Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZAfingerboard
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ZAfingerboard

Setup : Dead End Deck
32mm TD Trucks
Generic Bearing Wheels

Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa Empty
PostSubject: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi guys,

I just wanted to put this out there. I've been making decks here in Johannesburg, South Africa. It's mostly for the South African fingerboarders. They're all 5 ply maple and have a lot of pop in my opinion. I've tried a lot of decks before.

Basically, I got sick of waiting for so long for orders to arrive from America or Europe I decided to make my own. I found that after two weeks the decks just had no more pop or oomph left in them. So far the decks I'm making seem to keep that 'spark' for longer. Might be the glue we get here in South Africa.
So if you are living in SA or know of some one in SA who needs a deck please let them know.

I've decided to call them Dead End Fingerboards. I wish I knew how to upload pictures here... But there are a few on the website so far.

www.deadendfb.weebly.com

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 

P.s. This is not for money nor for the sake of owning a 'company'. It's just something I am doing for myself and any other local guys who are sick of waiting months for orders to arrive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadendfb.weebly.com
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Hey dude. 

The decks look alright for a start. There is definitely room for improvement on the roundings and the lacquer. Keep it up. 

I dont know anything about the scene in South Africa, but it seems like it could need a company to evolve around. Good luck dude. 

Also, i've deleted the posts you have made in other peoples threads. 
Please don't advertise your company in other threads than this one happy
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
Hey dude. 

The decks look alright for a start. There is definitely room for improvement on the roundings and the lacquer. Keep it up. 

I dont know anything about the scene in South Africa, but it seems like it could need a company to evolve around. Good luck dude. 

listen to this teacher.
Back to top Go down
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:47 pm

The holes need work, but this company looks pretty okay. Just practice perfecting the decks, and let someone review a deck to point out the pros and cons to let you know what you should, and should not do when making your fingerboards. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Melvin A Thomas wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:
Hey dude. 

listen to this teacher.
Back to top Go down
ZAfingerboard
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ZAfingerboard

32mm TD Trucks
Generic Bearing Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Cool. Thanks guys happy Sorry, didn't know I wasn't allowed posting on other threads.
Who could I send decks to though? 
I'm still searching for a good lacquer. What I'm using now does work well; but I need a glossier finish. In South Africa it's pretty difficult finding things like that. We have excellent quality veneer and probably some of the best glues in the world. But finding lacquer for this application is almost impossible. 
I did kind of rush the website a bit and took photos with my phone. I do have a Canon Digital SLR camera that takes awesome photos, but finding the time to set everything up is insane. I figured I'd rather use my time building a healthy stock of decks.
I also have a full time career and a wife and kids to look after (I'm 29, been fingerboarding since 1999). The kids are 3 and 7 and also fingerboard I love you 
As for the holes I'm waiting for my Dremel Workstation to arrive (Micro Drill Press). So the drilling is done very, very slowly by hand, eyes and a dremel rotary tool.
I am pretty happy with what I've produced so far with very little happy

Anyway, who would be the best to send a deck to for a review and some guidance?
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Kerry Williams @ Unitefingerboarding.com
Back to top Go down
ZAfingerboard
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ZAfingerboard

32mm TD Trucks
Generic Bearing Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Think I've worked out how to upload photos. Here is the orange dye. And then my solid black deck. You can see the concave and kicks quite nicely on the solid black one.
Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa Img-2013]https://servimg.com/view/18371995/4]Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa Img-2013[/url][/url]Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa Img-2014
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:23 pm

send to kerry for review.
Back to top Go down
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Decks look good from the photos but yeah send some review decks out to respected reviewers like Kerry!
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Those look really good dude!

What are your plans? Do you want to market mainly towards fingerboarders in South Africa or are you going for a more worldwide customerbase?
Back to top Go down
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

Setup : 29mm

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 pm

This company is reeaally interesting!
Back to top Go down
ZAfingerboard
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ZAfingerboard

32mm TD Trucks
Generic Bearing Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa   Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead End Fingerboards... Made in South Africa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1