Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTrue Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True Stone Ramps & Rails

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:42 am

YYOYOYO PEOPLE
I talked shit about these ramps.
I had not ridden these ramps.
I rode these ramps today.
I will no longer talk shit about these ramps.

Long story short, $30 with free shipping is an amazing price. Super solid, and the tile is inexplicably awesome.
I'd go for a nice wood base but seriously, these are really nice.
Buy them people.
Back to top Go down
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:49 am

scratch

True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 IMG_6139
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:53 am

Matt Matysek wrote:
scratch

True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 IMG_6139
Yeah ikr... Trying something IRL and changing your opinion is just so fishy, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 am

It's mainly just because the amount of negativity he had that instantly turned into overwhelming support and ridiculous love for the ramps. I dunno. Stood out as funky to me. Sorry for having an opinion.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:59 am

Matt Matysek wrote:
It's mainly just because the amount of negativity he had that instantly turned into overwhelming support and ridiculous love for the ramps. I dunno. Stood out as funky to me. Sorry for having an opinion.
I get you. It's just that we all got to try these today and feel like we need to correct what we said.
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:07 am

Haha Matt, the sudden support came from us all riding the ramps at FSNW today.
Nothing fishy bro.
Back to top Go down
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:53 am

Ahhh, my bad guys. I didn't know there was a meetup where they were at. It was funny seeing a bunch of people saying not so positive things to extremely supportive all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:41 am

Eh, 

Like I said, this is why getting some of your products out to people before starting your company is so important. If they were sent out to some people first, or launched at this NSFW event or w/e it's called,  then there would have been the positivity from the start. 

Companies spend hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, and millions on product launches depending on the size of the company/product. 

Spend a few bucks sending some out to people, or go to an event for the official launch and all of a sudden you have serious support. 

Great to hear they are good guys and well done braeden for sponsoring the event and sticking with his company idea.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:40 am

Joe.F wrote:
Eh, 

Like I said, this is why getting some of your products out to people before starting your company is so important. If they were sent out to some people first, or launched at this NSFW lol event or w/e it's called,  then there would have been the positivity from the start. 

Companies spend hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, and millions on product launches depending on the size of the company/product. 

Spend a few bucks sending some out to people, or go to an event for the official launch and all of a sudden you have serious support. 

Great to hear they are good guys and well done braeden for sponsoring the event and sticking with his company idea.
You're absolutely correct, R&D is incredibly important.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 am

i appreciate joes inputs on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:04 am

True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 37659ab21252d8d1038ea9402a21892c
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:04 pm

The thing is, if i remember these benches right (no picture right now?), they are pretty poor craftmanship.. The stone and epoxy being good doesn't really make it a good product, anyone could by the same stone and the same epoxy and make ramps just like these.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
The thing is, if i remember these benches right (no picture right now?), they are pretty poor craftmanship.. The stone and epoxy being good doesn't really make it a good product, anyone could by the same stone and the same epoxy and make ramps just like these.
I think if that was true, people wouldn't be saying how amazing they are right now.
Maybe there is something we're missing happy
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:27 pm

They met the dude at a meetup, he is a nice guy so they say nice things about his benches.. Nothing fancy about that. And the benches might grind nice, and be a nice ride, but i still think they should be improved.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I can't find any photos of the obstacles, can anyone post some?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
They met the dude at a meetup, he is a nice guy so they say nice things about his benches.. Nothing fancy about that. And the benches might grind nice, and be a nice ride, but i still think they should be improved.
There is always room for improvement, with any product. I just think that people as educated in the FB world as Ollie and Taylor would know the difference between a usable obstacle and a great obstacle. I do understand where you are coming from. He should get his products out to more people so that they can review the products and let people know. I believe that these are very good, due to the opinions from the people in this thread. But I just can't buy one until the price lowers, UNLESS I have proven to me that they are 100% worth it. That may be proven to me by a few reviews or maybe try someone's.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:03 pm

AxelWahl wrote:
I can't find any photos of the obstacles, can anyone post some?
Back to top Go down
Braedan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Braedan

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Wow Thanks for all the Great support everyone I will be posting pictures soon
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
Spot on mikkel
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:
There is always room for improvement, with any product. I just think that people as educated in the FB world as Ollie and Taylor would know the difference between a usable obstacle and a great obstacle. I do understand where you are coming from. He should get his products out to more people so that they can review the products and let people know. I believe that these are very good, due to the opinions from the people in this thread. But I just can't buy one until the price lowers, UNLESS I have proven to me that they are 100% worth it. That may be proven to me by a few reviews or maybe try someone's.
It's definitely a great obstacle, but some improvements could be made. For example, it's way too heavy. Shipping would kill. And yeah, he definitely needs to PROVE that it is worth what he is charging, which, for a bench, might be hard to do without using in person.
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Can we see some more pics of some obstacles?

From what people say, they grind nice, but I also remember they weren't the best of quality. I guess pics would help out.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:59 pm

AmandaW wrote:
but I also remember they weren't the best of quality.
They weren't as pretty as they could be. The two that I used had epoxy all over the under side. But other than that the quality was nice. His dad is a tile guy, so the glues are top of the line and the tiles are apparently very expensive.

One thing to note, is that if you have painted trucks, after about 10 minutes you will not have painted trucks. That does not mean that these are not smooth, they are. They're just... abrasive.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 am

Posting this large on purpose. I cropped this from an irrelevant image, but it shows nice detail of the tile's texture and bevel. The texture is smooth but prevalent, and the bevel is very nice, definitely professionally cut.

Here you can see it being used as a wall ride on the compiny park, which was a very fun park (if anybody was wondering).
True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 Qtk6
Back to top Go down
Braedan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Braedan

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for Posting that picture taylor i was looking for pictures and couldent find any :\
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:17 am

Glad to see Braeden getting the recognition he deserves:) I know he puts a lot of time and effort into these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Stone Ramps & Rails   True Stone Ramps & Rails - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

True Stone Ramps & Rails

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next