Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalEmanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got Empty
PostSubject: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Hey guys so first i want to say i hope this belong in the Fb discussion and news because the only other place this would go is in the Events/Meet up thread but under it it says,"  Post Fingerboard Events here to warn others." So i figured I'm not going to warn anybody about the event so i think this is the right place to put it.

Recap: This was yesterday, August 24. It was held in a different spot then last time but this new place was definitely nice because of how spacious the backyard was. It was between 11 and 8. When i arrived around 11:30 there was probably 20 people there. There was one plaza and one BRR park. The plaza was a paradox fingerboards concrete/wood plaza, probably the most fun thing there. It had many different possibilities and different tricks you could do on it. The BRR park was i believe a g5 park.There was also a Winkler dos, a BRR half pipe, a BRR big mama, Paradox pool, a couple other Paradox ramps and a ton of other small ramps floating around. Throughout the day more people were showing up. It got to about 50 to 60 people at its peak, which is a lot of people for just a few obstacles and parks. It was blazing hot throughout most of the day. They did have a EZ-Up set up for the Paradox plaza which was nice for shade. The shop was very cool. They had a ton of stuff from a huge stack of Emanant boards to BRR  obstacles/boards/trucks/tuning/accessories. The prices were decent. A Berlinwood deck would still cost you $45 but you got it right then and there and you didn't have to pay for shipping.

There was a game of skate, a best trick contest, and a raffle. The game of skate was fun, they had about 20 people sign up. Winner got a BRR ramp and a Berlinwood Superman graphic. It could have been judged a little better. It was judged just by the people who paid to get in. There was no ruling by anyone who worked their which i found pretty odd. The best trick was judged by Drake himself. Darian won the best trick contest. He got a gold Emanant board, Brand new BRR trucks, and the new black Winklers that just came out. The raffle was odd because when i bought extra raffle tickets, i paid $5 for three extra tickets or chances to win. I then heard and saw someone buy $5 worth of raffle tickets and received 15 extra tickets. And then another person got $10 worth of raffle tickets and got 30 tickets so that angered me a bit. The raffle prizes were very nice. A lot of FF completes and Emanant board and Paradox boards and also a Beast Pants board. It did anger me a little bit also when i saw someone win three times and receiving three really nice prizes. Also another person that doesn't fingerboard, he was just watching his friends got 2 prizes which were very nice prizes as well. But hopefully that will inspire him to start.

After the raffle, there was just four hours left to fingerboard in somewhat cooled down weather which was very nice. Some people had left so it was down to 20-30 people. That's when you really got to know some people there and got to have a lot of fun talking and seshing with them. I got to meet James or Archon FB, Pli deck owner Kenny, Chris from Beast Pants and a ton of other really cool people. Overall it was a ton of fun and i cant wait till next year.

What i got: So the first thing i did was trade me FF G13 for a really old RadRamps made for Jordan, Redemption boards owner. Then i was able to buy a Pli cruiser for only ten dollars! When Chris arrived i bought my Beats Pants which i am super stoked on. As we where leaving Drake said that all of his boards were only $15 which i couldn't pass up.

Overall what i got:
Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got Img_0810

Close up of the decks I got. The first board is a FF G12 that was on my doorstep as i got home from the event so i thought t id throw that in there:
Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got Img_0816
It goes BeastPants,FF G12, Pli, Emanant, RadRamps

The Paradox Plaza:
Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got Img_0814
The plaza split in two and two people purchased each side. Same with all the other ramps he made like the pool you were able to purchase.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:54 pm

how the FUCK does someone win a deck, new brts, AND wheels????
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:56 pm

The prizes where crazy for sure. I guess Drake was feeling generous haha.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:28 am

You're a lucky man, that's a gorgeous beastpants!
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks Deejay!
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 am

The event seemed like a great time!

I'm definitely jealous of your Beastpants, lol very happy
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:00 am

Thanks Amanda! It was definitely a fun day.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:14 am

are you sure that last one is a radramps? the split?
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:03 am

Ya i know i thought the same thing trading him. I was super sketched about trading for it. I contacted Conrad and he confirmed it was a RadRamps.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:30 am

Tyler wrote:
how the FUCK does someone win a deck, new brts, AND wheels????
At Minnesota Meetup, this dude Alex won a BRR street bench, then won a set of Winkler wheels and 32mm BRT's all in the same ending raffle. I was mad as hell.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 am

You got the sick Beastpants! shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

Companies : RIFUDG (RFDG)
Setup : SKOWOOD <3
BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 am

How muchwas it for a plaza? happy
Back to top Go down
http://rifudg.bigcartel.com/
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:31 pm

The left side sold for $25 and the right side sold for $15 because by the end of the day the right side was chipping a little.
Back to top Go down
DrakeElliott
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DrakeElliott

Companies : Emanant Fingerboards
Setup : www.flatfacefingerboards.com

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Glad you came out happy The raffle tickets werent messed up at all, just 1 of my friends messed up a sale which I fixed inside my room. Took forever to get all those out haha. But yeah I shook the box and everything before every pull so the person who won 3 times really just got lucky. But there were a ton of prizes.
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 pm

O alright. Thanks for clearing that up. Cant wait till the next event happy
Back to top Go down
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 pm

yeah thats an old rad deck conrad made. it was before he had his mold that he uses today. he made one like that for jay a couple years back in the ffi christmas exchange if im correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got   Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got Empty

Back to top Go down

Emanant Event 2 Recap/What I Got

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1