Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNew Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Members Introduce yourself.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
nomad_brad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
nomad_brad

Setup :

Berlinwood "black river green camo" WIDE

Black River wide trucks "super silver"

Classic winkler wheels

New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm 26 years old from Boise Idaho and new to the site
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:54 am

are you a nomad?
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:34 am

Thought it was only fitting I properly introduce myself after so many posts happy

My name is Jono (short for Jonathan), I’m from New South Wales Australia and I have been fingerboarding (off and on) for over 10 years now. I used to skateboard quite a bit too (6+ years), but after tearing the ligaments in my ankle badly and having a 40+ hour job it just doesn’t fit into my life as well as it once did :/ Fortunately, two of my best mates who I grew up skating with also fingerboard… we recently cleared out a storage room, set up a big table and a little desk, brought a tonne of Blackriver ramps, some Yellowood setups…and the rest is history!

As most members are no doubt already aware the fingerboarding scene in Australia is extremely small. Being very passionate about the industry I would like to push it as much as possible and spread the love that is fingerboarding very happy I am also looking to make some new mates (from Australia as well as the rest of the world) and hopefully join a passionate team of fingerboarders sometime down the track.

Other hobbies I have are, reading Manga (stuff from 60-90’s only), watching Anime (stuff from the 60’s and 90’s only), collecting classic/retro video games, making ambient electronic music and chilling the f#@$ out with my missus wink

Freaking love the chill, friendly vibe of this community! Looking forward to getting to know everyone here a bit better

- Jono
Back to top Go down
pw1500
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
pw1500

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Hey Everyone!

I'm Paul, I'm 28 and I picked up a fingerboard for the firsttime in over 10years back in January. I used to skateboard and mess with tech decks until I was about 18. Since buying a fingerboard in January, I've become borderline obsessed, buying decks from Berlinwood, homewood, flatface, yellowood amongst others and I've just started attempting making my own.

This feels like a really great scene to be apart of and I'm real glad to have found it, even if my bank account disagrees.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Luis Cosio
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Luis Cosio

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Hey. Bet you know my name already. i love fingerboarding and own a pretty cool fixie. Hope i get to know you better! very happy
Back to top Go down
_jdfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
_jdfb

Setup : Beast Pants
YTrucks X4 United
China CNC's
Witchcrafts

Five Luck FB
YTruck X4 United
FlatFace Dual Duros
Teak Bubble Bushings

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 7:15 pm

I've been on here for a few months now but I don't believe I've ever really introduced myself. My name is Jarrod and I'm from Nanaimo, British Columbia (in Canada eh?) I've been skating on and off (mostly off) since I was 7. I got my first tech deck when I was 5 and learned some tricks but only about a year ago did I discover fingerboarding and the community that goes with it. When I'm not fingerboarding I spend pretty much all of my time playing hockey, training, umpiring, refereeing, and wheeling broads(lol). So that's pretty much everything you need to know happy
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 7:42 pm

DoubleDigits wrote:
Thought it was only fitting I properly introduce myself after so many posts happy

My name is Jono (short for Jonathan), I’m from New South Wales Australia and I have been fingerboarding (off and on) for over 10 years now. I used to skateboard quite a bit too (6+ years), but after tearing the ligaments in my ankle badly and having a 40+ hour job it just doesn’t fit into my life as well as it once did :/ Fortunately, two of my best mates who I grew up skating with also fingerboard… we recently cleared out a storage room, set up a big table and a little desk, brought a tonne of Blackriver ramps, some Yellowood setups…and the rest is history!

As most members are no doubt already aware the fingerboarding scene in Australia is extremely small. Being very passionate about the industry I would like to push it as much as possible and spread the love that is fingerboarding very happy I am also looking to make some new mates (from Australia as well as the rest of the world) and hopefully join a passionate team of fingerboarders sometime down the track.

Other hobbies I have are, reading Manga (stuff from 60-90’s only), watching Anime (stuff from the 60’s and 90’s only), collecting classic/retro video games, making ambient electronic music and chilling the f#@$ out with my missus wink

Freaking love the chill, friendly vibe of this community! Looking forward to getting to know everyone here a bit better

- Jono

Welcome afro
I like your vids and passion.
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Deltron_z
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Deltron_z

Setup : 33mm. Q
ytrucks x4
Cartwheels super wides

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 5:22 pm

My name is Taylor Albert, I used to film a bunch and post on ffi back in 08-09. I recently got back into fingerboarding and have been enjoying it a lot so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/taylorfbs
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 5:27 pm

welcome man, not sure if you remember me but I'm Jack M from ffi. I was active in 08-09
Back to top Go down
Deltron_z
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Deltron_z

Setup : 33mm. Q
ytrucks x4
Cartwheels super wides

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeah i remember you, its been a while lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/taylorfbs
nikkuhhmillz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Foundation tech deck with stock parts

PostSubject: Hello everyone.    New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 pm

My name is Nick and I stumbled on this website from googling things about parks for fingerboarding.

I'm a tech deck scrub that didn't know such a community. I'm really happy and excited to see that there is this much devotion to something I've loved doing all of my life.

I checked out Black River Ramps after lurking a bit and I really wanna buy a park there. Or make my own, both seem awesome. There is some awesome parks people made here, and you guys seem really nice.

I skateboard and fingerboard. I'm using a foundation tech deck right now at work on an open book in front of me to reduce noise :p

Thank you guys for having a strong community that seems very welcoming.
Back to top Go down
Envebe
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Envebe

Setup : Berlinwood "Tougui Kraken" 32mm Deck, silver Blackriver Wide Trucks, Winkler Wheels BR Edition

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Hello everyone happy
My name is Nicholas (or Nick for short).

I started both skateboarding and fingerboarding back in february this year and it has been a lot of fun so far. Sadly those great hobbies aren't as present as I wish they were in the small part of germany I live in.

Besides that I watch animes (mostly shonen), play video games and draw stuff. I am also really into music production as it has been a part of my life for 6 years now.

It is great finding such a friendly community that also like these activities and I am really looking forward to having a great time around here happy.
Back to top Go down
pungent_stench
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
pungent_stench

Setup : Custom Roswell Samhain Deck
Black Y-Trucks
Black Oak Pool Shaped Wheels
Black Roswell Deck Rails
Good Ass Grip

BrutalxHeadache Deck
Black Roswell Shaped Trucks
Black Roswell Cruiser Wheels
Black Roswell Board Rails
Black Magic Grip
Witchcraft Bushings

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:34 am

Hi, my name is Chris and I just recently started fingerboarding

I'm from Alabama and I skate pools and play in a powerviolence band that writes songs about skateboarding and horror movies.

I design fingerboard pools, I'm about to get started on my first project which is a butt pool.

I listen to a lot of metal and punk, some of the bands I like are Carcass, SOA, Spazz, Bolt Thrower, Exodus, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Minor Threat, GWAR, and The Faction

My favorite skate videos are Zorlac's Zero Hero, Creature's Black Metal, Blood Wizard's Wizard Bloody Wizard, and Enjoi's Bag of Suck

I like to collect vinyl, most of my records are skate punk, emo, or hardcore punk records. With the exception of three or four thrash metal records.

Thats about it, my favorite skaters are Greyson Fletcher, Craig Johnson, Brian Brannon, Jeff Grosso, Dave Hackett, Duane Peters, Bevel Salba, and Jason Jessee.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 12:50 pm

haha pungent stench is a great name  very happy

not sure what power violence music consists of, but i love punk/thrash music, give us a link too some of your bands stuff 

an welcome too the forum, make sure u post some pics of the bowls u make!
cheers
Back to top Go down
FLEXYFINGERS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : whish i had one
Setup : to be determined

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:31 pm

hello im new
Back to top Go down
Lord Belial
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lord Belial

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 3:40 pm

What's up dewds and dewdettes!

First time poster, and thought to myself that this would be the first place to post.

My name is Kenneth, im 27, and im from the "cold" Norway. Been working the last 4 months now with Bakko here from the forum, and he recently got me back into fingerboarding. Haven't quite gotten to the point of getting myself a setup yet, as i am one of those guys that does "over" research everything before they commit to buying something. What i mean by getting back into fingerboarding is that i used to fiddle around alot with tech decks 10+ years ago, and can honestly say i had no idea how much had happened within the world of fingerboarding since my tech deck days. It's exiting and overwhelming at the same time. Thankfully there seems to be a good community here that may be able to point me towards stuff i probably wouldn't be able to find myself.

Anyways, that's a little about me and how i got here happy
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 3:45 pm

nice to have you on board dude happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Welcome! While you're (over)researching for your set up, you can get a lot of great advice/options on here. I've made most of my FB purchases based on others feedbacks in the "quick questions" thread. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Lord Belial
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lord Belial

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 6:23 pm

SiCar wrote:
nice to have you on board dude happy

Thanks man!

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Welcome!  While you're (over)researching for your set up, you can get a lot of great advice/options on here. I've made most of my FB purchases based on others feedbacks in the "quick questions" thread. Enjoy!

I try to stay away for the most part from threads like that. Allthough i get the purpose, ive found threads like that to be cluttered in the past. I will however be reading other threads and posts for some inspiration happy and thanks for the welcome man!
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Welcome to the forums Kenneth! Stoked to see you found your way here buddy New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 Cheerleader
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
KathaFBS

Companies : Fingerboardstore
Setup : Piratenholz 32mm
BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:19 am

Just saw this topic so:

I'm Katha (Katharina) from Frankfurt, Germany. Most of you will probably know me because I'm running FBS.
Well, I bought my first plastic fingerboard around 2001 (it wasn't even a Tech Deck). I got bored after a couple of weeks and forgot about it. In 2005 I discovered that there was a online community of fingerboarders and that it's possible to do tricks with it. So I'm still fingerboarding 10 years later.
It was (and is) the best thing ever. I met a bunch of awesome people from around the world because of Fingerboarding. It's really not a toy at all. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingerboardstore.de
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Welcome to the forums Katharina!
So glad you found your way here, and thanks for taking time to share a little bit of your story. Mad props for the effort you put into Fingerboardstore.de!!
Back to top Go down
Retra808
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Retra808

Setup : Weca W2
BRT 32mm
Chubz bushings
FF Dual duros

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Whats up everyone! Been lurking around here for about a month now and decided it was time to finally make a profile. Ive got my first real fingerboard about 6 years ago but kind of forgot about it up until about 3 months ago and now i'm back into it more than ever. Pumped to discuss some fingerboarding with everyone, this community is amazing! very happy
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 11:21 pm

welcome!
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 1:13 am

meekin wrote:
welcome!

I see your welcome and raise one! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Members Introduce yourself.   New Members Introduce yourself. - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Members Introduce yourself.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next