Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPrivate Press Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private Press Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

Private Press Review Empty
PostSubject: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Hey guys, today I am going to review my Private Press 90s shape deck!

First off, I’d like to apologize to Lynn, the owner, for the extremely long wait for this review. I’ve had this deck for over a month but due to a hectic month I’ve never had time to write. But here it is!

I set this up with Ytrucks x4s, FF G7Ds, and FBS.

Concave:
Private Press Review Img_0013
Shape:
Private Press Review Img_0014
Setup:
Private Press Review Img_0015

Shipping took FIVE DAYS from Germany to the US. Extremely fast for international shipping, definitely the fastest I’ve ever gotten a package from another country. After finishing my custom cruiser, Lynn quickly shipped out my package along with this deck he included as an extra. 10/10

First impressions I was amazed by the deck. Everything looked so clean, from the packaging to the deck itself. Especially since this deck was included as an extra… it was an amazing surprise to see. The deck looked very professional, from the craftsmanship to the split, but I’ll get to that in the next paragraph. 10/10

Craftsmanship on this deck is fantastic. Perfectly rounded edges, with crazy smooth lacquer that showed no sign of wear after a while. The split was done perfectly with no gaps in the middle. Lynn told me that this deck was considered a “blem” because the plies weren’t 100% straight, and after very close examination, I found what he was talking about, a very slight imperfection in the plies. But if Lynn hadn’t pointed it out, I would have never found out. It made no difference in the performance, and in my opinion, this just shows that every deck you order will be up to Lynn’s standards. Overall, the 90s shape was pressed perfectly, and one of Private Press’ characteristics are the extremely thin decks, which I love.  10/10

Performance of this deck is incredible. At first, when I set it up, it was a bit difficult to get used to. But when I did, I could do tricks very consistently. One downfall was that I found I could not pop my tricks as high, but that’s probably just me. The deck itself has medium kicks with medium concave (see pics). Although I usually ride low concave decks, the concave felt great, as it helped me with my 360 pop-shuvits. Basically, the performance is great, it’s was just a little hard to pop my tricks high. 9.5/10

Overall I love this deck. Private Press is a newer company to the scene but their products are already very high quality. From the split, the craftmanship, everything makes these decks very solid and I highly recommend them. 9.75/10

Buy a custom here: http://privatepressminiatures.bigcartel.com/

Please leave any sort of feedback, as this is my first review. Thanks! also credit to Kerry for this layout xD
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:07 am

Awesome review! happy
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 am

Really good review very happy
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 1:12 am

Yes!
Awsome!
I love these thin decks!!
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 1:13 am

Trent Witcher wrote:

I love these thin dicks!!
very happy
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:26 am

Great review Amanda happy
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:15 am

Thanks guys!

A new stock just came out today (great timing right?) so be sure to check out http://privatepressminiatures.bigcartel.com/ !
Back to top Go down
Stacked
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Stacked

Companies : Stacked
Setup : Sb- blank 8.5 deck, Indy white 149s, Knox hardware, bones Swiss bearings, bones SPF V4 54mm wheels, mob grip

Fb- STACKED cruiser, white brt wides, ff g4 brr wheels, fbs tape, WITCHCRAFT666 bushings of death

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:10 am

these decks look so good but im kind of scared that because of how thin they are that they are like bendy. are they bendy? i mean i would think that because they are pressed with 15-17 tons that they arent but ive still always wanted to have a forsure answer cuz other than that they look flawless.
Back to top Go down
https://stackeddecks.bigcartel.com/
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Chris Torres wrote:
these decks look so good but im kind of scared that because of how thin they are that they are like bendy. are they bendy? i mean i would think that because they are pressed with 15-17 tons that they arent but ive still always wanted to have a forsure answer cuz other than that they look flawless.

From my own experience, they don't bend/flex. They're very solid, so I don't think that's an issue. happy Hope that helped!
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 am

never in stock ;((
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Press Review   Private Press Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Private Press Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1