Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minuteman
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Minuteman

Companies : None

What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:26 am

I'm returning to the world of fingerboarding now and, after buying a couple decks, I decided to build a park (actually, a friend's gonna build for me as I have no abilities or tools to do that).

Thus, I used Google Sketchup and designed a park that, in my opinion,has a really nice flow. However, I feel it could be realy improved.

Here are some pictures (yes, I completely suck at Google Sketchup; it was the first time I used but I know I won't improve even after 100 years):

What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) Skate_Park_Minuteman1
What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) Skate_Park_Minuteman2

So, what's your opinion? What would you change/add?
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

Companies : RIFUDG (RFDG)
Setup : SKOWOOD <3
BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:16 pm

looks nice but...massive very happy
Back to top Go down
http://rifudg.bigcartel.com/
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:28 pm

looks kinda boring, but that cause i like plaza's better, but that section of bumps is a reach out in the midle of the park so it will be hard to sesh
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Its cool but way too big in my opinion. Like how are you going to sesh the middle parts?
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:42 pm

1) erase most of the middle parts. it will be difficult to sesh them
2) make that rail on the double set straight.
3) erase that funbox all the way to the end. it will mess up the flow of the park.
4) try to not build to scale, because this park will end up gargantuan if you do. try to scale it down a little, but not too much, because then it will be easier to sesh and carry places
5) other than those 4 tips it looks really good! i like the whole spine/halfpipe thing in the back.
happy
Back to top Go down
Minuteman
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Minuteman

Companies : None

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Quote :
looks nice but...massive

Yeah, my wife will kill me as soon as she sees it.

Quote :
looks kinda boring, but that cause i like plaza's better, but that section of bumps is a reach out in the midle of the park so it will be hard to sesh

Quote :
Its cool but way too big in my opinion. Like how are you going to sesh the middle parts?

I hadn't thought about that before! Considering better, I'd need to be elastic man to use the middle parts. Thank you both for the tip.

Quote :
1) erase most of the middle parts. it will be difficult to sesh them
2) make that rail on the double set straight.
3) erase that funbox all the way to the end. it will mess up the flow of the park.
4) try to not build to scale, because this park will end up gargantuan if you do. try to scale it down a little, but not too much, because then it will be easier to sesh and carry places
5) other than those 4 tips it looks really good! i like the whole spine/halfpipe thing in the back.

Good tips man!

I think I'll do this:
remove everything in the middle, bring the outer pieces closer, use the "wave ramps" connecting two outer obstacles and maybe a picnic table or straight rail between two other obstacles.
Back to top Go down
Natefb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Natefb

Setup : Pure 32mm
Ytrucks x4s
FF g6's

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:31 pm

JakeC wrote:

This^^^
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:52 pm

this looks for too much like a skatepark and if this was a skatepark it would be so awesome but its not. There is far too much going on, ramps and obstacles in the middle would be impossible to sesh and it would have to be huge to match your design as its so detailed.

My suggestion would be go simple and not put too much work on yourself. Quarters are also pretty hard to make if your making them properly. So those bumps would be really hard to make.
Back to top Go down
spencerhall
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : homemade deck that is splitting
td trucks shaped
rubber wheels from longboard

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:46 am

make it a long rectangle instead of a square so there isnt a middle part that you cant use.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:42 am

please don't bump old topics, read the rules please. Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)   What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!) Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think about this park I wanna build? (+Give your suggestions!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1