Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhen to change your foam tape? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

when to change your foam tape?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
android17
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Seed S4 deck
Wide trucks
seed r1 wheels

when to change your foam tape? Empty
PostSubject: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:09 pm

how should I know if I should replace the foam tape on my deck?
Back to top Go down
Eric_Best
Council
Council
Eric_Best

Setup : catfishbbq, brts, ff wheels, fbs

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Either when it starts tearing, or when it's so worn down that you get to the adhesive and it becomes too sticky to use.
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:48 pm

When you want to change it wink
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Either if you don't like the current tape (#obviously) or if it becomes so worn in, it sticks to your fingers.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:52 pm

For me tape always dies in the same way - a hole appears in the tail and it gets really sticky. At that point I put a fresh sheet on happy

Simple rule is when it gets sticky, it's not working right any more. For all everyone loves China tape, that can be like 2 weeks or less if you're using that.
Back to top Go down
android17
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Seed S4 deck
Wide trucks
seed r1 wheels

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 am

okay.because for some reason, my ollies are kinda messed up right now despite succeeding making solid ollies for about 3 days. I thought the reason was my foam tape, that it isn't going with my fingers anymore. now I don't know what the hell is my problem. I was having fun, performing ollies to up to 7cds then bam, making one becomes so tough and frustrating.
Back to top Go down
BeastPants
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BeastPants

Companies : BeastPants
Setup : BeastPants (Feral) BubblegumIcecream FurStripe 33mm: +7 Agility
Blue Motion Oaks: +4 attack speed
FBS: +6 accuracy
Bright White BRTs Wide: +5 stamina, +2 dodge
Black Witchcrafts: Demonic forces cloak you in shadow, rendering you invisible for a short period. Attacks gain +6 bleed until effect wears off. 2 minute cool down.

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Sometimes I take blue painter's tape, push it lightly down on my grip and gently pull it off. It's kind of like how lint rollers work. It makes the tape feel fresh and catchy again. I wouldn't use anything with really gnarly adhesive though as you might ruin your grip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beastpants.com
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:30 pm

I usually change it depending on the phases of the moon.
Back to top Go down
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:02 pm

when you get a hole big enough to penetrate in your tail
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
I usually change it depending on the phases of the moon.
lol at this ^^

sweetbabies wrote:
when you get a hole big enough to penetrate in your tail
and whaa? ^

Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:54 am

When it doesn't grip any more. I tend to milk the frick out of foam tape. I once kept TD foam for like a year on my deck.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:57 pm

When you are on the sticky part of the foamtape, you need to change it.
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:51 pm

get a piece of like clear tape and wrap it in like a barrel around your finger and put the sticky part on the tape and like rip it off really fast multiple times, it works.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:59 am

You change your tape when your current tape wears out enough such that it starts to effect the performance of your fingerboarding.

Sometimes when my tape starts to look dirty, like if I got a bunch of chalk dust or saw dust on it I will just dampen my fingers with some water and pat down gently on the deck. This usually makes the unpleasant sight of dirty tape go away yet keeping the tape intact with the board.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:54 am

Bumping nd shit

Just use tape to clean it tho
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :
my setup seriously does resemble a pickle

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:17 pm

The wild women, the wild women, the ripping and the tearing, the ripping and the tearing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when to change your foam tape?   when to change your foam tape? Empty

Back to top Go down

when to change your foam tape?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1