Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alex Ward
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Alex Ward

wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. Empty
PostSubject: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:54 pm

i got a set of blackriver truck hangars in a trade from gihadgeo with wheels and they were on the hangars when they arrived. 3 of the wheels can be unscrewed from the hangar and taken off leaving one wheel that will not come off. there was no nut holding it in place as it seems to be glued to the axle. any idea on how i can take this wheel off the axle? thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://yungkeef.tumblr.com/
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:20 pm

lightly use a hammer and flathead screwdriver maybe? or would that cause too much damage?
Back to top Go down
Alex Ward
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Alex Ward

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 pm

skeep222 wrote:
lightly use a hammer and flathead screwdriver maybe? or would that cause too much damage?
that'd probably break the wheel lol, i dont know what to do other than break the axle in order to have usuable wheels again.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:24 pm

soak it all in nail polish remover for five minutes, then just give it a nice tug. If that doesn't work, then just pull as hard as you can. The axle might be a bit too big for the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ward
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Alex Ward

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:
soak it all in nail polish remover for five minutes, then just give it a nice tug. If that doesn't work, then just pull as hard as you can. The axle might be a bit too big for the wheel.
will the nail polish remover do anything bad to the bearing?
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:34 pm

nope, it's mainly just alcohol so it will evaporate quickly and leave it dry and such, which is usually what you want your bearings to be like.
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:23 am

For me, when i bought blackrivers there were actually 2 wheels that were glued onto the hangars. I just didn't use a nut on the axles that had the glued on wheels, and finally after about a week of seshing everyday, my wheels came flying off.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ward
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Alex Ward

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:29 am

Twest wrote:
For me, when i bought blackrivers there were actually 2 wheels that were glued onto the hangars. I just didn't use a nut on the axles that had the glued on wheels, and finally after about a week of seshing everyday, my wheels came flying off.  
well i've been using the truck without the nut on the wheel for a few months now and no budge. i also let it sit in nail polish remover for 20 minutes and still no progress. i used pliers and everything and this wheel just wont budge.
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 am

Alex Ward wrote:
Twest wrote:
well i've been using the truck without the nut on the wheel for a few months now and no budge. i also let it sit in nail polish remover for 20 minutes and still no progress. i used pliers and everything and this wheel just wont budge.

Man that crazy, maybe George put a lot of super glue on haha. Maybe you could try putting the truck or wheel in a vice. But this could damage the parts so idk, i mean it depends on how much you really want that wheel off.
Back to top Go down
Gabe fingerboarding
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Gabe fingerboarding

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:30 am

The brt axle is supposed to be removable so you can take the bolt off the side the wheel isn't stuck on and slide the axle out of the hanger and slide the wheel off the axle. that's what I did when this happend to me.
Back to top Go down
Alex Ward
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Alex Ward

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 am

Gabe fingerboarding wrote:
The brt axle is supposed to be removable so you can take the bolt off the side the wheel isn't stuck on and slide the axle out of the hanger and slide the wheel off the axle. that's what I did when this happend to me.
tried it multiple times. it seems as if the wheel is glued on to the axle, but where the bearing meets the axle. its a pain in the ass since i cant change out all 4 wheels so i guess i'll end up having to buy a new hangar.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:53 am

Have you tried any solutions like any liquid removers ?
Back to top Go down
Alex Ward
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Alex Ward

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 am

Jack B. wrote:
Have you tried any solutions like any liquid removers ?
yes. i let it sit in nail polish remover for 20+ minutes. after the 20+ minutes i pulled it out and held the axle with plier and tried my hardest to pull the wheel off yet it just wouldnt budge.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:14 am

Apparently nearly boiling hot soapy water should do the trick and the nail polish thing you need to apply it every 10mins with a cue tip , try them if you can
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.   wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar. Empty

Back to top Go down

wheel won't come off my blackriver truck hangar.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1