Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFlatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Alexander
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
George Alexander

Companies : GRATATA
Setup : GRATATA

Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  Empty
PostSubject: Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)    Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:33 pm

*photos coming soon, I recently sold my camera, please bare with me!*

Both sets of wheels were bought second hand so I will have no shipping section or any of that shizbam. happy

1st turquoise:

First impressions: straight away from the minute I got them, I loved these wheels. I loved the look and feel of them and they looked flawless. 10/10

Craftsmanship: These wheels are soooo well made. I can't stress enough how good everything about them is. No flatspots after weeks of use, the material is just fantastic. No bearing slips or anything, just the quality you'd expect from mike. 10/10

Performance: The performance of these wheels is great. The material is super smooth and really grippy, but not so that it is too grippy. The bearings are also great, and as I said before, just what you expect from flatface. The only issue I have with these wheels is that they tend to pick up dirt quite easily due to the grip of the material. As I do a lot of outdoor exploring to fingerboard, I found this an issue. Only a minor problem but I thought it was worth mentioning to anyone wanting to use these outside. 9/10

Overall: these wheels are great. I am actually kinda surprised that I found something wrong with them. There is a minor issue, but even that depends on the type of fingerboarder you are. I would highly recommend these wheels to anyone. 9.75/10

Now onto the second wheels, the blues!!!

First impressions: I LOVED THE COLOUR OF THESE WHEELS. I also noticed that the material was smoother and more like the white brr ed material. 10/10

Craftsmanship: again, another set of absolutely flawless wheel making from mike. Slightly different shaping to the turquoise wheels, which I think I actually prefer. 10/10

Performance: these are honestly, besides the T materials, the smoothest things I've ever used. They're indescribable. Honestly. There is also the fact that the material is grippy enough to squeak when you do powerslides, but smooth enough that you don't pick up as much dirt as the turquoise wheels. 10/10

Overall: these wheels are made to perfection. Amazing craftsmanship and performance, I knew I would love them from the minute I saw them. A definite 10/10.

In comparison: if you want a perfectly grippy wheel that will feel really realistic and at the same time really fun to use, I'd say go for the turquoise editions. But if you're looking for the smoothest, most reliable wheels out there, go for the blues. I'd recommend either set to any fingerboarder looking for some quality wheels at a really reasonable price. And after all that, the blue being nicer in the grand scheme, I still prefer the turquoise wheels. I say this because they have that fun factor and there is a flaw that you can be like "oh I have to do this or that to maintain how great these wheels are...". Which may sound stupid but I actually enjoy.

Thanks for reading this if you actually did!

Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)    Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Dude, review your Compiny M8.

Dis review be gud wink
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)    Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Nice review very happy
Back to top Go down
George Alexander
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
George Alexander

Companies : GRATATA
Setup : GRATATA

PostSubject: Re: Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)    Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks guys! And oli I will sometime soon, haven't used it in fookin' agezzzzz tho m8ey
Back to top Go down
Zach
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Zach

Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Flatface wheels

PostSubject: Re: Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)    Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Really good review bud!
Glad you like the wheels wink 
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)    Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:09 am

nice bud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)    Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Flatface wheels (turquoise vs blue)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1