they have equal problems and mountains to climb." If neither are better, why do you not think that they are equal - in what fields are you trying to compare it then? Perhaps you would want to explain that if that wasn't what you meant, because basically what you wrote, if you didn't intend it, caused a very huge misunderstanding. I am not trying to push blame on you, but why did you write that then?

If you actually read the rest of what I wrote, you would know that I don't disagree with the points you made. I only disagreed with the way you were handling it.

If you want to discuss a serious topic, I respect that but please don't compare Feminists to Christians. That's a whole other debate that might derail us all here if we actually start. You provide good points, and then suddenly you get angry and suddenly it's like.. what?

Dear Ellie, like I love you and you're my close friend but please try to hear me out - it's really very hard to measure who has it worse, because there's a lot of things guys have faced too. There's a lot of assumptions being thrown around. There's a lot of things that are unfair over the ages, yes.. BUT women are now allowed to go to school and get educated and we have an increasing amount of women scientists and other intellectual professions that require a huge amount of knowledge. Like Gunner said, did we even have that in the older days? My mom wasn't even allowed to go to school after the age of 14 - apparently they felt that girls should just stay at home and do housework while the boys were sent to school to get educated. We live in such good times now - almost everyone is given a chance to go to school. For what we have here today in these more peaceful times THIS IS PROGRESS. Or look at the countries in the Middle-East? They stoned women to death for crimes they didn't even commit. However slow it may be, the rest of the world is slowly taking steps towards progress. So Ellie, I hope you can also recognise that too.

I certainly personally do not understand the point of trying so hard and going all-out to prove that women have it worse - because everyone's having a hard time. It's unfair to assume that "guys get away more easily", and other things like that. Even if you somewhat prove that women have it slightly worse, then what? Does it mean that women should be getting the priority to get the problems fixed here? What will we actually gain from that? It won't be fair if it is focused on only just the women's problems more? Some problems for both genders are actually connected, which is why it can seem like it's unfair. There is no point proving who is worse off - rather, this energy should be spent on recognising the cause of the problems for both genders and in a long run, slowly tackle it in a way that will help us all.

I don't stand for just females.
If anything, I want it to be fair for guys too.
And this is why that side of the media that tries to sell sex and power to the people who don't manage to separate it from actual life, among other things that are discussed here, completely breaks my heart.

I'm not calling anyone ignorant and I don't even want anyone to get mad at me because the whole time I have been trying to make peace. I only ask for you all to understand that there is really no point to compare to see who is worse-off (Ellie, please stop getting angry). If you really believe in equality like you say you do, then believe in changes not just for your own gender, but also for the other.

Yes, we are accepting that both sides have their issues. No, we are not 100% okay with our problems and just submitting to them and doing nothing. We are constantly aware of it. I'm not sure if the feminists and other people who are mad at the world are noticing it, but really, like Mikkel says, things ARE changing. It will be equal eventually. It's already happening. It may take a while but it's better than nothing. So please, while that is happening, be patient with the world.

I'm done here. Mostly because I'm sad and disappointed that I have tried so hard to explain but I'm not being heard. You can blame me for typing too much or something, if you want. The only person who has been actually reading and typing replies that make sense is Mikkel. Thank you Mikkel, I really appreciate it happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feminists are dicks   Feminists are dicks Empty

Back to top Go down

Feminists are dicks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next