Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPrimitive Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Primitive Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbginger
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jbginger

Setup : Blosom 32.5
FBS
BRTs
Winklers
Witchcrafts

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:15 am

Primitive Review 9973833825_ec1f094a39

Primitive Review 9973823545_d970a431f8

So I got my primitive about a month ago and I now feel comfortable doing a review on it. I have it setup with BRTs, Oak Wheels, and Ace V3 tape.

Shipping- I ordered it on August 15th and I remember it coming around August 27th so a little over a week, which I am pretty happy with considering it was from Norway. 9.5/10

First Impressions- When I first got the deck I was so hyped, such an amazing deck. Everything about it was awesome. It was very stiff with little flex which was impressive considering it was a 4 ply deck. The lacquer was very smooth and it covered all of the deck, although there was one part near the tail above the trucks that felt like it missed a coat or two, it was almost like I could feel the wood underneath. But that did not affect performance and you can really only feel it while doing boardslides towards the tail but it is not that bad. 9/10

Craftsmanship- The craftsmanship on these decks in unreal. They are all shaped by a router so there is a prefect consistent shape every time. Very light and thin deck with minimal flex. You can tell that a lot of time goes into these decks. There is a beautiful split-ply on the bottom, all the lines are straight, there are no gaps in the wood, they line up almost prefect with the trucks. Not to mention the internal split that just looks awesome. All the colors perfectly work together. The decks have high-ish/medium kicks with deep-ish concave. The only reason I say the nose is high-ish is because its not that high, but it is higher than the average deck. The concave is deeper than normal at 2mm but it is really comfortable and really flows with the shape. The holes are perfect, all were straight and countersinks were not too deep. Nice flowy shape that is crafted almost flawlessly. 10/10

Performance- Coming from a Berlinwood the shape took a little bit to get used to, with deeper concave and higher kicks it felt a bit weird at first. But after getting used to it I could pop higher and spin tricks faster giving them a cleaner look with less effort than any other deck I have used before. And I found my tricks were more consistent too. Because it is so light it makes it easy to do any trick and have control the whole time. The shape of the kicks feel very snappy when you pop them and really help when catching tricks. 10/10

Overall Impression- Light, strong, and responsive deck that is crafted almost flawlessly. Very easy to tell nose from tail. Shipping was fast for how far apart we are and it comes with a piece of FBS and a ton of stickers. At 32mm wide you really can't go wrong. Its a shape that anyone can enjoy and get used to very fast. At $27 they are a bit for expensive than decks you will see on here but it is totally worth it. I would highly recommend going and checking Primitive out and picking up a deck! 9.75/10

Primitive Review 9973829895_bb37ab5e14

Primitive Review 9973849084_fa3dc898ec
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:23 am

Nice and detailed review... nice job! The pics looks really high quality too. I like how you showed a picture of the shape as it really helps readers in reviews.
Back to top Go down
jbginger
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jbginger

FBS
BRTs
Winklers
Witchcrafts

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:28 am

AmandaW wrote:
Nice and detailed review... nice job! The pics looks really high quality too. I like how you showed a picture of the shape as it really helps readers in reviews.
Thanks! It was my first review so hopefully in the future they will be even better! And yeah photography is my life outside of fingerboarding and skateboarding, its all really I do. I thought of taking a photo of the shape because I saw a ton of reviews and almost no one was showing the shape so I thought why not!
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:41 am

Great. Detailed, amazing pictures, and beautiful setup. What more could I ask in a review? haha
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:07 am

Whoa! Awesome pictures and detailed review man. That setup!! <3
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:28 am

Great review, thank you. afro
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Cool review, It was a good read:)
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:37 am

Great review. Has all the earmarks of a good review! KIU!
Back to top Go down
jbginger
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jbginger

FBS
BRTs
Winklers
Witchcrafts

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:17 am

Oscar V. wrote:
Great review. Has all the earmarks of a good review! KIU!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
AfunnyFATman
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AfunnyFATman

Companies : Wish i had one! lol
Setup : Flatface G14.12 -
RipTape Slim and Catchy -
BRT 32mm Super Silver (Witchcraft Bushings) -
Orange Bud Oak Wheels -

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:05 am

Sick review, very detailed and great pictures man! Set-up looks rad!
Back to top Go down
ENCHENG
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : None at the moment
Setup : FlatFace G13 32mm
Ytrucks X4
Oak Wheels White Plus

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:32 am

What a detailed review! Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/1Ph0n3L1M
Sponsored content

Primitive Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primitive Review   Primitive Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Primitive Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1