Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalKickflip too fast? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickflip too fast?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gamepenuin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Klief Finger Skate
Setup : FF G13 32mm UNIQUE
P-Rep trucks
FF G6 Wheels
SRB Bushings
FBS Super Smooth Grip

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been fingerboarding for years and I love to kickflip. Looking at people like Mike Schneider and others, their kickflips only flip a couple times. Mine flip a ton of times. Is that bad? scratch 

(Btw, i don't think i do kickflips right, i can do them mostly using both fingers to help but i can also just pop with my back finger and pull to the side with my front.)

Thanks,
Gamepenuin
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Less Flick = Slower Flips happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Kickflip too fast? J9VuKBZ

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:02 am

When i started doing kickflips it would always be like triple flip or something. But after you get good at them you start to be able to control them. Mine only flip once now, and it is hard for me to do a triple kickflip, haha..

Anyway, you wanna practice catching your flip as soon as it completes the first rotation. I find it easier to catch tricks in fakie, so i'd recommend you practice it on fakie flips first.
Back to top Go down
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:21 am

Go fakie when trying to kickflip, and remember to flick off at the corner. Don't stray off and thrust your hand straight out into the air violently. Control. Practice control.

Have your index finger on the board, pop (not too hard) move up your finger like an ollie, and when you see the corner of the board coming up to your front finger, slightly flick by turning your hand towards you (while thrusting forward with control, gently). Keep it spinning for one rotation. Finally, catch it before it overflips.

Another tip is, right after thrusting, see your index finger come off the corner. Then when your hand is about three centimeters above the board, pull back your finger onto the board. Keep your hand a couple centimeters above the spinning board and quickly SSLLLLAM dat.

Hope this helped, kickflips were very very very tricky for me, took months! happy

Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:40 pm

put more of your front finger on the board and flick with the side of your finger instead of the tip
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:25 pm

focus more on moving your whole hand in one direction and also keep your fingers far apart, the further apart the slower the rotation is
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Ian B wrote:
Less Flick = Slower Flips happy

Seriously, that's it. But what happened with me, is my kickflips would do a bunch of flips. So I just kept experimenting with different flick speeds until I found how I could do one rotation, and land it. Also, I peel my hand back. I think that slows down the flick, but maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kickflip too fast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickflip too fast?   Kickflip too fast? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickflip too fast?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1