Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalComplete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn79
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  Empty
PostSubject: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi everyone.

I am 34 and live in PA. I have an old tech deck that I just started using again. I want to upgrade a little bit. I don't want to spend more than $30US for a complete.

I have been looking at Broken Knuckle. I can get a deck, the tunes trucked with bigger kingpin, tape and CNC bearing wheels today for around $20 with the Black Friday discount.

Will this deck help me improve?( i don't like tech deck I have now). Or will I be wasting money?

I need opinions on completes in my price range

Thanks
Shawn
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:12 pm

improve no you can still do everthing with td
Back to top Go down
Shawn79
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 pm

My TD is only 25mm wide. I think I would like the wider deck better. Are BK boards bad?
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:32 pm

broken knuckle is china, any company in the banner is sick, i would personally go for a frost complete because you get a super amazing deck for cheap, and you can upgrade the trucks and wheels over time
http://www.frostfbs.com/FrostFingerboards/Products.html
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:44 pm

anything but decks and wheels from china are ok. I would suggest any of the companys in the banner up above. when you buy a deck you can go to ebay and get some trucks and wheels for cheap I would suggest cnc china wheels. happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
Shawn79
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:45 am

So broken knuckle is not good? I looked through the ads in the banner but none seemed to offer completes. What are your recommendations. Is broken knuckle worse than a ten year old Tech Deck with crappy trucks and plastic wheels?

I appreciate your help

Shawn
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:45 am

Check out frostfbs. They have very nice hamdmade decks and if you make it a complete, its only $25.
Back to top Go down
Braedan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Braedan

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:58 am

If your just begenning get a Broken knuckle complete from there upgrade your wheels From there Get a new deck from there Get Pro trucks happy i hope this helped
Back to top Go down
Shawn79
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:47 am

Braedan wrote:
If your just begenning get a Broken knuckle complete from there upgrade your wheels From there Get a new deck from there Get Pro trucks :)i hope this helped
That's basically what I was wondering. I'm gonna get a BK and then upgrade it over time. Thanks for all the help guys!

Shawn
Back to top Go down
gijsFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : none
Setup : star fingerboard pro complete

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:54 am

i recoment a staringerboard sbf2 pro complete,
they have med kicks, a greath concave for fliping ur deck verry smooth and the bearingweels are also verry smooth and they are only 23$ i think
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:32 am

gijsFB wrote:
i recoment a staringerboard sbf2 pro complete,
they have med kicks, a greath concave for fliping ur deck verry smooth and the bearingweels are also verry smooth and they are only 23$ i think
BKF is the same thing. They're all china but go with BKF if you really want to get something from them since BKF is a lot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:37 am

If you don't go with a frost complete over a bk setup, you're gonna regret it. That's all imma say.
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:44 am

Agreed, china decks are shit, period. 

When you can get what can be called a "pro" level deck, like a frost, for just a couple bucks more, and still under $30 you would be silly fucking stupid not to.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:28 am

A Frost complete is still china wheels, which is sorta bad for the scene aswell..

You should get a deck from any well respected company. Check the banner, check the suggestions people give you.

Then you need a pair of trucks. China trucks, unfortunately, since every fingerboarder-made truck is hella expensive. You could also try and get 32/33mm trucks from a TD longboard.

As for the wheels, you could just use the ones from your Tech Deck, and save money for som proper wheels. Grand wheels are really nice, and not too pricy.
Back to top Go down
HotcheeseFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HotcheeseFB

Setup : Berlinwood
Bollie Trucks + Wheels
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:09 pm

FBUK Precision wheels are cheap and really good
Back to top Go down
Shawn79
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:16 am

I have contacted Frost about a custom complete, I'm waiting to hear from him

Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it

Shawn
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:35 am

HotcheeseFB wrote:
FBUK Precision wheels are cheap and really good
FBUK is a scum company, don't buy from them.
Back to top Go down
LegacyFS
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
LegacyFS

Setup : Qdeck
BRT 2.0 Super Silver Wides
Substance THCa
Ace 3
-------------------

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:40 pm

you can buy bollie trucks and china lathe wheels from me for 10$ shipped , and you can buy a deck from the banner here above or you can click that "home" logo underneeath me very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$    Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$  Empty

Back to top Go down

Complete setup for a beginner. Under 30$

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1